People don't play to win

In MB2 people aren't as focused on winning as in some other games, say Counter Strike 1.6. Here they play more "loosely", which means some people are camping the spawn or some remote location and timewasting, either on purpose or not on purpose, some are spamming taunts around or kicking/punching/melee-kataing teammates, others are having some "cool duelz" in the Gen always running away trying to perform some cool moves, taunting and standing looking at each other all while not being aware that there is anyone or anything else but them on the map, while other are focused on their little part of the battle completely ignoring the team and ignoring winning the game while caring only for their scores, while some are so frag hungry that they shoot/slash enemies even though they know it would hurt their teammates or has a chance to hurt them, or they hurt teammates on purpose, while others choose to go melee duel with the enemy or side with the enemy in killing teammates, or for merely having fun not attacking the enemies and jumping around with them and timewasting, while some are roleplaying in the main sense of that word. People are actually playing more for their scores or for some weird fun than for actually winning the game. Rarely is there any prominent teamplay, and the objectives are secondary, even those that are primary. There are usually one or two people doing the objectives and caring for them while everyone else donesn't even know when the round ends, because they were not paying attention to the objective and those one or two people sneaked behind their lines and completed it. The round limit is very long too which further promotes any camping/fooling around. The most of JKA is, in fact, like this too. This is something that isn't easy to mend, although I know the developers did everything to stop roleplaying and other things which don't have anything to do with MB2's intended gameplay.

I don't think any really good players in mb2 think they have limited impact on a round.

When I play I always analyze the enemy team's threat players and play around disabling them. Kill their stars and the team crumbles shortly after most times. Seriously the difference between knowledgeable and unknowledgeable players in mb2 is -massive-

At least in open unstructured play.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I don't think any really good players in mb2 think they have limited impact on a round.

When I play I always analyze the enemy team's threat players and play around disabling them. Kill their stars and the team crumbles shortly after most times. Seriously the difference between knowledgeable and unknowledgeable players in mb2 is -massive-

At least in open unstructured play.

That is precisely why good players have a limited impact on a round. I join an open mode game as a Jedi, and do you know what the enemy team immediately does? 'Oh shit, its Dooku, let's go BH' and then I receive 4 poison darts, and I die.

And at high level, individual skill is beyond meaningless. No amount of skill in dueling, or knowledge of cover/tactics, or aim will save you from en-masse defense/coordinated offense. Even terrible players are lethal in high numbers and coordination.

MB2's combination of dumb rock-paper-scissors gimmicks/cheese as well as the weird idea that team-play should be forced by mechanics, makes good players almost worthless in most cases in open mode.

It is more beneficial to have 5 average Clones than 1 god tier Commander.

You don't play gunners much do ya? A good gunner has more impact than a good saberist.

However a supportive Jedi or sith can be downright oppressive.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
That is precisely why good players have a limited impact on a round. I join an open mode game as a Jedi, and do you know what the enemy team immediately does? 'Oh shit, its Dooku, let's go BH' and then I receive 4 poison darts, and I die.

Sounds like they decided you're one of the Rebel team's stars. :p

More seriously, Lance is right - during the usual day-to-day operation of various servers (at least on this side of the Atlantic), it is often the case that one or two players I'm fighting against is leagues ahead of the rest of his team (and, often, leagues ahead of most of ours), and when he dies, the whole team almost inevitably dies with him. Usually it's people like Jaden, Gumba or Nex that wind up being the lynchpin like that; highly-trained gunners that swat down saberists and gunners alike unless promptly eliminated. Jedi can be nasty, though most of the time I'd rather fight a Jedi than a Sith.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Which again illustrates one of my points about imbalancing and forced class roles. A decent T-21 Commander placed in an ideal position can do enormous damage, compared to other classes/weapons in the same position.

So what? Adapt to it.

That's what separates the sharks from the chaff.

If you're getting consistently scrubbed by the same tactic/ability/whatever its either overpowered or you're underpowered. In skill, knowledge, adaptability.
If you're doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result, you're the definition of a headcase.

Got to agree with Stunna and @DaloLorn
But its not just a knowledge gap.
Most players just lack balls.
So often I see people running away...while I'm running toward where the heavy action is.

And at high level, individual skill is beyond meaningless. No amount of skill in dueling, or knowledge of cover/tactics, or aim will save you from en-masse defense/coordinated offense. Even terrible players are lethal in high numbers and coordination.

Superior Teamwork should trump individual skill and solo play. Tough cookiees.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Which again illustrates one of my points about imbalancing and forced class roles. A decent T-21 Commander placed in an ideal position can do enormous damage, compared to other classes/weapons in the same position.

Actually, Jaden and Gumba prefer BH/Hero with the occasional Mando. Nex is mostly Mando/clone with an occasional droideka. Commanders are more Seras' forte - commanders and troopers. (In hindsight, I can't believe I didn't mention him in my previous post...)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Actually, Jaden and Gumba prefer BH/Hero with the occasional Mando. Nex is mostly Mando/clone with an occasional droideka. Commanders are more Seras' forte - commanders and troopers. (In hindsight, I can't believe I didn't mention him in my previous post...)

Yes, BH/Hero is incredibly strong against mediocre/bad/disorganized players in open mode, simply because projectile rifle... movement speed... and poison.