Semi-Authentic

Discussion in 'Feedback & Gameplay' started by GoodOl'Ben, Jun 16, 2018.

?

Would you like a game mode like this?

1. Absolutely!

40 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Sure

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Dunno

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NO WAY!

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Sir Crusher

Sir Crusher Internal Beta Team

also, variety. If I'm playing as a clone commando, on a RC map, I'd expect it to have the equipment of an arc, not of another class

2. Noob

Noob Nerd Donator

at that point it would just be FA, era only seems fair to be semi authentic, with a range of models to pick from

3. Sir Crusher

If it's not like I said it won't be different from open.

4. Sir Crusher

The most important part of SA is the ability to change the loadouts of the FA classes.

5. hleV

hleV

I always prefered FA due to its consistency with Star Wars (sizes, powers, weaponry, etc.) whereas Open had its "competetive balance" limits. Now we can have different weapons, powers, techniques, attributes, heights for different characters while maintaining some of Open's good aspects. Wouldn't mind some character customization as well, but that might be too much work for so many characters.

I don't mind combining all eras into one, but I don't mind it being a server setting neither. Just give me a big Desann with his big dildo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    ☆~Panda~☆ likes this.
  6. President Bossk

President Bossk

Where can I view this?

7. Sir Crusher

@GoodOl'Ben , is the following description of SA accurate?
    In Semi-Authentic (SA), the classes are limited to choosing the "skins" of the people who actually appeared within the time-period that the map takes place in. Players may still allocate points as they deem fit.

I found it at the mb2 wiki

8. GoodOl'Ben

GoodOl'Ben Nerd Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

For the current version yeah. Nobody plays it, so I figured it might as well be scrapped in favour of something new.

The new version would allow you to pick anyone from the saga, but you'd get to pick from a wide array of characters that benefit from the FA character templating system's flexibility. Think DOTA2-style immense character roster that keeps expanding. Just no ultimate abilities or anything of the sort. Just picking a hero or a villain character with their trademark looks, abilities and weapons.

This sounds like FA though.

9. Sir Crusher

Nobody plays it because it's broken(doesn't work at all). Although the current version is bugged, I'd like to see it working before the new version you're proposing is implemented

Damn Polak likes this.
  10. Dra-Gon

Dra-Gon

Even when semi-authentic was working, nobody played it.
    Sometimes the limitation of classes made it favour one faction over the other.

11. Sir Crusher

Afaik it never worked. I tested it on the version 1.1 some weeks ago and it hasn't worked.

12. Dra-Gon

Dra-Gon

I'm writing about B era. Around B19 or RC1 there used to be a server set to semi-authentic. It was empty most of the time, tho sometimes a few people gathered around to try it, me included.

13. jango40

jango40

I've seen 4 servers in RC3 P4 with active players at least a few times weekly, it completely died with v0

14. Torlo50

Torlo50 Internal Beta Team

Hmm, now, this is a thought. I would love it. Now, I like to RP from time to time, and this would allow this. It would allow for the memerrs, the trolls, the RPers, and the people just wanting to have a good time, without, if you excuse the term, try-harding. My only thing is map obj's should be modified. This sounds like it would be great for a Team Death-match sort of game-play, while Open is totally an Objective Game Mode. I would totally play an FA TMD. It would be great! I would love to screws around with the B-1. Just make sure the voice lines run properly, I know we have been having an issue with that lately with FA characters on a few maps. Other then that.. great idea!

☆~Panda~☆ likes this.
  15. Jediknight Fou

Jediknight Fou

So its Open but every character has their own weapons, skills and gadgets?
    Sounds great, since I always liked FA more than Open, but was annoyed by the class restriction.
    I already can see the Yoda and Palpatine trolls wreak havoc together.^^

16. GoodOl'Ben

GoodOl'Ben Nerd Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

Managed to get this working. Post your favorite FA characters! Need inspiration ;)

17. Tylenol

Tylenol Internal Beta Team

Dark Side Rosh

GoodOl'Ben and Torlo50 like this.
  18. k4far

k4far Donator

Pre Vizsla!!

Signature dark saber, wrist launcher with grappling hook and projectiles, grenades. Jetpack!

I would give him Jump 2 with Arc's stamina, 4 conc grenades you would be throwing 2 at once, better jetpack with less restrictions more responsive, wrist line launcher so you can haul somebody with you, twin pistols. If you can mix the jump 2 move set with freedom of using a jetpack like he could do a short wallrun with a jetpack not turned off. Mix those two things freely it would be interesting. Dark saber needs own separate stance imo. You can also give him old sbd's zoom if he gets a helmet. It was removed from sbd at some point he can have it.

GoodOl'Ben likes this.
  19. Torlo50

Torlo50 Internal Beta Team

Anakin. Like the child Anakin. He gets sense, jump, and full melee combat. Maybe a couple of respawns to balance this out.

20. k4far

k4far Donator

Watto Mandalorian reskin he would be flapping his wing with jetpack activated and the only quote "only money".

Jeob likes this.