Suggestion for the Arc's rifle, the M5

So I've been trying to explore the ARC's M5 rifle a bit over the course of this week.
And I've come to find out that its actually quite good, I do believe that there are some problems that need to be adressed:

1) The clip you have is way too small for what the gun actually provides in damage.

Changing it to 50 shots instead of around 35 would be preferable, why you ask? It shoots straight at all times (if upgraded), it's like a pistol 3 repeater, this point will be further adressed in bullet point 3. With that being said, in fire fights, you run out of ammo way too fast, it has a fast reload animation, but reload means death versus the one hit kill e-11 now.

2) The ammo pool should be atleast 600 instead of 480.

Although I'm hearing you on your side of the monitor that this would be insane with people playing M5 and Pistols and that they would have too much ammo, well no, because I'm playing Westars and EE3 on Mandalorian and I have 700 ammo for the westars and 600 for my EE3, why should M5 be weaker, and don't give me that bullshit of it being OP due to more snipe shots being able to be fired. Equal rights for Clowns & Arx.

3) There should be a toggle for the upgraded Westar M5 or even the standard M5.
So as I've said in point one, it always shoots straight if you buy the upgrade, that means even if you're running; it's truly a pistol 3 repeater. But this upgrade is also the downgrade in some cases.

"Wait are you on crack?"

Now now hear me out for a while here. Always shooting straight is really hard in a fight where you're constantly being knocked back by gunfire, imagine you're really close to a sick motherfucker soldier who's dodging your shit like he's Neo from the matrix, you'd want some kind of cone fire right?
I mean sometimes I just like to spray®.
Well you can't. You're stuck with that straight shooting all the way through.

So here's a thought: Let us choose wether to spray & pray or actually be good at videogames by giving us a toggle. What should this toggle do then?

M5 without upgrades:

• Allow for scoping without using snipe shot ammo, just primary fire
M5 with upgrades:
  • Allow for scoping without using snipe shot ammo, just primary fire
  • Allow us to shoot straight or spray & pray while not scoped
The way the toggle should work is it changes the way the weapon fires, as to provide some kind of balance, using the toggle to spray should render you unable to do close quarter snipe shots to prevent rekking sith after you've just sprayed them to 1 hp and using that final snipe shot to penetrate their 23 force they've gathered, unless you're proficient enough to change modes after firing, which is fine since, you know, it actually requires a button press command rather than just scoping.

There, I hope that's clear enough on my part and I'd love to hear the communities thoughts on this.

btw. since i recently started playing arc seriously (westar m5 sniper, dex3, stamina2, armor3, ammo3) my average k/d increased noticeably
pls consider nerfing arc trooper, it feels too op currently

Haha, I've been kicking quite some ass aswell, but the second upgrade for arc to shoot straight is effectively useless. 6 point waste. (Who cares about shooting straight all time when dex 3 gives you that option with snipe anyway)

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think that actual clip size (shoots between reloading) could be increased for ammo 3 ONLY. Not only for arc, but for many other big guns too - high ammo is really underused skill (I would risk to say that most players never take more than ammo 1...).

As for solds running around like mad and dodging straight fire - I always thought that we need shotgun-style weapons (costing approriately) for thugs (BH) and arcs, exactly against those pesky respawning, low-hp solds ;)

/Cat Lady

actually i disagree with everything you wrote
clip size is balanced by quick reloads (mid-air reloads ftw), ammo3 could be cheaper and further increase spare ammo, not clip size
most players never take more than ammo 1
i ALWAYS take at least ammo2 :) (except when i save for PLX)

and for most solds, sprinting around corner while blazing primary fire at upper chest usually kills them fast, no need for shotguns
maybe shotguns could be used in different situations, but this is a whole different topic

edit: is it just me, or the m5 sniper viewmodel needs retexturing? imo it looks a lot worse than standard m5's viewmodel

I believe that a large amount of ARC problems could be directed towards lack of practice. I don't see very many people playing ARC a lot. The playstyle of the class differs from most. I'd go as far to say that you cannot just pick up ARC and expect to feel the same about it as you would hero.