SBD Speed

So I'm sure everyone here has seen SBD and its speed and i know its not designed to be a fast class even in the movies/games its not a fast class, i was thinking, since it has the battery perhaps there could be an run ability you could buy in the class store (what ever its called) that you could sprint at a decent cost of your battery power, could make for useful strategizing and i think it would be fair imo to have points set up in a way that you would either get the Jogging (not sure what you call a running SBD expect 'Oh Sh*t' ;) ) or you would get HP level 3 same thing with the CT either reinforcements or CR 3 but not both, Just an idea :D

SBD.jpg

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I'm fairly positive your entire clan is neither good as a team, nor as individuals, so I don't see why you even have an opinion on this subject.

I am fairly positive you don't have any room to talk either seeing as all you do is spout how the game is luck based without any proof to back it up and call people names when people call you on your nonesense. I'd trust Goliath more than your word because that is the only class he plays and he is more of an expert on the subject than anyone here. You're word is just bloated ego put in a form of text, where Goliath is roleplayer nonsense with months of experience of playing that very class.

Honestly when I created the slap build on the sbd, as fun as it was. It also going boring slapping everyone to death.
Remove all firepower, max health, all the armor, and enough battery to not drain on constant movement and just hold down the right mouse button. It was hilarious watching people trying to throw bullshit swings at me and slapping clones to death. Boxing wookies was the greatest challenge of the build.

I am going to suggest a wrist blade option for the SBD and people have an option to either put points in firepower or arm sword. I know we don't like giving melee to any other class except jedi, but a slow moving tank that can only melee sounds less powerful than giving vibroblades to soldiers and ET's.

Last edited:
I feel like an SBD with a melee is not too bad, kinda odd tho has they never did *at least not that i have seen* i think the knock back on the SBD taking hits like being shot would need to be reduced if ur gonna walk around bitch slapping everyone XDD

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
BigBoss, have you ever fought a good player in this game? I don't think slap-SBD is particularly viable.

BigBoss, have you ever fought a good player in this game? I don't think slap-SBD is particularly viable.
That is the fucking point achilles.
Its shit and the fact that I did it and actually got positive K'D's made it funny.

I am boxing wookies with a bitch slap.
You think im taking the game seriously when I pick the slowest class and use only the slap?

A wrist blade option will make the slap more viable and probably make some epic boxing footage when SBD's and wooks fight each-other.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
That is the fucking point achilles.
Its shit and the fact that I did it and actually got positive K'D's made it funny.

I am boxing wookies with a bitch slap.
You think im taking the game seriously when I pick the slowest class and use only the slap?

A wrist blade option will make the slap more viable and probably make some epic boxing footage when SBD's and wooks fight each-other.

So basically, you want to make SBD an annoying melee class and equivalent to Wookiee, so we can have videos showing Wookiees/SBDs spamming melee attacks at each other?

tumblr_o4y7gruq2L1tq4of6o1_500.gif

How can anyone ever take MB2 seriously when the very people playing it don't take it seriously.

How can anyone ever take MB2 seriously when the very people playing it don't take it seriously.

Because some dude on the fourms says the game is luck based and says getting good at the game is pointless because fights are only based on luck.

So why take the game seriously when the game is based on a dice roll?

You play how you want, I am going to play how I want. It's a fucking video game. If being a giant rectangle that slaps people to death is something I want to do. I am going to do it and enjoy the minimal amount of enjoyment it can produce.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Because some dude on the fourms says the game is luck based and says getting good at the game is pointless because fights are only based on luck.

So why take the game seriously when the game is based on a dice roll?

Gunning vs Gunning, Saber vs Gunning, and Saber vs Saber have varying amounts of luck involved, some higher than others. At the highest level of sabering, which I have reached, most saber fights are ended through raw luck. A single lucky PB counter.

In most saber vs gunner fights, I see luck being a huge factor.

In most Gun vs Gun fights, it is 80%+ Luck.

Do you know where almost ALL of the skill in MB2 (barring sabering) comes from? Knowing the environment, and how to use it. Period.

Gunning vs Gunning, Saber vs Gunning, and Saber vs Saber have varying amounts of luck involved, some higher than others. At the highest level of sabering, which I have reached, most saber fights are ended through raw luck. A single lucky PB counter.

In most saber vs gunner fights, I see luck being a huge factor.

In most Gun vs Gun fights, it is 80%+ Luck.

Do you know where almost ALL of the skill in MB2 (barring sabering) comes from? Knowing the environment, and how to use it. Period.

Uh huh sure.
Remember you need to provide proof to establish opinions into facts, otherwise you are talking out of your ass as much as I am.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Uh huh sure.
Remember you need to provide proof to establish opinions into facts, otherwise you are talking out of your ass as much as I am.

Go ask Hexodious. I can show you a billion videos of me killing other gunners who are supposed to be better than me as a gunner, and you'll just go 'But those gunners in NA suck' or some other such stupidity.

Go ask Hexodious. I can show you a billion videos of me killing other gunners who are supposed to be better than me as a gunner, and you'll just go 'But those gunners in NA suck' or some other such stupidity.
You mean one of the people who called you out on being wrong?

Sure, I have no problem talking to somebody who agreed you were on some heavy drugs that day.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
>Gunner vs. Gunner
>Luck
tumblr_inline_obts32Qxja1u68gs8_500.jpg

>meme arroes
iirc Achilles's argument is that since the classes are so fast moving and can change direction so immediately, and shots aren't instant, and such, then the best you can do for any given shot is make a guess about where to shoot.

IMO when I'm playing badly, my guesses are very lazy, I pay loose attention to all the details of where exactly to aim or what kind of dodge pattern the enemy is using and just kind of shoot generally where they might be. But when I'm playing Fucking Awesomely I feel like I'm locking into their pattern super quickly and calculating extremely plausible guesses at very high speeds and executing on them extremely precisely.

but since that's still ultimately Guessing and not... Deterministic, Achilles says it's random.

(as an example, if some guy's pattern is literally just a short "in-place" wiggle back and forth, then at long range it's actually a pretty difficult mental task to figure out where he'll be when your shot gets there, but if I'm locked-in mentally then I get a lot better at doing something like that)

also there's the whole matter of lots of gunner vs gunner situations being a lot of running around spraying E-11 alt-fire (or CR fire, or so on) while running, which IS random af, but I don't mind that anyway, and you do still have to lead accurately in general to win in that situation, and you can still win by mixing in accurate walkshots (as in: walking just for a moment while firing) instead of just rolling RNG random spread.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Basically ^

Unless you have faster projectiles, and less ridiculous strafing speed, then you'll never really have a truly skillful gunning environment. Trying to hit decent players is far too random.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I think what I would dislike the most about such a... deterministic "truly skillful" gunning environment would be that it would no longer be "conversational."

By which I mean, with slow targets and fast projectiles, you wouldn't need to weigh as much what the enemy is thinking, you would just need to be good at twitch-clicking on heads.

I prefer the conversation, even if it makes the game less of a deterministic mechanical-skill evaluation machine.

MB2 could certainly be pushed a bit further towards determinism without me minding, but I also like it where it is, because I like the feeling of winning by precisely understanding people's patterns and expectations. It's more personal. :p

(it's also one of a couple reasons why MB2 scales kinda poorly to larger player counts. It gets much harder to lock on to what each enemy is thinking, as their team gets larger, resulting unavoidably in chaos. Although chaos can be fun too.)

(my usage of the word "deterministic" may come exclusively from computer science and not be familiar to people outside of it. "a deterministic algorithm is an algorithm which, given a particular input, will always produce the same output." - Wikipedia. What I mean is that in a deterministic environment, when you pit two players against each other, the one with "higher skill" invariably wins.)

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I think what I would dislike the most about such a... deterministic "truly skillful" gunning environment would be that it would no longer be "conversational."

By which I mean, with slow targets and fast projectiles, you wouldn't need to weigh as much what the enemy is thinking, you would just need to be good at twitch-clicking on heads.

I prefer the conversation, even if it makes the game less of a deterministic mechanical-skill evaluation machine.

MB2 could certainly be pushed a bit further towards determinism without me minding, but I also like it where it is, because I like the feeling of winning by precisely understanding people's patterns and expectations. It's more personal. :p

(it's also one of a couple reasons why MB2 scales kinda poorly to larger player counts. It gets much harder to lock on to what each enemy is thinking, as their team gets larger, resulting unavoidably in chaos. Although chaos can be fun too.)

(my usage of the word "deterministic" may come exclusively from computer science and not be familiar to people outside of it. "a deterministic algorithm is an algorithm which, given a particular input, will always produce the same output." - Wikipedia. What I mean is that in a deterministic environment, when you pit two players against each other, the one with "higher skill" invariably wins.)

You would still need to position yourself, and use cover/range, which is still a mind game. The strategy of out-thinking your opponent, would be not presenting yourself as an easy target. The factor of current gunning, is that the only real mind game is based on what direction they might dodge in, which is quite boring imo.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i didnt like you when you first popped on the forums with an ego, i dont like you now. i dont think ive ever seen you play the actual game. get to know people before u try to shit talk

;););););););););););););););););););););););)

as far as i know when you showed up on the forums achilles, you just started the game and you were trying to tell vets why the game was bad and that the saber combat wasnt like chivalry. now ur in the beta team and now you think you know everything kek.

D

Deleted member 3006

Would be nice to keep the SBD similar to the Republic Commando version, just not too tanky i feel like its HP at the moment is great, no battery would be lovely, 1 wrist rocket? sounds crazy but they are a SBD after all and having something extra to help them out would be great, could use the rocket only when crouching just like Republic Commando would be cool.