Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
There's a strange thing about your servers. If you hit opponent's kata/lunge/butterfly massive lags are to happen. I've never seen this before on other servers

Thank you - it is known bug, CPU of servers get spiked badly during intense saber clashes. We hope that this bug was fixed for next MB2 release.

Why is it that often when switching maps it is loaded twice? I didn't see it on other servers. It's really annoying because my pc is slow and most of the time after loading the map first I still have a couple second to join, but after the second one I already missed the start of the match.

Cat Lady

I think I know the phenomenon you're describing, but I'm not affected by it myself, so no idea. I think it is client-related issue (even if it only happens in synergy with something server-side), as you're literally only person that mentioned something like this in relation to RPi servers.

Next release of MBII will contain relatively up-to-date OpenJK with MBII changes (namely, auto-recording demos will work as intended, including GUI settings for recording notifications), so I'm curious if you will still encounter the issue if using those, instead of self-compiled ones.

Cheers,
/Cat Lady

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
You should get a rpi3 and see if it improves anything for these servers

Cat Lady

That's the plan. It will require some re-doing of my home rack for Pi's (as the 3 one definitely should get a radiator - it throttles down on hardware layer wen over 87 C, and it reaches it regularly under load without heatsinks), so it will take some time, but - paired with expected optimization on MB2 side - it should allow for really huge boost of power.

As a side note, unrelated to the servers - RPi foundation released driver with OpenGL (*not* only ES variant, the big-brother OpenGL mainline), so MB2 client on RPi is closer and closer...;)

@The down below:
Veri funny. Penny for a joke ;)

Last edited:

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Oh heck yeah. In that case you may be worth keeping around. Ill have to call back my bounty hunters for a while