Raw input in MovieBattles II?

Hello everyone, my first post here.

Is there any way to have raw input in this mod? I think it's a feature in OpenJK, is it implemented in MovieBattles? I couldn't find anything about it.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
/sensibility 1

...and you have no artificial multiplying of input. (/sensibility 2.5 is multiplying by 2.5, etc.)

/sensibility 1

...and you have no artificial multiplying of input. (/sensibility 2.5 is multiplying by 2.5, etc.)

Well, I want raw input, because it skips windows sens( I use 1600 DPI on my mouse and use lower windows sens for more comfortable desktop usage and turn on raw input in games, so I don't get skipping), ignores any acceleration and lowers input lag by little( I could use that, I can feel a bit of input lag in this game).

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
ignores any acceleration and lowers input lag by little( I could use that, I can feel a bit of input lag in this game).

A lot of the "input lag" you are feeling isn't actually input lag but latency between client and server. Since it is an older engine, a lot of the movement, firing, hit detection, etc. is server side. That is why with high ping servers you can visibly see a large delay between you pressing the trigger and the shot actually firing out of your blaster. We don't have as much on the client side like newer games have that make them seem way more responsive because of that.

Might not be helpful for what you need, as I don't know much about raw input for MB as I've never had enough problem to check on it but thought you should know.

/in_mouse "1" or "2"
/in_restart

I tried these two and always got the same msg "Can't intilize direct input, reverting back to win32". It's probably because I use win 7 64 bit :/

A lot of the "input lag" you are feeling isn't actually input lag but latency between client and server. Since it is an older engine, a lot of the movement, firing, hit detection, etc. is server side. That is why with high ping servers you can visibly see a large delay between you pressing the trigger and the shot actually firing out of your blaster. We don't have as much on the client side like newer games have that make them seem way more responsive because of that.

Might not be helpful for what you need, as I don't know much about raw input for MB as I've never had enough problem to check on it but thought you should know.

By "input lag" I meant mouse movement input feeling laggy and from what I know, it's mostly dependant on mouse input implementation and FPS, for example mouse feels less delayed with 200 fps than with 60 fps in JKA, heck, whole game feels and looks a lot more laggy when you drop below 90 fps. Raw input tries to solve mouse input feeling laggy from what I remember.

And what you are mentioning is still somewhat of an input lag, because your inputs are delayed because of server, right?

It should be in MBII client.

Oh, there are alternative clients, I will check them out.~

FINAL EDIT : In_mouse 2 works in MBIIclient and it is raw input. Thanks Ent and Starushka, this thread can be closed now.

Last edited: