Sound replacement for looping sounds.

Hey me again,

My sound replacement mod is coming along fine but I get stuck with sounds that loop such as force speed or the grip rumble.
If you try to do it in game you crash to menu with error:

"error sound[the sound] has length 0"

My Googling tells me that this is because the value for this file should be -1 meaning it continues indefinitely until it is interrupted where as a value of 0 mean it plays once.

Other games' forums suggest changing the value in a certain game file but I can't find it for MBII or JA.

There's also some advice talking about bitrates and frequencies being the problem. I have copied the frequencies and bitrates of the sound files I am replacing so now sure why it doesn't like it.

Any idea would be great :) Thanks!

Howdy,

These are replacements of .wav files such as speedloop.wav found in "sound/weapons/force"

Come to think of it, the .wav files seem to be the only problem for me at the moment, though in previous builds of MBII they were fine.
I'm guessing .wav files are used in MBII specifically for looping sound effects.

Hi, yep all my sounds are made mono.
They are the correct names and paths. Easy to tell because the new files cause a crash.
I tried 44100 Hz and 22050 Hz (the latter being what the speedloop.wav is originally) but both cause a crash with the exact error.

Unless the way I save files is causing a weird rule with a .wav to not loop I honestly have no idea what I can do different.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Send me your file, please.
Also, are you sure about the error? Maybe it's "Sound %SOUND_NAME% has a bad loop length"?

Not sure what I can do, I've tried making them the exact same length as the ones I replace but they cause that same error.
Will try using different bitrates and formats and see if I get lucky.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Oh yeah. Kids love big number without knowledge why they use those big numbers.
Only few audio hardwares can handle actual 32 bit sounds. Even 24 is too much. They are needed for good studios that work with sound and can notice the difference with depth of audio or modify track by samples and every sample matters.

So yeah the game can handle only 8 and 16 bit WAVs.

16 bits is MORE than enough for anyone.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It reminds me of situation where my favorite bootleg's creator started to record shows with 96 khz, only to downconvert it to 44.1 khz later, and argued with me that it is better than recording on the 44.1 khz from the start. Eh...