•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Possible corrupted launcher?

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Hello, I have been away for a month from Mb2 and I am excited to come back to play the new patch, but there is a problem. I opened the launcher like I did everyday and expected an update to 1.4.5 but did not get it, what I got instead was a launcher that had nothing written on the news section, so I just clicked play and it opened normally with the previous peneke pack version and only 3 servers came up but nothing updated and something definitely seemed wrong. I am having no internet issues so I proceeded to repair the launcher and it did not work, nothing happened. I then uninstalled mb2 from the launcher, then I uninstalled JKA from steam, afterwards I went into steamapps/common/ and deleted jedi academy. Once all this was done I downloaded JKA again from steam, donwloaded the mb2 launcher and it still opened like last time, I clicked install and nothing happened. I do not know what to do right now, it would be of great help if any of you have encountered this problem before and can help me fix it. Thanks.

k4far

Banned
Donator
- Game been updated to 1.4.5,
- Penekepack has been updated to 1.7 (remove old one and get the newest.)

After reading a half of your message I started to think it is connection related you get a blank news page on the launcher in cases when you have no connection to the internet but, that does not seem to be the case this time.

I recommend you get everything fresh Jedi Academy and Movie Battles 2. Remember to run the launcher with administrator priviliege and also, if you are using Wi-Fi switch to cable or vice versa.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Get in to launcher go to options and screenshot it is contents (let us just make sure the path for the files is correct.) I remember reading of someone with similiar issue... what fixed the problem for that person I recall it was installing the game on a different hard drive - that did the trick but, it was before last update so these two cases are not necessarily related.

k4far

Banned
Donator
"The error is self explanatory. The path you are trying to access is not present."

How to approach:
1. Go to your GameData folder by using windows explorer above folder contents you will find exact path to the folder so copy it and paste in to the launcher it should be a correct path then.

2. If the earlier did not fix the issue, install the game somewhere else - different hard drive.

Last edited:

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Please copy-paste entire error text here (the one has all those "System.IO..." lines).

Make sure parental control is off.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‫‎‍‭‪‏‌‍‬‬‪‮‫‎‌‏‬‮‌‍‬‏‪‪‭‮‮()
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‭‌‎‮‍‍‮‌‮‫‭‎‌‎‭‮‪‍‮‭‮(Object , RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs )

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8784 (WinRel.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MBIILauncher
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/MBIILauncher%20(3).exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8793 (WinRelRS2.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8795 built by: WinRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Management
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8794 (WinRelRS2.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

"The error is self explanatory. The path you are trying to access is not present."

How to approach:
1. Go to your GameData folder by using windows explorer above folder contents you will find exact path to the folder so copy it and paste in to the launcher it should be a correct path then.

2. If the earlier did not fix the issue, install the game somewhere else - different hard drive.
I've installed the game in my 2 hard drives and placed the path correctly, I've done it before and now it just seems like the launcher just sees it as a wrong path. I did what you said, it still ain't working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Gyazo - c03966a8d8a8fe29ca96b5d647c21cc6.png
It's already there and I tried to repair, I get the same error.
Can't you see that the path is different on this screenshot?!
It's not "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData", it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData".

Now,
  1. Move MBIILauncher.exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData"
  2. MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path => set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData"
  3. Restart Launcher, repair again

Please be more careful.

Last edited:

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Can't you see that path is different on this screenshot?!
It's not "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData", it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData".

Now, MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path => set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData".
Restart Launcher, repair again.

Please be more careful.
Gyazo - 672872f7a66dcffae56deff4270dfa3d.png The path is correct.
I clicked repair and its said this Gyazo - d9851659746e60e44861f06d30cf1236.png
Then in my MBII folder this repair folder comes up Gyazo - 60e51e0c4df4f7eb882b4547b9e23623.png
With this inside Gyazo - ed261a6b6b9782832fb8b13ca2b565cd.png

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yes, this is how is supposed to be.
Click "Yes" and wait till repair is completed.
If you'll got any errors, post full text to this thread.
if no error will come up, click "Play".

Also, forget about "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData".
You'd better delete folder "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy".

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
But it is not repairing, it stays like this: Gyazo - c99e3592af84332bade2bc48f3423138.png
Is it still repairing?

A problem that didn't happen before is that I click install and it does not install anything, it just goes directly to play, and if I click uninstall it closes the launcher and opens it again. Then I can repeat the process and nothing happens, If I click play it opens up JAMP but not mb2, normal jka.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Is it still repairing?
No

Move MBIILauncher.exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData".

Delete these folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Movie_Battles_Team
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy

Execute file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe", click "Install".