•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Possible corrupted launcher?

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Hello, I have been away for a month from Mb2 and I am excited to come back to play the new patch, but there is a problem. I opened the launcher like I did everyday and expected an update to 1.4.5 but did not get it, what I got instead was a launcher that had nothing written on the news section, so I just clicked play and it opened normally with the previous peneke pack version and only 3 servers came up but nothing updated and something definitely seemed wrong. I am having no internet issues so I proceeded to repair the launcher and it did not work, nothing happened. I then uninstalled mb2 from the launcher, then I uninstalled JKA from steam, afterwards I went into steamapps/common/ and deleted jedi academy. Once all this was done I downloaded JKA again from steam, donwloaded the mb2 launcher and it still opened like last time, I clicked install and nothing happened. I do not know what to do right now, it would be of great help if any of you have encountered this problem before and can help me fix it. Thanks.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This one does not come up to me. After I go into Users, Local setting option doesn't show.

The other 2 you mentioned I already deleted.
There should be a folder named same as your Windows account, and inside it there should be "Local Settings".
Anyway, post a screenshot of content of folder that bugs you.

Also,
https://support.microsoft.com/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
How to show hidden files in Windows 7
How to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8, or 10

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
There should be a folder named same as your Windows account, and inside it there should be "Local Settings".
Anyway, post a screenshot of content of folder that bugs you.

Also,
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files
How to show hidden files in Windows 7
How to Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8, or 10
Gyazo - 8cc95d989ce4896a2cb029055c2a249b.png This is what is inside my folder where local settings should be.

- - - Updated - - -

I deleted the moviebattles team folder you asked me to delete, launcher still doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I deleted the moviebattles team folder you asked me to delete, launcher still doesn't work.
How exactly it "doesn't work"?
It supposed to display a message that Movie Battles isn't installed.
Make sure that you start a file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe", not any other.

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Make sure that you start a file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe", not any other.
Yes it is.

It supposed to display a message that Movie Battles isn't installed.
That has been my whole problem this time, the launcher simply doesn't install anything when I click install. It does not download anything, it just goes directly to play and the path is the correct one. There has been nothing changed in the folders. The last time I played I moved nothing throughout my folders and I return to my home yesterday and opened the launcher like I always did and this happened. I have no idea what happened (No one else has access to my computer).

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yes it is.

That has been my whole problem this time, the launcher simply doesn't install anything when I click install. It does not download anything, it just goes directly to play and the path is the correct one. There has been nothing changed in the folders. The last time I played I moved nothing throughout my folders and I return to my home yesterday and opened the launcher like I always did and this happened. I have no idea what happened (No one else has access to my computer).
Perform repair then
Describe what happens

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
After I perform repair, this comes up, Gyazo - 6ac4ab4503efea644b6c509d6983de7f.png

When I click yes nothing happens, the launcher stays the same. I can repeat the process and nothing will happen.
That's weird AF.

What's set in "MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path"?

Is something showed in "News" section of Launcher now? Or it's still empty?
If it's empty, then you probably have parental control on or a firewall.
Shut down parental control and firewall.

Edit:
Yep, I just check it.
This is exactly what's happening when there is no Internet for the Launcher.
Something is blocking your Launcher from access an Internet. Search & destroy it.

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
That's weird AF.

What's set in "MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path"?

Is something showed in "News" section of Launcher now? Or it's still empty?
If it's empty, then you probably have parental control on or a firewall.
Shut down parental control and firewall.

Edit:
Yep, I just check it.
This is exactly what's happening when there is no Internet for the Launcher.
Something is blocking your Launcher from access an Internet. Search & destroy it.
Yes exactly that is probably the problem, but I checked my windows firewall and I gave access to JKA and I can't find the moviebattles launcher being blocked, any tips on how I can grant it internet?
Yep, I just check it

Maybe the same way you checked it

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yes exactly that is probably the problem, but I checked my windows firewall and I gave access to JKA and I can't find the moviebattles launcher being blocked, any tips on how I can grant it internet?
Some software that is called "anti-virus" is also does have built-in firewall.
Check a list of installed programs, look for anti-virus and similar.
Maybe the same way you checked it
I didn't disable Internet for the Launcher itself, indeed.
I just opened web-interface of my USB modem in browser, turned off Internet connection and saw what happened to MBII Launcher.

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin

I just opened web-interface of my USB modem in browser, turned off Internet connection and saw what happened to MBII Launcher.
I have no idea how it is working now, I just got rid of an extra anti-virus so maybe that fixed it, thank you for your patience and help.

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin

It happened again, today I played for a bit and went to the movies, came back and now the launcher is again doing the thing where the news don't come up. Help :(

I can start up mb2, I did once but they I closed it, turned off my computer and tried again and did now work. Then I clicked repair installation and nothing happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It happened again, today I played for a bit and went to the movies, came back and now the launcher is again doing the thing where the news don't come up. Help :(

I can start up mb2, I did once but they I closed it, turned off my computer and tried again and did now work. Then I clicked repair installation and nothing happened.
Well you don't have to perform repair each time you start the Launcher.
Your installation is supposed to fine already. What's happening when you click "Play"?

Anyway, my only suggestions are those you've quoted:
Something blocks Launcher from accessing Internet.
Search for firewalls and anti-viruses.
Disable parental control.