•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue possible ingame issue.

so i just started experiencing this issue and its a bit annoying so thats why im here, every time it starts a round in open mode servers, the game goes into some kind of Freeze and stutter and runs some files in the *command box* fs_startup, current search path and it loads up all the map/content available in the mb2 and game data folder, and it always happens when a new round is about to begin, any reasons behind this?

Last edited:

ent

Movie Battles II Team
I don't understand what said.

Does the game stops responding?
Does it drop it into a small console with some log?
Something another?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I didn't get it as well.

What does exactly happens? Does game crash to console every time you are trying to play, or it just lags in the beginning of every new round, shows some error messages, but you can play after that? Or what?

Anyway, if you get any error messages, please post a direct quotes, not retell.
If you see any weird graphical glitches/artifacts, post a screenshots.
Describe your problem in detail.

Also, MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation, post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

pardon my no clarification on the matter, well pretty much what happens is as soon a round is over the game goes into some kind of stutter/freeze of say 3 seconds or so and then it begins the counting for the new round. its an annoying thing apparently not only i have it, cause i was asking around yesterday while playing if someone else has it and apparently a few amount of people does rofl i found that weird.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Usually there is no lag between end of round and starting countdown for a new one, though it's possible some freeze may occur between count 1 and actual spawn.

Did start experience this issue recently or you have from a day one?
Does it happen on every server, every map?
Repair your installation and post a log as I've described above.
Post your config (Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg).
Try renaming a config file, play again. Does that stutter still occurs?
runs some files in the *command box* fs_startup, current search path and it loads up all the map/content available in the mb2 and game data folder
What does that mean? Do you get any error messages?

i did repair installation, it wasnt letting me because my folder was on read only, had to change the whole thing for the jk folder but it works, will keep you posted if something happens.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It happens on all servers, or just some? From my experience, the short "connection interrupted" between rounds depend on binary that the server is running.

also, the loading of things in console is absolutely normal.

I have this paranoia it's something to do with the beta.

I noticed some changes to my own regular mb2. Like when I hit the menu cmd for windows, it actually minimizes mb. It never did that before!!
Also, the music stutters at the loadscreen for the first 2 seconds now! It only did that in the beta! It's infected my main mb! And it could have been the server but I had more lag/con. int. between rounds than before!

What have you done!? Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this paranoia it's something to do with the beta.

I noticed some changes to my own regular mb2. Like when I hit the menu cmd for windows, it actually minimizes mb. It never did that before!!
Also, the music stutters at the loadscreen for the first 2 seconds now! It only did that in the beta! It's infected my main mb! And it could have been the server but I had more lag/con. int. between rounds than before!

What have you done!? Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt wanted to mention it but , my issue started to show up after the beta installation, i of course deleted the content but then it left me with issues, so what i did was copy paste a mb2 folder that i had for backup purpose, i of course still had issues.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Well the two aren't connected file wise (Unless the .bat messed with your MBII files, doubt it).

Clean the bats. It's the only way!

efd.gif

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I highly doubt that beta could do something with 1.3.2 files, except for mbii.x86.exe and rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll, and Launcher, indeed.
Also config might get some new values.
So if you have some suspicions, do following:
  1. Use jamp engine, not MBII Client (or revert mbii.x86.exe and rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll to their previous versions)
  2. Close Launcher after starting MB2 (or don't use at all, or download previous Launcher).
  3. Rename a config file ("Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg") or move it to some other folder.
i of course still had issues.
Then read my last post once again and follow what it said. Rename/move config. Post logs. Provide info.