Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a prank, bro!
upload_2017-9-30_21-0-58.jpeg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Everyone would’ve been happy, but I doubt it was even considered. To be frank, that’s why people were getting angry and the discussion got out of control. It’s insinuating that the devs won’t listen or compromise with the community in general. It's not a good look for the dev team.

While I understand why you are saying this I can tell you it isn't true. There were more than a handful of developers that agreed with having a specific section like you are speaking of. They also voiced that same sentiment publicly and privately. Just because the team makes a decision for whatever the reasons are that is opposite of the community doesn't mean they weren't listened to or are unwilling to compromise. There is a large enough sub section of the MB2 community that wants bots, but can listen and do that? No, because we don't have the resources to even if we wanted to.

These memes cater to a certain demographic of people and, for what I’ve seen, that demographic accounts for a large portion of the population on MB2. Sometimes you have to concede to what the community wants, not what you feel is right.

Really not as large as some people on the forums keep claiming. 14,000 people have played JKA in the past two weeks via steam alone. A large portion of them playing MB2. Just because a thread gets 15-30 votes total that doesn't mean suddenly that a large chunk of MB2s population agrees with one thing or another. When I was doing the surveys for EC balance stuff (More will come in the future when I have time). I really can't make sweeping changes based off of those even though 50-100 people depending on the survey participated simply because the sample size is not high enough and I even went through the effort of contacting people who haven't played MB2 in years as well. I have to make generalizations based off of that information. Now, should the team take things the vocal portion of the community is saying into account? Absolutely. However, because the forums is such a small portion of even the MB2 community and the people active at any given time is even smaller you have to take certain things with a grain of salt.

Just because the team makes a decision for whatever the reasons are that is opposite of the community doesn't mean they weren't listened to or are unwilling to compromise. There is a large enough sub section of the MB2 community that wants bots, but can listen and do that?

No, because we don't have the resources to even if we wanted to.

1) it's a stalemate right now every thing has been put forward, yet no action. you say your not being against reasoning or a compromise yet you show even less action toward even considering and doing one, is the end result of all this simply nothing is being changed? Also you are comparing two different things, the idea is the same of answering a request of the community but you are comparing bots versus image posting.

2) What resources are needed to edit and add a small meme section to the forums? Perhaps I'm oblivious to how forums work and i may be over stepping my own thoughts. Assuming any action will ever be taken or at the very least even enlightened to a path as to where this all leads to.

giving out warning points to members and suspending them (for pushing the situation to action quicker) because no one is willing to show action aside from just keeping things the same should either formally state that nothing is going to be done and its not up for debate, or they should stop just silencing people is how i see it.

While I understand why you are saying this I can tell you it isn't true. There were more than a handful of developers that agreed with having a specific section like you are speaking of. They also voiced that same sentiment publicly and privately. Just because the team makes a decision for whatever the reasons are that is opposite of the community doesn't mean they weren't listened to or are unwilling to compromise. There is a large enough sub section of the MB2 community that wants bots, but can listen and do that? No, because we don't have the resources to even if we wanted to.

Really not as large as some people on the forums keep claiming. 14,000 people have played JKA in the past two weeks via steam alone. A large portion of them playing MB2. Just because a thread gets 15-30 votes total that doesn't mean suddenly that a large chunk of MB2s population agrees with one thing or another. When I was doing the surveys for EC balance stuff (More will come in the future when I have time). I really can't make sweeping changes based off of those even though 50-100 people depending on the survey participated simply because the sample size is not high enough and I even went through the effort of contacting people who haven't played MB2 in years as well. I have to make generalizations based off of that information. Now, should the team take things the vocal portion of the community is saying into account? Absolutely. However, because the forums is such a small portion of even the MB2 community and the people active at any given time is even smaller you have to take certain things with a grain of salt.
this dumb meme shit only applies to people who post on the forums, the total playerbase does not matter when the vast majority do not participate here genius

also what does a fuckin meme section have to do with resources it requires the absolute minimum of effort

Status
Not open for further replies.