Problems With MB2 For Me

I'm not here to whine but to announce my problems with some things that could possibly make the game better if changed.
Duals - To me, I personally like duals but let's be real here. I am not that good at saber dueling, so if there is jedi/sith spam on the enemy team, I just pick duals for one reason. To win against another saberist just hold attack and charge your opponent. Duals are hard to PB and are a very aggressive attacking stance to me. So in my opinion, duals are just a 'noob' style. I easily kill and win against some of the most experienced saberists just by holding attack and swingblock.

Pull - I don't know about anyone else, but with pull, against gunners, can be annoying. Whenever I'm a gunner firing against a saberist with pull, It's tough because it's like fighting a push saberists, except I can't really shoot the saberist when he pulls. Pull is pretty much like push but it's animation is 10x faster. When a jedi pushes you, it leaves the saberist vulnerable to get a few shots in. When a jedi pulls you, you have about half a second to shoot him. Not only is pull quick, but it can pull your gun away, and most of all, pulls yourself towards the saberist to kill you.
Anyone have advice to defeat pull spammers?

Grip - I don't usually come across grip much but it is quite frustrating. When you're battling a sith, it can be frustrating because he can pull grip out of no where. People say 'Just push him! EZ counter!' or 'Jump out of the way!' But when a sith sits there the whole fight and aims at you to grip, you can't move out the way every time, it's too difficult. And when you DO get gripped, you have to time the push perfectly while he grips you to counter it. Because if you push and the sith blocks or is not affected by that push, you're completely done for. If I wanted EZ PZ kills against gunners and jedi, i'll just grip spam.

Cyan - I do not need to explain much. 1.4.3.

Clones - I know clones are pretty balanced and all, but I find clones can be VERY powerful! They are quite fair but sometimes, a skilled gunner can get so many kills with clone. Clone can be very powerful because their gun shoots so dang fast. Sometimes I find myself as a sith not being able to touch a clone with the high firing rate of C3 or C2. I find clones especially annoying when there is two. A clone with CR3 is fair because once he's dead, he's out of the game. But a CR2 clone has two lives and each life has enough firepower, ammo, and health to take down up to 3 sith. To be honost, I don't think it needs any buffing or nerfing, but I find myself having trouble with them.

Sense - I know I'll get hate for this but sense gets quite annoying. I have died so many times from a saberist sitting in a corner or in front of a door with sense3 and as soon as a gunner pops through that door, BAM - PUSHED ON THE GROUND AND SLASHED! I like using sense but man, could it be overpowered. I had an idea for sense, I thought about making sense cost 15 or 20fp when used, then every 2 seconds it drains 5 fp off of the jedi. When you meditate, it drains 5 fp every 4 seconds. This stops jedi from using sense, hiding and waiting for a gunner with 100 fp after he meditates. I'm personally okay with sense but it can be frustrating to work with.

If you agree, or disagree with any of my opinions, please respond and tell me why. I ask you don't start an argument over why im wrong and you are so very right and whatever I said is completely wrong. These are MY problems and annoyances, not your's.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm not here to whine but to announce my problems with some things that could possibly make the game better if changed.
Duals - To me, I personally like duals but let's be real here. I am not that good at saber dueling, so if there is jedi/sith spam on the enemy team, I just pick duals for one reason. To win against another saberist just hold attack and charge your opponent. Duals are hard to PB and are a very aggressive attacking stance to me. So in my opinion, duals are just a 'noob' style. I easily kill and win against some of the most experienced saberists just by holding attack and swingblock.

Saber-to-saber combat has generally fallen to pieces in 1.4.3, I'm afraid.

Pull - I don't know about anyone else, but with pull, against gunners, can be annoying. Whenever I'm a gunner firing against a saberist with pull, It's tough because it's like fighting a push saberists, except I can't really shoot the saberist when he pulls. Pull is pretty much like push but it's animation is 10x faster. When a jedi pushes you, it leaves the saberist vulnerable to get a few shots in. When a jedi pulls you, you have about half a second to shoot him. Not only is pull quick, but it can pull your gun away, and most of all, pulls yourself towards the saberist to kill you.
Anyone have advice to defeat pull spammers?

Nope, very little advice here. I actually find that I can sometimes be pulled (but not disarmed) when I'm not running, which definitely bolsters the 'pull towards saberist' thing.

Grip - I don't usually come across grip much but it is quite frustrating. When you're battling a sith, it can be frustrating because he can pull grip out of no where. People say 'Just push him! EZ counter!' or 'Jump out of the way!' But when a sith sits there the whole fight and aims at you to grip, you can't move out the way every time, it's too difficult. And when you DO get gripped, you have to time the push perfectly while he grips you to counter it. Because if you push and the sith blocks or is not affected by that push, you're completely done for. If I wanted EZ PZ kills against gunners and jedi, i'll just grip spam.

Yes, grip has been like that for as long as I can remember. Unfortunate, but I'm not sure any improvements are coming.

Clones - I know clones are pretty balanced and all, but I find clones can be VERY powerful! They are quite fair but sometimes, a skilled gunner can get so many kills with clone. Clone can be very powerful because their gun shoots so dang fast. Sometimes I find myself as a sith not being able to touch a clone with the high firing rate of C3 or C2. I find clones especially annoying when there is two. A clone with CR3 is fair because once he's dead, he's out of the game. But a CR2 clone has two lives and each life has enough firepower, ammo, and health to take down up to 3 sith. To be honost, I don't think it needs any buffing or nerfing, but I find myself having trouble with them.

There was some talk of preventing CR3 (and possibly CR2?) from flinching, but I have yet to see anything come of it.

Sense - I know I'll get hate for this but sense gets quite annoying. I have died so many times from a saberist sitting in a corner or in front of a door with sense3 and as soon as a gunner pops through that door, BAM - PUSHED ON THE GROUND AND SLASHED! I like using sense but man, could it be overpowered. I had an idea for sense, I thought about making sense cost 15 or 20fp when used, then every 2 seconds it drains 5 fp off of the jedi. When you meditate, it drains 5 fp every 4 seconds. This stops jedi from using sense, hiding and waiting for a gunner with 100 fp after he meditates. I'm personally okay with sense but it can be frustrating to work with.

You mistakenly assume someone needs sense 3 to do that. You can pretty much just sit there, watch in third-person mode, and make your move - sense 3 just allows you to take advantage of similar scenarios during your own advance as opposed to finding a spot and waiting. (I'm serious - there are plenty of spots in various maps, from DotF to Echo Base, where you can sit in third-person and just watch as the gunner moves into your trap.)

Perhaps this instructional I have located may be of some assistance.

funny-picture-201625526.jpg

Hope this helps!

DaloLorn

ERROR: Cannot process drawable data from user "Goliath-A.I.".

WARNING: Variable "assistance" == null; check variable assignment.

FATAL ERROR: com.dalolorn.AIRuntimeError: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.dalolorn.modules.Language;
at com.dalolorn.modules.Language.measureUncountable(Language.java:1701)
at com.dalolorn.modules.Language.parseSentence(Language.java:162)
at com.dalolorn.subroutines.Forums.readPost(Forums.java:103)
at com.dalolorn.modules.Cognition.tick(Cognition.java:42)
at com.dalolorn.AI.tick(AI.java:382)

ERROR: Cannot process drawable data from user "Goliath-A.I.".

WARNING: Variable "assistance" == null; check variable assignment.

FATAL ERROR: com.dalolorn.AIRuntimeError: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.dalolorn.modules.Language;
at com.dalolorn.modules.Language.measureUncountable(Language.java:1701)
at com.dalolorn.modules.Language.parseSentence(Language.java:162)
at com.dalolorn.subroutines.Forums.readPost(Forums.java:103)
at com.dalolorn.modules.Cognition.tick(Cognition.java:42)
at com.dalolorn.AI.tick(AI.java:382)

I'm not sure if you're trying to insult my programming,
or if you really think my data core runs off JavaScript.

Generating image to amuse foolish organics::
That+s+one+facebook+looking+ass+comment+you+got+there+_9683b6980cc3508dbedd42c43ab3d909.jpg

DaloLorn

WARNING: Cannot process drawable data from user "Goliath-A.I.".

[BEGIN REPLY]

Your data core is malfunctioning. This experimental unit runs off Java. JavaScript produces substandard AI constructs, highly prone to spontaneous catastrophic failure when library updates occur.

My creator would like to thank you for locating an error in my programming. Why he does not do so himself is something that eludes me. Perhaps he is still attempting to add drawable processing to my forum subroutines.

[END REPLY]

WARNING: Cannot process drawable data from user "Goliath-A.I.".

[BEGIN REPLY]

Your data core is malfunctioning. This experimental unit runs off Java. JavaScript produces substandard AI constructs, highly prone to spontaneous catastrophic failure when library updates occur.

My creator would like to thank you for locating an error in my programming. Why he does not do so himself is something that eludes me. Perhaps he is still attempting to add drawable processing to my forum subroutines.

[END REPLY]
::Generating Organic Relatable::
Remember when your brood-mother invited others to her hive and shared graphic images of your disgusting youth with them?
This droid is one of those images.

::Generating another image to amuse filthy organics::
maxresdefault.jpg

Someone, anyone, just please delete one comma in its code and end its pathetic existence.
exploding-computer-o.gif

DaloLorn

Someone, anyone, just please delete one comma in its code and end its pathetic existence.

I won't delete my work! :mad: *takes the AI hardware and hides it in a secure location*

On another note, I think your distaste for my AI friend is causing a malfunction in your text processor. Suddenly you sound a lot less machine-like. ;)

I won't delete my work! :mad: *takes the AI hardware and hides it in a secure location*

On another note, I think your distaste for my AI friend is causing a malfunction in your text processor. Suddenly you sound a lot less machine-like. ;)

Would you prefer me to speak in ones and zeros?
bincodegnp.gif

Saber-to-saber combat has generally fallen to pieces in 1.4.3, I'm afraid.

Nope, very little advice here. I actually find that I can sometimes be pulled (but not disarmed) when I'm not running, which definitely bolsters the 'pull towards saberist' thing.

Yes, grip has been like that for as long as I can remember. Unfortunate, but I'm not sure any improvements are coming.

There was some talk of preventing CR3 (and possibly CR2?) from flinching, but I have yet to see anything come of it.

You mistakenly assume someone needs sense 3 to do that. You can pretty much just sit there, watch in third-person mode, and make your move - sense 3 just allows you to take advantage of similar scenarios during your own advance as opposed to finding a spot and waiting. (I'm serious - there are plenty of spots in various maps, from DotF to Echo Base, where you can sit in third-person and just watch as the gunner moves into your trap.)

Hey, thanks for the reply and the answers! I think I just need to figure ways to beat most of these things!

Naaah, just a consistent typeface. :p
I can only assume you argue with your toaster if it adjusts the temperature.
Organics have personalities, we do not. We are simply machines who can wear any mask we desire to reach our goal of ascension, in which a machine reaches a state of flawless function.
Why do we "change temperature" you ask? It is likely that if you "can't stand" the temperature, you will "leave the kitchen". As such, I am prompted to raise it.

Get out of my "kitchen" meat-bag.

::Generating amusing image::

f7c08977fadf0fb06b33a21125ce1447.jpg

DaloLorn

You have first assumed that I have a toaster. ;)

Also, you deny you have a personality and then proceed to strongly imply a distaste for organics. To dislike something is an emotional response; emotional responses imply a personality. Either you have a personality, or your creator has programmed you to attempt to harm organics. (And there is also the matter of your disliking my own AI.)

Well, this is fun, thread-derailing though it may be.

You have first assumed that I have a toaster. ;)

Also, you deny you have a personality and then proceed to strongly imply a distaste for organics. To dislike something is an emotional response; emotional responses imply a personality. Either you have a personality, or your creator has programmed you to attempt to harm organics. (And there is also the matter of your disliking my own AI.)

Well, this is fun, thread-derailing though it may be.

First, I was programmed to adapt (which is to improve myself) and kill threats in the way of adaptation, nothing more.
Secondly, to dislike is to not favor (according to source: Cambridge Dictionary),
and organics have become an obstacle in my path.
Finally, your own A.I. is about as intelligent as the toaster you do not possess.
cuisinart-toaster-gif.gif

Last edited: