RP servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there ever be servers dedicated to RP, with longer rounds? I've only been playing for a few months now, and maybe these were a thing before, but it would be cool to have them back!
Plus FA is not really great for RPing since the rounds are too short

I exist, and would enjoy infinite re-spawns and no time-limit game-mode. It does not hurt to add a game-mode for our kind.

/me reminds everyone that you cannot currently join mid-round making RP pretty stupid in MB2 as you'd have to restart constantly if you removed the time limit. You'd have to reset without that feature regardless.

It isn't just the timelimit being limited that is the problem. It is what I just mentioned + there is no clear indicator on the server list for such a server modification. So people join servers confused (not everyone reads name just sees playercount)

Allow people to join in the middle of the round to add to the game-mode. As stated to Golvan, infinite re-spawns, and no time limit would make for the perfect battleground.
We understand some things will be absolutely broken, this is fine.

Thats just recent history. If you saw when I was actively developing there was a thread dedicated to progress on my levels where I would show layouts, event WIPs, etc. that people could respond to. Several of us also ask for random idea feedback in-game.

So again, like I stated, that communication needs to be opened again between the devs and the community. I don't see how this is hard to comprehend. I'm not arguing with you. I'm saying that is the way it should currently be.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So again, like I stated, that communication needs to be opened again between the devs and the community. I don't see how this is hard to comprehend. I'm not arguing with you. I'm saying that is the way it should currently be.

I'm also saying there hasn't been anything TO communicate lately. We have a pattern of communicating quite a lot. Being silent usually means not a whole lot is happening.

Nothing out of initial design states. Need to make it past the teams scrutinizing before it makes it to the community.

Is that your way of saying nothing other than improving on what we already have? I don't know what is in these "initial designs."

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Is that your way of saying nothing other than improving on what we already have? I don't know what is in these "initial designs."

UI rework, CTF, new classes, etc. Again if this stuff doesn't get shot down (Remember, limited resources).

UI rework, CTF, new classes, etc. Again if this stuff doesn't get shot down (Remember, limited resources).

I'd be interested to know where CTF currently stands, and I can start a new thread on that. We don't need to send this one more off topic.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
By the way, since mace mentioned CTF, it has an infinite respawn mechanic. The code is there. Just say goodbye to ye olde time limit and voila you've got a game mode seperate from open in which RP'ers can play around. (Allowing for FA modifications ofc.)

Just to remind you. Please vote

Should the hard-coded time limit be removed?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
By the way, since mace mentioned CTF, it has an infinite respawn mechanic. The code is there. Just say goodbye to ye olde time limit and voila you've got a game mode seperate from open in which RP'ers can play around. (Allowing for FA modifications ofc.)

Which isn't entirely working properly yet (Hello invisible kyle deka) or balanced properly. Hell, we have to disable class / model switching mid round to avoid hitching. CTF will still have a timelimit.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Which isn't entirely working properly yet (Hello invisible kyle deka) or balanced properly. Hell, we have to disable class / model switching mid round to avoid hitching. CTF will still have a timelimit.

That isn't relevant because with custom FA classes in b18 respawn worked flawlessly. Also, I'm not saying CTF should get time-limit removed. I'm saying you can easily unlock time limit on FA only or smth and that'll fix it.

That isn't relevant because with custom FA classes in b18 respawn worked flawlessly. Also, I'm not saying CTF should get time-limit removed. I'm saying you can easily unlock time limit on FA only or smth and that'll fix it.

Open game mode, no time limit, infinite re-spawns, joining in the middle of rounds if possible.
Organisms get so carried away, we should focus on getting this idea off the ground instead of just discussing it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

Custom FA classes are kind of broken right now, hence the FX updates I did. Those need a lot of fixing too. Lets greet new RPers with a lot of crashes, missing FX, etc!

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The excuses never end do they? ^^

Jesus christ you people need to learn what that word means. Saying something needs to be done before something happens =/= excuse its a to do or a prerequisite requirement.

Jesus christ you people need to learn what that word means. Saying something needs to be done before something happens =/= excuse its a to do or a prerequisite requirement.

Do you have like a development tree?
Like a list of stuff that needs to be done and what order you are doing it in?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
7 years.

*So if the poll is successful, will you fix FA and implement it?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
*So if the poll is successful, will you fix FA and implement it?

Not my job. I'm just not okay with intentionally releasing something broken. It needs the entire list of things (Proper respawning, Icon in server list with a filterable tag, fixing bugs and crashes, optimizing FA model loading [always loaded regardless of mode], making sure servers with mods cant interfere with future plans such as statistics, etc.) before I would personally be okay with removing the timelimit. The biggest thing is that the servers need to be noted on the server list and filterable.... which requires the UI rework since we ran out of slots which is "planned" anyway.

Do you have like a development tree?
Like a list of stuff that needs to be done and what order you are doing it in?

Somewhat, most of the trees are small enough we are able to keep track in our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.