People don't play to win

In MB2 people aren't as focused on winning as in some other games, say Counter Strike 1.6. Here they play more "loosely", which means some people are camping the spawn or some remote location and timewasting, either on purpose or not on purpose, some are spamming taunts around or kicking/punching/melee-kataing teammates, others are having some "cool duelz" in the Gen always running away trying to perform some cool moves, taunting and standing looking at each other all while not being aware that there is anyone or anything else but them on the map, while other are focused on their little part of the battle completely ignoring the team and ignoring winning the game while caring only for their scores, while some are so frag hungry that they shoot/slash enemies even though they know it would hurt their teammates or has a chance to hurt them, or they hurt teammates on purpose, while others choose to go melee duel with the enemy or side with the enemy in killing teammates, or for merely having fun not attacking the enemies and jumping around with them and timewasting, while some are roleplaying in the main sense of that word. People are actually playing more for their scores or for some weird fun than for actually winning the game. Rarely is there any prominent teamplay, and the objectives are secondary, even those that are primary. There are usually one or two people doing the objectives and caring for them while everyone else donesn't even know when the round ends, because they were not paying attention to the objective and those one or two people sneaked behind their lines and completed it. The round limit is very long too which further promotes any camping/fooling around. The most of JKA is, in fact, like this too. This is something that isn't easy to mend, although I know the developers did everything to stop roleplaying and other things which don't have anything to do with MB2's intended gameplay.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Matter of mood in most of the cases. MB is not Battlefront so you do not really unlock anything by killing or following the objectives. I feel like doing what I want to do at the time and that is what keeps me here. If we were unable to have stuff like everyone else by not following the objectives every match would be predictable and this game would be about grinding which I hate if it done the bad way.

Given the situations:

• Some blessed people are camping the generator, meantime attackers will die along with defenders in some explosion. Thanks to those people not paying any attention to the objec5ive staying alive in that remote place attackers have won this time. I do not mind if attacking team will lose due to lower forces. Sightseeing of generator will have an unexpected twist... that is if there is enough time. Either way, amusing.
  • Rebels will all go side on Dotf - if Imperials fail to take the adventage of that by rushing Hangar and then after them they will lose...
  • A lot of situations... team with number adventage gets picked one by one by single duelist - also very entertaining to watch. Who would have though the padawan is the most experienced amongst us^

People on your team are very important for the outcome. In MB we have real freedom other games will not offer on their simplified maps and lack of choice. There are bad days so if you know your fate is sealed, team mates are not cooperating instead they are TK'ing each other you can try yourself for them and at least die in some funny way crushing some people with elevator by a chance, pushing them off platforms. You can still have a lot of fun regardless of the final score. I am not paying too much attention to my results as long as I get to laugh.
And as we are at laughing taunts & voice commands this game would not be itself without them. They allow you to underline some situations, communicate other games have similiar things but noone will bother to use them they are all about killing... they will try to communicate but at the point where one will be accusing the other one of playing cheap or having familiar terms with other one's mother. It happens in MB too, but we do not have needless drama as most of the games, not as much we are a smaller community after all.

There are better and worse days suck it up and deal with it.
Find fun in it.

Last edited:
Matter of mood in most of the cases. MB is not Battlefront so you do not really unlock anything by killing or following the objectives. I feel like doing what I want to do at the time and that is what keeps me here. If we were unable to have stuff like everyone else by not following the objectives every match would be predictable and this game would be about grinding which I hate if it done the bad way.

Given the situations:

• Some blessed people are camping the generator, meantime attackers will die along with defenders in some explosion. Thanks to those people not paying any attention to the objec5ive staying alive in that remote place attackers have won this time. I do not mind if attacking team will lose due to lower forces. Sightseeing of generator will have an unexpected twist... that is if there is enough time. Either way, amusing.
  • Rebels will all go side on Dotf - if Imperials fail to take the adventage of that by rushing Hangar and then after them they will lose...
  • A lot of situations... team with number adventage gets picked one by one by single duelist - also very entertaining to watch. Who would have though the padawan is the most experienced amongst us^

People on your team are very important for the outcome. In MB we have real freedom other games will not offer on their simplified maps and lack of choice. There are bad days so if you know your fate is sealed, team mates are not cooperating instead they are TK'ing each other you can try yourself for them and at least die in some funny way crushing some people with elevator by a chance, pushing them off platforms. You can still have a lot of fun regardless of the final score. I am not paying too much attention to my results as long as I get to laugh.
And as we are at laughing taunts & voice commands this game would not be itself without them. They allow you to underline some situations, communicate other games have similiar things but noone will bother to use them they are all about killing... they will try to communicate but at the point where one will be accusing the other one of playing cheap or having familiar therms with other one's mother. It happens in MB too, but we do not have needless drama as most of the games, not as much we are a smaller community after all.

There are better and worse days suck it up and deal with it.
I personally find more fun if everyone is working together towards a goal than running around like that. Working together towards a goal doesn't exclude situations like funny kills etc, it actually increases their occurence if everyone is focused on fighting and teamplay. The most problematic is when there are not many people on a server, then the gameplay becomes really boring and with this fooling around it becomes even more boring. When the server is full all parts of the map are populated and there is action everywhere. People then have more will to take part in teamplay and the chaos of the full-server battles.

k4far

Banned
Donator
You can get pissed after failing to do what you wanted to do then get serious and actually follow the objective for a change. That is if you care enough which is rare for me... depends on a map and the mood.

I am not giving my all unless I can win something I will benefit from in long term and as long MB is MB... what we have now totally fine too.

I think the lack of motivation is the cause of what you are talking talking about. You can hardly get me to do something with giving me some trashy points for doing it haha.

I think the lack of motivation is the cause of what you are talking talking about. You can hardly get me to do something with giving me some trashy points for doing it haha.
I think I have an idea. Maybe we could have a currency with which you can buy some minor benefits. That currency would function like money in Counter Strike, except it won't be so benefiting. You would earn it for dealing damage/killing people/completing the objectives/winning a round. For example, you could buy more ammo with that currency, some minor buff, some minor pieces of equipment or something. Don't know if this would be viable to make with JKA engine and how hard it would be to implement, though, or how it would fit into the current system and gameplay.

Player Side Tracker for various JA Modifications (liven up and improve flow of every game.) - Mod Requests & Suggestions - JKHub

We could go after unlocking things that give no real advntage and are purely cosmetic: voice commands, ability to change binds and their amount, keyboard alt symbols, colors of text there is a lot if you think about it.
Many people won't care for them. I personally won't. Plus I don't think that's a good idea. Why have lock on things that are in the game and features of it that were unlocked before, just for the sake of having some points to spent on something which would motivate you to play? Those things are just there. Plus why would you disable free key binding? That's a very bad idea. There are like 7 colors of the text, voice commands for various situations which you need (they aren't there only for cosmetics), symbols are there just in every program and on your keyboard. Why would you lock them? And if you won't lock them, but some newly-made things, then you would have to make those things first which requires even more work. The only thing that would work would be models and skins of weapons, but then again that would just make this game just another of those games where you unlock cosmetic stuff, and I don't like that feature in games at all.

On the other hand, with these buyable things that give you an advantage that I proposed, it would add another dimension to the game. New tactics (like having binoculars buyable item), new builds, new possibilities for old builds, mending the disadvantages of your class. It would make progressing through the game much more thrilling as you combine that stuff you buy into your strategies and improve your performance. It would serve like another dimension to the skill points and in combination with them there would also be buyable item builds that would make the customisation of your character and its possibilities more immersive. This won't be something to be "unlocked" but it would be an integral part of the gameplay that would interact directly with that gameplay.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Binoculars, flares, marker beacon... how about spending unused skill points for that?
If we are left with 3 points after spending as much as we can in to our build, these 3+ points could be used to get one of the following.

Binoculars, flares, marker beacon... how about spending unused skill points for that?
If we are left with 3 points after spending as much as we can in to our build, these 3+ points could be used to get one of the following.
That would be a good idea, but then there wouldn't be that progression and motivation the currency would give.

k4far

Banned
Donator
For starters 5 voice commands. Yes/no, it is a trap, on my way, need backup. Then as we progress we would unlock the rest. You get the chance use them all in approperiate situations. Most of us is not using any, and if they are it is some emplaced guns, air support or charge... purely for lolz.

We can also lock text color and give it with progression. It is a cosmetic after all.
I would go for extra keyboard symbols too as an unlockable.

Well i dont care for useless KD in a broken score system or wasting time with weird unfunny stuff like melee.
I always going for Objective, of course you get lots of hate from some killhungry tryhards if you win the round that way, i dont care.
But i have to admit im one of the saberists wasting time on "cool duelz" since 1.4 one of the only things which are still fun, besides Objective.
The best way to change current childish behaviour is to play like its intended and hopefully new people follow your example, rules will not work and serveradmins dont care for their own rules anyway, they break them, too.
Teamplay...well as saberist im forced now to go with my team, but gunners doesnt need you, they can handle enemy saberists easy alone without your help and only need you as pushwhore for nades...not my cup of tea. *goes cool duelz* :p

Antraxo

Donator
I don't care at all if I win or lose I just play MB2 because it's 1. Star Wars, 2. JKA and 3. Fun.
I haven't meet this amount of crazy people in any other game there is always that one moment that makes me laughs or certain situations that just would never happen in any other current game.

Special thing about MB2 is the "roleplay" part since you can always run around with some stormtroopers and cause massive confussion or just blast rebel scum.

I hope all this unlocking stuff talk is trolling at highest level because it would kill this game for sure.
I'm here because I just wanna chill when I get home from work doesn't matter if I get a 0/10 score or a 10/2 score at the end of the play session.
I know there are competitive players in this community too but I don't think it's healthy taking MB2 serious after all you get mad either way.

k4far

Banned
Donator
It would kill this game.
Going stagnant is lethal.

Other games would have unlockable classes and weapons, rainbow skins.
As long as it does not affect the gameplay too much it can hardly "kill". Give more thought to it.

Antraxo

Donator
Going stagnant is lethal.

Other games would have unlockable classes and weapons, rainbow skins.
As long as it does not affect the gameplay too much it can hardly "kill". Give more thought to it.

No I wont give more thought to that. This is a simple mod for a decade old game and most of the people playing it to have fun and not to unlock the stormtrooper red badge at lvl 80 or the count dooku hilt at lvl 120.

Why not introduce lootboxes right? Or the on going meme called MB2 Premium with free DOTF_V2 dlc on top!

Edit: I have nothing against patches or class changes but stuff like that doesn't belong in this kinda game. Leave that crap to the AAA industry. MB2 is great because it's so easy to get into you just install the mod load up your game set up some settings and join a server and pick your class/loadout and if you want to get deeper into it you watch stuff on youtube or read some library.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Or... here is a thought... make it so that a single highly skilled player can kill a bunch of nubs and do the objective... without needing his slack-off team. That way, the lesser skilled players will have to *gasp* work together to beat the good player.

That way everyone gets enjoyment out of it.

No I wont give more thought to that. This is a simple mod for a decade old game and most of the people playing it to have fun and not to unlock the stormtrooper red badge at lvl 80 or the count dooku hilt at lvl 120.
This is whats wrong with modern shooters. People don't play anymore because its fun but because they get fed rewards every kill every round to keep them happy. It's very sad

k4far

Banned
Donator
I am playing because it is fun. The truth is we will die out ones that are fine with it as it is. Think of future. You can always reach a compromise. Not like my convincing you will do us much. I wanted to hear if any of us have some ideas. But looks like killing is all we want, in the old style that is. That is sad. Or maybe this is as much as we can comprehend because of never seeing anything done better. I wonder.

@Antraxo
Lootboxes, unboxings, currency - a first step towards P2W model. No one wants that stuff!
This game is like an escape from it.

So bring it on and come up with something that will pique interest of the masses. It is pretty easy to keep talking "oh we are so old... but we are doing fine." Check your sugar levels sometime. If it seems fine does not mean it is actually. Take a good look objectively from time to time.