Suggestion of New Classes

Since i started playing mb2 on build b18 (eh... 7/8 years ago?), i have never seen a new class

What about..

* Support Class (to clear it up for everyone, its NOT a MEDIC class, as i said its Support, ill explain why).

- Place that mini sentry. (could be level 1)
(its the one you place and it stands still doing small shots, its on jedi academy)

- Mini Droid (could be level 2)
upload_2016-1-29_19-7-4.png

- Place that Viper Probe Droid (could be level 3)
upload_2016-1-29_19-5-37.png

- Place that blue eletric shield.

- Drop that mini heal pack. (a mini heal would only heal 30/35 hp and cooldown could be higher)

- His main weapon would send eletric bolts (there is a weapon like this on jedi academy, i dont remember the name)
upload_2016-1-29_19-8-42.png

- Hack and Enable/Disable panels. So for a Rebel Support, he could start hacking and when he finishes could open throne/fed room. But an Imperial Support could enable it again after he hacks. (even if they have already opened side doors/destroyed throne panel.

- The good thing of this class, is that we have a lot of characters that could be added here, and this class could be for both teams.

Example of a Support Character:
upload_2016-1-29_19-4-1.png

* Shadow Trooper / Light Trooper:

would be like a hard and strong Soldier/Clone, with a jetpack. In Jedi Academy his main weapon sends a heavy shot that could make the enemy hit to move a little backward, he also had a reapeater weapon,.Could also be the weapon on image listed below. Ah, a projectile rifle works well too.

upload_2016-1-29_19-0-58.png
upload_2016-1-29_19-3-35.png

4rsMS6S.png

* Traitor Guy Class (haha dont know the name we would call for this guy)
upload_2016-1-29_19-14-32.png

* Gunslinger: it would be a class with dual shotguns, single shotgun, and sniper, like a mix between ARC and Hero.
(inspired from SWTOR)

Ideas/Suggestions that would make him different from arc/hero, but would also mix those two together

- Hooded characters are nice, example image one. (this would look like more gunslinger)
- On picture two, that girl has a red vision glasses, could be like a sense? xD (this would take sense skill from jedi/sith, but maybe make it red to look like red vision glasses?)
- Hold button to charge a high damage shot from those two shotguns. (this one is not the arc charge thing with pistol, the sound, animation and damage would be different, just like a double shotgun - 'ive changed from pistol to shotgun, so it looks better).
- Frag Grenade/Incendiary Grenades. (this one would take from hero+commander class)
- ARC Class Special ability that makes him roll forward (this would take from arc class)

upload_2016-1-29_19-15-52.png
upload_2016-1-29_19-16-18.png
upload_2016-1-29_19-16-54.png

Last edited:
Gungan class. (Don't take this seriously)

Their shield could be the perfect counter for droidkas. They put down the shield and the team hides behind him and advances, his staff to fight sith, and his water grenades to drain power from droidkas and sbds.

The one I want the most is the commando droid class from Republic cruiser.

Catlord Meow!

Donator
Since i started playing mb2 on build b18 (eh... 7/8 years ago?), i have never seen a new class

* Gunslinger: it would be a class with dual pistols, single pistol, and sniper, like a mix between ARC and Hero.
(inspired from SWTOR)

Ideas/Suggestions:

- Hooded characters are nice, example image one.
- On picture two, that girl has a red vision glasses, could be like a sense? xD
- Hold button to charge a high damage shot from those two pistols.

View attachment 563 View attachment 564View attachment 565

guess what the arc is he got a sniper also

here one more example of medic class:
upload_2016-1-29_19-32-43.png

one more example for shadow trooper class:

upload_2016-1-29_19-33-2.png

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I've probably explained a hundred times why medic won't ever be in open, but I guess I'll do it again.

The way people both are intended to play, and will play medic, will ruin the dynamic of a 5 minute round with limited lives in MB2. The games are meant to be quick and dynamic. With a medic in the game, regardless of whether it has offensive capabilities or not, people will simply run back and hide when they get hit to get healed up for full instead of pushing for the objectives of the map.

guess what the arc is he got a sniper also

Hi Catlord, i was still finishing that part, i wanna make Gunslinger different from ARC and Hero, but yet a mix of those two

Look here so u can understand what i mean:

- Hold button to charge a high damage shot from those two shotguns (ive changed from pistol to shotgun)
- Frag Grenade/Incendiary Grenades.
- ARC Class Special ability that makes him roll forward

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
It makes no sense to have two classes that do roughly the same exact thing. It's a waste of in-game resources.

I've probably explained a hundred times why medic won't ever be in open, but I guess I'll do it again.

The way people both are intended to play, and will play medic, will ruin the dynamic of a 5 minute round with limited lives in MB2. The games are meant to be quick and dynamic. With a medic in the game, regardless of whether it has offensive capabilities or not, people will simply run back and hide when they get hit to get healed up for full instead of pushing for the objectives of the map.
Hi Supa, the support class is just an idea. The main purpose of this topic is to show some examples of new classes that could be in the game, it doesnt mean support could be one. I have also suggested three other more classes in case you are not interested in support one.

Preston

Nerd
Medic I dont want, but shields and sentries, could be interesting. I do want eventually a mobile shield class, would be cool.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Hi Supa, the support class is just an idea. The main purpose of this topic is to show some examples of new classes that could be in the game, it doesnt mean support could be one. I have also suggested three other more classes in case you are not interested in support one.
Support classes are fine, but their supportive capabilities need to directly influence advancement or loosely influence defensive capabilities while maintaining the balance of the game, which is a lot harder than it sounds in a game that could be over if one of those supportive abilities is too unbalanced.

It makes no sense to have two classes that do roughly the same exact thing. It's a waste of in-game resources.
Hi Supa, the class wouldnt do the same thing, instead if would actually gather a lot of examples of a lot of other classes.

Using my previous explanation, but now explaining what i mean:

- Hooded characters are nice, example image one. (this would look like more gunslinger)
- On picture two, that girl has a red vision glasses, could be like a sense? xD (this would take sense skill from jedi/sith, but maybe make it red to look like red vision glasses?)
- Hold button to charge a high damage shot from those two shotguns. (this one is not the arc charge thing with pistol, the sound, animation and damage would be different, just like a double shotgun - 'ive changed from pistol to shotgun, so it looks better).
- Frag Grenade/Incendiary Grenades. (this one would take from hero+commander class)
- ARC Class Special ability that makes him roll forward (this would take from arc class)

Catlord Meow!

Donator

The way people both are intended to play, and will play medic, will ruin the dynamic of a 5 minute round with limited lives in MB2.
meh i said that 3secs after you :D
Hi Catlord, i was still finishing that part, i wanna make Gunslinger different from ARC and Hero, but yet a mix of those two

Look here so u can understand what i mean:

- Hold button to charge a high damage shot from those two shotguns (ive changed from pistol to shotgun)
- Frag Grenade/Incendiary Grenades.
- ARC Class Special ability that makes him roll forward
theres an hooded arc and why give it an arc roll if theres already the ARC class?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Honestly, trying to convince someone that played gunslinger in SWTOR on launch won't work. The class was, and probably still is, awful.

Honestly, trying to convince someone that played gunslinger in SWTOR on launch won't work. The class was, and probably still is, awful.
ive never played swtor neither gunslinger class, i just heard about it while trying to make up with new ideas of classes.

if no1 gives an idea of new classes, we will still be playing with the same classes (just like the past 10 years). I am just someone throwing a lot of ideas of classes, it doesnt mean mb2 team should be adding them, better and improved ideas always come from old and bad thoughts

new classes always makes the hype higher and if they are made well balanced, could be fun and i dont see why not do that. (but first lets foccus on new models and maps from ep7, ofc)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Just adding classes to add classes is a bad reason to add classes.

theres an hooded arc and why give it an arc roll if theres already the ARC class?
What i am still not being able to convince and explain to you, is that you are still thinking its an ARC class, yet its a class with skills from a lot of perspectives. So changing from my previous explanations, an ARC wouldnt have a frag/incendiary grenade, neither shotgun weapon, red thermal vision glasses that could work like a red sense, etc...

It doesnt mean ARC roll should be on it, its just an idea of possible abilities.