-Changelog

exterminate_by_darkvinylscratch-dbor7bv.gif

ztt3Doa.gif

Last edited:

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
hey man, nice shot

also just incase this gets deleted or censored i got it saved bro
Well there was a thread earlier with more details, but they had to get removed because they were private conversations (and also somewhat embarassing to a few devs). The devs have said that this version of the thread is fine.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
aabc1637b4f26db58e3938f93400b74a14387d0d39353a5a4b1b20db6c875440.jpg

I care about being good at the game, and about the mechanics/Star Wars aspect. So thus I see the worst of the 'toxicity' on a daily basis. Much of the in-game community is quite toxic, tbh, and it didn't seem to always be this way. I'm not sure why it is becoming worse. Forums aren't that toxic at all, 'cept Gumba's sweaty ass.

Ah well, a good dev steps down, most unfortunate.

Man, I remember Gunslinger's Academy. I still have an old, what was it, a beta testing version on my old '98 pc? The good old days when I got 15FPS in JKA. But quite honestly, you and Silver (was it fang or wolf?) inspired me to get into development and the like, though I'm not working toward it as dedicated as I should be. I was really ecstatic when you joined the team because I know that you could have (and probably have) done some fuckin' great shit for the MB2 community from inside. After Gunslinger's Academy closed, I moved back into Lugormod and joined with the Mandos, where I've stayed for almost what, 6 years next April? I started tinkering with models here and there, and everything could be traced back to you and Ashura.

It's a sad day for MB2, and hopefully not the beacon of an end.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Wookiee is only OP in 2 circumstances, and both revolve around melee/fury.
1) Fury is absolutely mind-bogglingly broken against people who can't reach high places. Melee Wook is also simply too good against most classes, especially when the Wook has the opportunity to corner peek against solds/coms.
2) Melee Wook vs Sith is basically a total stalemate in favor of the Wookiee, who can kite the Sith forever and generally be obnoxious.

SBD is OP because:
1) Insane tankiness
2) Flinch+Slap, which is a retarded combo against Jedi this patch, due to the fact that the Jedi HAS to crouch or get insta-slapped (which is death), and if he crouches he becomes an easier target to flinch/drain FP. Couple that with issue 1, the fact that Cortosis makes SBD nigh invincible against Jedi, and you end up with a real problem.
3) Really good weapon for how god damned hard to kill it is.

Clone is OP because:
1) Flinch with really fast firing weapon
2) Blobs have no counter play

Jedi/Sith are OP because:
1) Legit wallhacks
2) Push button

And anything with a sniper rifle is OP because:
1) Sniper rifle.

So there, I cleared it up for you a bit Eezbro. So now you don't have to deal with people like Gumba trying to discredit your entire massive post with 1 remark about your sentence on balance. Oh forgive me, I called Gumba a 'people' when he obviously identifies as... something else.

7b9ef039def319ac87f81d2384a0e905.gif

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Yes lets start intensive arguments about class balance on this thread

forums community are quite fine i dont see much "toxicity" take as you want it to be, but in game community is a different matter.
gameplay wise this game needs lots of improvement, fixing, new additions/modes but other than that i can say this is a very unique, fun and interesting mode/game considering its age, its a gem.

take care of yourself @eezstreet

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think I should clarify something, because this wasn't clear.
kQgepHe.png

OhfU5DN.png
I left because it's apparent that there's no helping you guys. I've tried to get through to you and it seems completely impossible. If people were considering actually kicking me off the team for making a disgraceful comment of yours public, it's news to me, although hardly surprising. The devs would much rather hide flubups (like silly posts) instead of addressing the root of the dysfunction, and I think that's where our differences lie.

Those posts from CatLady... it made me cringe so much reading that (I mean, is MB forum the new SJW online base?), but in the end I am not really surprised by it, considering his reasoning and behaviour, lol.

Good luck with any future works and projects Eez. While I did not catch your presence on these forums too much, it seems you had your hands full of JKA. Controlling stuff from behind the scenes... like a (JKA version of) shadow king :)
Hf and gl.

Never liked you eezstreet mostly because of the name and the fact I felt you were trying to plug in your own mod and siphon off players and devs for your own projects:)

But, you made some points I agree with and I have to bow to the fact you did code and work for the game itself, JA. That makes Cool in my book. Still a bastard though, but hey, its the Dichotomy of life right?

I'm not surprised by any of this. I roll my eyes at all these people I dont know...who are probably new and have some baby fat still left on them:)

Wish you well and hope, maybe, in some near future, all of us bastards, fiends and whores, who love aspects of this mod and the themes involved, will find ourselves together once again. Who knows, maybe itll be in the next movie....if they release one damn viable SW game for pc within the next 5 years.

Peace.

Ok, no. I felt like a hippie saying that.

WAR!

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Never liked you eezstreet mostly because of the name and the fact I felt you were trying to plug in your own mod and siphon off players and devs for your own projects:)

But, you made some points I agree with and I have to bow to the fact you did code and work for the game itself, JA. That makes Cool in my book. Still a bastard though, but hey, its the Dichotomy of life right?

I'm not surprised by any of this. I roll my eyes at all these people I dont know...who are probably new and have some baby fat still left on them:)

Wish you well and hope, maybe, in some near future, all of us bastards, fiends and whores, who love aspects of this mod and the themes involved, will find ourselves together once again. Who knows, maybe itll be in the next movie....if they release one damn viable SW game for pc within the next 5 years.

Peace.

Ok, no. I felt like a hippie saying that.

WAR!
you actually talk like an old person on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.