Suggestion of New Classes

Since i started playing mb2 on build b18 (eh... 7/8 years ago?), i have never seen a new class

What about..

* Support Class (to clear it up for everyone, its NOT a MEDIC class, as i said its Support, ill explain why).

- Place that mini sentry. (could be level 1)
(its the one you place and it stands still doing small shots, its on jedi academy)

- Mini Droid (could be level 2)
upload_2016-1-29_19-7-4.png

- Place that Viper Probe Droid (could be level 3)
upload_2016-1-29_19-5-37.png

- Place that blue eletric shield.

- Drop that mini heal pack. (a mini heal would only heal 30/35 hp and cooldown could be higher)

- His main weapon would send eletric bolts (there is a weapon like this on jedi academy, i dont remember the name)
upload_2016-1-29_19-8-42.png

- Hack and Enable/Disable panels. So for a Rebel Support, he could start hacking and when he finishes could open throne/fed room. But an Imperial Support could enable it again after he hacks. (even if they have already opened side doors/destroyed throne panel.

- The good thing of this class, is that we have a lot of characters that could be added here, and this class could be for both teams.

Example of a Support Character:
upload_2016-1-29_19-4-1.png

* Shadow Trooper / Light Trooper:

would be like a hard and strong Soldier/Clone, with a jetpack. In Jedi Academy his main weapon sends a heavy shot that could make the enemy hit to move a little backward, he also had a reapeater weapon,.Could also be the weapon on image listed below. Ah, a projectile rifle works well too.

upload_2016-1-29_19-0-58.png
upload_2016-1-29_19-3-35.png

4rsMS6S.png

* Traitor Guy Class (haha dont know the name we would call for this guy)
upload_2016-1-29_19-14-32.png

* Gunslinger: it would be a class with dual shotguns, single shotgun, and sniper, like a mix between ARC and Hero.
(inspired from SWTOR)

Ideas/Suggestions that would make him different from arc/hero, but would also mix those two together

- Hooded characters are nice, example image one. (this would look like more gunslinger)
- On picture two, that girl has a red vision glasses, could be like a sense? xD (this would take sense skill from jedi/sith, but maybe make it red to look like red vision glasses?)
- Hold button to charge a high damage shot from those two shotguns. (this one is not the arc charge thing with pistol, the sound, animation and damage would be different, just like a double shotgun - 'ive changed from pistol to shotgun, so it looks better).
- Frag Grenade/Incendiary Grenades. (this one would take from hero+commander class)
- ARC Class Special ability that makes him roll forward (this would take from arc class)

upload_2016-1-29_19-15-52.png
upload_2016-1-29_19-16-18.png
upload_2016-1-29_19-16-54.png

Last edited:
Just adding classes to add classes is a bad reason to add classes.
its not an idea to add a class just for having 'numbers', its an idea of adding new content and gameplay to the game. If you take support class (again, not medic) you could have shield barrier, probe droids....... if you take shadow trooper class, which are very well known from star wars universe, you could have a normal trooper with a jetpack, and if you even want to make it look cooler, you could add those jedi academy weapons such as strong concussion rifle, repeater rifle (i guess the name of those two weapons are that). If you take Gunslinger, you could have a new weapon, which would be a shotgun (of course you can add a lot of more content to this class, but shotgun would be nice).

Of course its only a small idea, but with better improvement could make a very fun class to be played with.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
But then you're just adding the classes to have them, instead of just giving the classes that exist the abilities that you're describing. Like, the roles of the classes you're suggesting aren't missing. They're there, they exist. The only reason we would add another class is to provide something entirely unique to the game.

Forget classes.
Add the items!

The sentry gun/turret seems balanced enough:) Might be an issue with it bugging against blocking jedi??
As well as the portable turret thing you shoot:(
--------------

Stun baton for soldiers! Can function like ion blob does to paralyze a gunners attack or a sith/jedi's swing.

--------------
Wait, droid class!
R2d2 - stun, quick-hack, armor and health regen and what else...provides map support/link to teammates in the vicinity? Whatever enemies the droid sees will show up on teammates mini-map.

Teammates close to him or maybe teammates he gives comms/darts to.
Shoot them with a comm and link up!

-------------

Rancor - its just got basic movement, a rush ability and two types of melee attacks, ground pound and grab. Gimme gimme!

-------------

Sbd Fusion! One Sbd climbs the other forming a tower. The bottom Sbd controls movement and melee attacks while the top one has blasters on both arms.
Call it the Colossus.

Forget classes.
Add the items!

The sentry gun/turret seems balanced enough:) Might be an issue with it bugging against blocking jedi??
As well as the portable turret thing you shoot:(
--------------

Stun baton for soldiers! Can function like ion blob does to paralyze a gunners attack or a sith/jedi's swing.

--------------
Wait, droid class!
R2d2 - stun, quick-hack, armor and health regen and what else...provides map support/link to teammates in the vicinity? Whatever enemies the droid sees will show up on teammates mini-map.

Teammates close to him or maybe teammates he gives comms/darts to.
Shoot them with a comm and link up!

-------------

Rancor - its just got basic movement, a rush ability and two types of melee attacks, ground pound and grab. Gimme gimme!

-------------

Sbd Fusion! One Sbd climbs the other forming a tower. The bottom Sbd controls movement and melee attacks while the top one has blasters on both arms.
Call it the Colossus.

I think we need a "Super Open" mode where map makers can make custom classes, and do stupid crap on their own maps. This is beyond FA, being able to make their own classes, not just a pre-made character. So you too can be a rancor with a jetpack you just have to allocate points ;3, or maybe add a size to spend points to be shorter, or maybe give you points for being a bigger target in some cases. Interesting little qwirks that would fit into their own maps.

I wouldn't mind ARC being given some items that would tailor it more towards a support role, given that clone with its ion blobs can just about fill the role that ARC used to. The stationary shield from base would be kinda cool to see in use, as would many of the other items like the EWEB, although I'm not sure if they could be given to a pre-existing class or to a new one entirely. That said, a stationary shield and EWEB is in essence what a deka already is.

But then you're just adding the classes to have them, instead of just giving the classes that exist the abilities that you're describing. Like, the roles of the classes you're suggesting aren't missing. They're there, they exist. The only reason we would add another class is to provide something entirely unique to the game.
Like riot shield gungans and ninja droids right?

Who remembers Enforcers and Spies in the beta?
Oh the horror.
A lot of ideals here remind me of those times. Triggered.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
Gungan class. (Don't take this seriously)

Their shield could be the perfect counter for droidkas. They put down the shield and the team hides behind him and advances, his staff to fight sith, and his water grenades to drain power from droidkas and sbds.

The one I want the most is the commando droid class from Republic cruiser.
rekt

I do like the Darktrooper. Give him a repeater, maybe the T-21 and a weapon that does low damage but knockback to flush out of cover, something like 100/150 health and a jetpack that has short boosts with a cooldown, so more of a jumpjet than just flying about. Maybe some form of magnetic plating similar to SBD but less effective to simulate fancy armour. Would be slow, but the jumpjet would allow for relative escapes.

No clue what the Rebel mirror would be though.

Would be slow, but the jumpjet would allow for relative escapes.
I do agree with this the rebels would finally have a class to chase down those jetpack spamming mandos, and i also think that would help the dynamic and speed of open if we're having aerial darktrooper vs mando battles in the air while we're having gunfights and saber duels on the ground

I would just give a jetpack to arc troopers, and lock out the other option so you cant have dex and a jetpack.
So, slow get ups but with flying capabilities or high maneuverability with a lack of terrain versatility.

What makes the mandos so awesome is how they can go anywhere and get on top of stuff and hide.
And provide over-watch with sniper support.
Rebels don't really get that, which is why I supported that arc grappling hook idea.

Thing is Darktroopers are Imperial!
I think he is talking about these guys.
Anti-trooper
They are just clones in phase 1 armor, and some of them can fly.

They are not really flushed out like everything else, its just a mission in battlefront 2 and a excuse to invade Kamino and shoot clones as a storm trooper.
I would be interested to see something address the Kamino uprising and go in depth about it. Besides it being just a thing that happened. The conquering of Naboo got more love in terms of story telling, and you would think Kamino would get the same treatment.

How I would tell the story is they had to increase the growth acceleration even further, and remove creative thinking from their curriculum. And the anti troopers would be ugly looking or disfigured in some way because their incubation was rushed. So you have these "The hills have eyes." tiers of clones. Similar to clone 99, but more scary looking.

latest

Last edited:
I would vote for new class. Jedi padawan/sith apprientice. They could have 1 reinforcement. 50 hp/50 fp/50 bp. They could have only lvl 2 of Jedi/sith skill and would have bit smaller model. Thoughts?

I would vote for new class. Jedi padawan/sith apprientice. They could have 1 reinforcement. 50 hp/50 fp/50 bp. They could have only lvl 2 of Jedi/sith skill and would have bit smaller model. Thoughts?

Unless you can be a Jawa, or an Ugnaught. I'm not sold.

In all seriousness, this doesn't work that slightly smaller hitbox for half the everything is a terrible disadvantage, it also isn't all that unique, and wouldn't contribute that much to gameplay

Make a droid class, be universal. Basically the R2D2 class.
Skills
  • Pistol 1
  • Shock arm: (not sure, my idea is that its a weak force lighting)
  • Stun laser: you hit somebody and they cant run only walk for a short duration. Upgrade determines number of shots. 2-4-6.
  • Interaction speed: 1.2-1.6-2.0 (faster console hacking, and objective interactions)
  • Ammo drops: 50%-100%-150%
  • Armor drop: 15-30-60
  • Travel speed: wookie speed- average- clone sprint speed
Then the typical ammo and armor.

Downside, 50hp 50 armor, has very shitty combat capabilities.

Last edited:
Make a droid class, be universal. Basically the R2D2 class.
Skills
  • Pistol 1
  • Shock arm: (not sure, my idea is that its a weak force lighting)
  • Stun laser: you hit somebody and they cant run only walk for a short duration. Upgrade determines number of shots. 2-4-6.
  • Interaction speed: 1.2-1.6-2.0 (faster console hacking, and objective interactions)
  • Ammo drops: 50%-100%-150%
  • Armor drop: 15-30-60
  • Travel speed: wookie speed- average- clone sprint speed
Then the typical ammo and armor.

Downside, 50hp 50 armor, has very shitty combat capabilities.

If there was to be a class added I think this is the only idea that adds something to the game (in open mode).
Most other ideas that people have are things that could just be added to one of the current classes.

Only thing I would like to see is one of the sith classes getting an ability similar in use to clone blobs.

If there was to be a class added I think this is the only idea that adds something to the game (in open mode).
Most other ideas that people have are things that could just be added to one of the current classes.

Only thing I would like to see is one of the sith classes getting an ability similar in use to clone blobs.

I think we need a class that can only be used for support and have very minor offense capabilities, a class that specializes in map objectives could be something we are looking for.

The objective interaction speed boost can win or loose some maps, and would make things a lot more interesting and force more defensive playing.