SBD Speed

So I'm sure everyone here has seen SBD and its speed and i know its not designed to be a fast class even in the movies/games its not a fast class, i was thinking, since it has the battery perhaps there could be an run ability you could buy in the class store (what ever its called) that you could sprint at a decent cost of your battery power, could make for useful strategizing and i think it would be fair imo to have points set up in a way that you would either get the Jogging (not sure what you call a running SBD expect 'Oh Sh*t' ;) ) or you would get HP level 3 same thing with the CT either reinforcements or CR 3 but not both, Just an idea :D

SBD.jpg

(MSDWP) Q-11

Account Suspended
I'm sure everyone here has seen SBD and its speed and i know its not designed to be a fast class even in the movies/games its not a fast class

False. There are multiple models of B2. The creators (Techno Union guild) in the planning decided that for the defensive model, speed and maneuverability are not in demand, in contrast to the assault model, which requires a high speed of movement for a successful attack.

On the image is shown the example of assault model in which blaster cannons have been replaced on the chainsaws.

latest

These models were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems in Battle of Simocadia and Geonosis.

If players are having this much trouble learning how to SBD, I might have to release a tutorial video...
In its current state, the SBD seems to be in an equinox between firepower, HP, and speed.

I don't want to give out too much information on my builds, but I will tell all of you that you should have no points on battery. Learning to shift-walk is advised.

Do not misunderstand, this just means the current SBD should not change. Adding new classes / features to the SBD is what we need instead.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
no points in battery? Then, doesn't doing basically anything at all drain your battery? That sounds like it's only viable if you're only fighting one or maybe two targets at a time, and you're defending.

but it does let you stack HP and firepower and maybe some armor so i guess i can picture it. Sounds weaker vs gunners than vs jedi, since gunners are dealing constant damage to you, constantly draining your battery, while jedi rely on a few meaningful hits after a lot of effort.

If players are having this much trouble learning how to SBD, I might have to release a tutorial video...
In its current state, the SBD seems to be in an equinox between firepower, HP, and speed.

I don't want to give out too much information on my builds, but I will tell all of you that you should have no points on battery. Learning to shift-walk is advised.

Do not misunderstand, this just means the current SBD should not change. Adding new classes / features to the SBD is what we need instead.
I say do it, we need tutorial videos on all the classes outside of Jedi and sith.
People often don't play the droid classes and because of that, completely unaware of the meta on how to fully utilize and bang for your buck on points.

I might make one for soldiers but seeing as im not active it may not mean much.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The new battlefront game will answer the canon question once and for all. (Although there was a small part in the geo arena where sbds ran)

no points in battery? Then, doesn't doing basically anything at all drain your battery? That sounds like it's only viable if you're only fighting one or maybe two targets at a time, and you're defending.

but it does let you stack HP and firepower and maybe some armor so i guess i can picture it. Sounds weaker vs gunners than vs jedi, since gunners are dealing constant damage to you, constantly draining your battery, while jedi rely on a few meaningful hits after a lot of effort.

As to its effectiveness, I am Goliath. Think of that as you will.

I don't wish to give out anything further on my build.. yet.
It is considered a secret of the A.I.

Despite the secrecy that surrounds it, so many of you don't know how to SBD
that I fear you may nerf/rework it, so the council may need to hold meeting as to whether I should release it in a tutorial.

The brotherhood does not take the leaking of its secrets lightly.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
People who would argue for an SBD nerf are implicitly saying that it's too easy to do well with SBD, implying they already know how to use it well. If you release a tutorial that doesn't manage to actually demonstrate weaknesses of SBD (demonstrating how to counter SBD), you'll just reinforce the notion that it needs a nerf.

Also I know my way around an SBD, i'm a gunner main and a pragmatist. I've tended towards wanting mobility and aggression though, wanting to be able to finish off targets, so I haven't explored the Hard Turtling style I tend to see you use (although I respect it).

People who would argue for an SBD nerf are implicitly saying that it's too easy to do well with SBD, implying they already know how to use it well. If you release a tutorial that doesn't manage to actually demonstrate weaknesses of SBD (demonstrating how to counter SBD), you'll just reinforce the notion that it needs a nerf.

Also I know my way around an SBD, i'm a gunner main and a pragmatist. I've tended towards wanting mobility and aggression though, wanting to be able to finish off targets, so I haven't explored the Hard Turtling style I tend to see you use (although I respect it).

A rework that inadvertently nerfs the SBD.
I apologize for not elaborating more (initially), it has been some time since they announced it was coming.

Regardless, I assure you that I have no issue handling multiple targets.

D

Deleted member 3006

Release a tutorial video please, i know many people don't like SBD because "too slow movement" "battery sucks" etc and a video showing the pros and cons about the SBD could be very useful and persuade others to try the SBD more often. I mostly use SBD when it's defending maps as they are really good as defenders, sitting and waiting for the targets rather than charging up to them.

Would be nice aswell to fix up the "zoom" feature or make it more better cause i don't think anyone uses it and currently the way it is, i don't blame them. Could maybe have it when you zoom it's all red and tech styled with a crosshair, something that's just robotic rather than just zooming the view forward and that's it.

Experience will outpace anything you can learn by watching a tutorial, though a tutorial can help you gain that experience. Problem with that is that SBD is a pretty simple class, it's how you play it that can make it complex, so in this scenario, experience is ALWAYS gonna serve you better than being taught.

Maybe a small text guide rather than a video tutorial would be better in this regard. Perhaps detailing ideal loadouts. Tactics for a map like DOTF? I don't know, I mainly play FW.

As for the zoom, I feel like adding too many bells and whistles would distort the purpose of such a thing, in fact, I distinctly remember about 4 years ago, the projectile rifle scope heavily obscured much of what you were trying to aim at, even the parts that were not covered by the bells and whistles on the zoom overlay were covered by a red filter, making Jedi/Sith somewhat hard to distinguish from each-other at times. Besides the obvious gameplay perspectives on such a thing, there is no zoomed in scope mode for SBDs in the expanded, or mainstream Star Wars universe, I think the best you could get is the first person zoom in from Battlefront 2, but if you were not to use that, the scope design would have to either be heavily inspired by something, or it would have to be completely original.

Gonna tell you right now, that the Devs would rather use something pre-existing to base an overlay on.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I figure one reason why the zoom doesn't have a scope graphic is because the "firing point" is different from every other scoped weapon. Every other scoped weapon fires straight from the center of first-person view. SBD's firing point is more like E-11's or Pistol's, it's displaced over to the right. Which makes for pretty clear complications if you add a scope graphic. This is demonstrated by how far over to the right the dynamic crosshair is when you zoom.

I used zoom a little recently because I was playing an FA SBD that had it equipped, and it was more useful than I anticipated. I see SBD as very much a close-range oriented class but the zoom may give some backup long range utility.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I figure one reason why the zoom doesn't have a scope graphic is because the "firing point" is different from every other scoped weapon. Every other scoped weapon fires straight from the center of first-person view. SBD's firing point is more like E-11's or Pistol's, it's displaced over to the right. Which makes for pretty clear complications if you add a scope graphic. This is demonstrated by how far over to the right the dynamic crosshair is when you zoom.

I used zoom a little recently because I was playing an FA SBD that had it equipped, and it was more useful than I anticipated. I see SBD as very much a close-range oriented class but the zoom may give some backup long range utility.

SBD is strong at all ranges, and against all classes. It grants far too many advantages compared to any other gunner class, 'cept maybe Clone.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I feel like SBD is weaker at long range on account of its slower move speed making it much easier to hit than other classes at the same range, buuuut that's just a feel, may not hold up under examination. At short range as an SBD I have a much greater feeling of "sure, you can hit me, but you can't stop me from hitting you either," while at long range I feel like I just get pecked down. I'm certainly "playing it wrong" to a degree.

But certainly I would argue that a P3 Hero at long range has a huge advantage on an SBD. Hero gets to run and fire strong single-shots while SBD has to walk slowly to fire accurately and individual hits do less damage. Mag plating maybe makes it a bit more even but then you're either more fragile overall, have less firepower, or are extremely vulnerable to sabers.

I feel like a more accurate characterization of SBD is that it can be configured to be strong at any range, against any class, but it is never the case that a single SBD is strong at all ranges against all classes. And there's always pulse nade ARC

SBD's totally the best single anti-Jedi gunner on blue, but in larger group situations, flamethrower and poison and stuff can be more useful than the SBD's sheer imperviousness. And when it comes to gunner vs gunner, I think I'm more scared of a good player playing BH than I am of that same player playing SBD? But then again, maybe I don't see many good players playing SBD.

Last edited:

Most of SBDs range problems are solved by finding a good wall to take cover behind then blindfiring around the corner at head level. I've killed so many this way it's heartbreaking, because most times the newer players call me a cunt for blind firing because it's basically shooting a perfectly accurate cr3, headshots only with no actual risk of my being hit by anything short of a very precise sniper rifle shot. They have to hit me in my blaster arm to actually do anything to me at that point, and for anything other than a sniper, it's near impossible.