•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Requesting Aid

Hello everyone, took me awhile to figure out how to post but I'm doing it now.
I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of modding... I managed to install the installer and bring up the mods main menu (looks very awesome btw) and I followed the setup tutorial but then when I try to join a game/server for some reason it just closes and I'm not sure what to do... the farthest I've reached is the join team screen which only shows for maybe an instant then closes... not sure what to do.. if anyone replies to this attempt to explain it in a very mundane, not so mod-intelligent kinda way, thank you, May the Force be with you.

Hello :)

What exactly "closes"? The game itself so you get thrown to desktop? If yes, try installing this thing Jedi Academy Patch (PC) - JKHub
If you get thrown to main menu, then maybe you have some message?
"Recursive Error After: Server Disconnected: ^7quit: ^3^1please start the game via launcher and keep it running!"
There a box with yellow writing saying that and that dll file failed to load, looking for qvm and failed to load vm file vm/ui.qvm failed...

(Very sorry I know this is probably a pain, I've never done anything like this before)

Attachments

• Snapchat-1935501613.jpg
    Snapchat-1935501613.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Umm, recursive error tends to occur when similar, um, error occurs many times in a row.
So if you get "Recursive Error After: Server Disconnected: ^7quit: ^3^1please start the game via launcher and keep it running!"" then most likely "please start the game..." occured many times during one game run.
Try restarting the launcher and playing again, I guess.

I tried closing the game and steam multiple times but when I load it up again and choose server it put me in a spectator mode where it says pick a team and in the background were maybe 3 people, the background played for maybe a split second and then froze and then I heard the notifacation sound so I had to open task manager to get to my desktop to find out what it was and it came up with the image I posted before ^^^

Isn't the launcher activated when I go into steam and press play game? I probably sound like and absolute moron right now... sorry, I don't know much for computers and stuff

How do I open the launcher, I have the game opened right now at the Movie Battles II menu and still trying but just backing me out saying about the Launcher but I have no idea how to open the launcher cause I thought thats what I had already done ugh!! *intense frustration*

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Recursive Error After: Server Disconnected: ^7quit: ^3^1please start the game via launcher and keep it running!
  1. There is no reliable solution for this problem so far.
    Different things work for different people, but basically it's just random. Very sad :(
  2. Keep MBII Launcher opened all the time you play Movie Battles.
    It's needed because of anti-cheating system built-in in Launcher.
  3. Move MBIILauncher.exe to "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  4. Use full-screen mode and native screen resolution
  5. If you have Steam version of Jedi Academy and it isn't installed in default Steam folder, move it to default Steam folder.
  6. Make sure MBII Launcher isn't blocked by a firewall.
    If you have a firewall (Kaspersky, NOD, Agnitum Outpost...), add MBIILauncher.exe to white list.
  7. Switch a game engine to another one:
    MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
    If you already use MBII Client, select jamp.
  8. Restart Movie Battles and Launcher repeatedly

Viserys

ex team lead
Isn't the launcher activated when I go into steam and press play game? I probably sound like and absolute moron right now... sorry, I don't know much for computers and stuff

No, don't think so.

You need to run the launcher separately and keep it running. The launcher is NOT related to steam. @Puppytine I don't think he's running the launcher at all.

Helix

Umm I'm not really sure how you managed to install & reinstall the mod not knowing how to run the launcher itself (?) but well, glad you fixed it.

See you ingame :)

I uninstalled all the data for Jedi Academy from my PC and then redownloaded it from steam and installed the Mod again from the websites direct link :) had a few matches so far (I'm pretty crappy due to my noobiness using a keyboard and mouse) but all the same theres tons of my favourite characters and epic skins to choose from, truly fantastic work