Open Beta Wrap Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
ill sponsor some coding classes for you achilles if you promise the first thing you'll do as dev is tone down p3 headshot damage

I don't believe we have per-weapon location modifiers. So you would have to reduce overall weapon damage in this case which is not really recommended as we honed in on that value with years of tweaking. Adding per-weapon modifiers doesn't really seem that much benefit for coders time wise as it would only be used in a very special case. Not to mention removing consistency.

yeah thats why im sponsoring achilles, mace

jeez

getting 1 tapped by a p3 thats fully accurate while running with armor 3 and full hp as an et is truly heartbreaking

I only played since September, and ill be honest im shit at this game.
How is it that people who have played this for years, have problems with the musket?

Where that thing is only dangerous if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

Last edited:
How is it that people who have played this for years, have problems with the musket?

Where that thing is only dangerous if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.

with dash and swapping to a weapon after hitting/missing its no longer a risk/reward option and is mostly just a chance to either one shot or do 80 fp

at the edge of idr even as a BH without dash you can take the shot and still be outside of swing range, so its no longer the very risky strat it used to be

idk why you're bringing that up now though

with dash and swapping to a weapon after hitting/missing its no longer a risk/reward option and is mostly just a chance to either one shot or do 80 fp

at the edge of idr even as a BH without dash you can take the shot and still be outside of swing range, so its no longer the very risky strat it used to be

idk why you're bringing that up now though
I somehow mistook p3 for the musket.
P3 is pistol 3 right?
goddamnit..

Preston

Nerd

trust me, it can be very dangerous with pop sniping

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'd probably tone everything else up, and make P3 less accurate. I like the idea of a star wars game with 1-2 shot kills. However, at the current rate of fire of all the weapons, it would be retarded. I'd try to introduce more skill, and less guessing game to gunner. "Which way will my opponent strafe this time"

I think you got pretty bad idea of what working in a team is. You would code what there *is* to code, not what you would *want* to see in-game, given your subjective view on balance. Not that I actually have confidence in your coding skills, given the statement in last posts - but, feel free to apply and take on coder test ;)

As for the 1.4 - I think Open is LOT more fun than it was in 1.3.*. At the same time, dueling is totally boring, uninspired, and fishy-looking thanks to nudge. No problem for me, though - I can avoid saberists classes for rest of my life after they 10-years of being OP, so no real loss here.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
As for the 1.4 - I think Open is LOT more fun than it was in 1.3.*.

2928701-8756811886-MHv0M.jpg

I guess if you like... nudging gunners, lightning, hiding around corners, and being flinched by SBDs/Wooks/CR3.

Not to mention Jedi falling out of ceilings.

I don't see the difference, honestly. In 1.3 bad gunners died, and good gunners didn't. In 1.4 bad gunners still die, and good gunners are better? Like, in 1.3, every bad gunner plays BH/Hero/Clone/Wook anyway, and dies unless they outnumber you, and in 1.4 every bad gunner still plays those classes, infact even more so on gloan now because it is easier to flinch a Sith with CR3 than with Pistol, or E-11. As far as I'm concerned, all you did was buff braindead classes with good fire rates on their weapons.

I can avoid saberists classes for rest of my life after they 10-years of being OP, so no real loss here.

mrw-a-customer-asks-me-to-find-them-the-greenest-bananas-we-have-and-they-immediately-start-eati-one-62024.gif

K den.

Last edited:
achilles idk if this is too close to flaming and might get deleted or not, but im pretty sure people see a post by you and immediately think

"how much of this is going to be arrogant and blatantly false, and how much of that do i quote in my reply"

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I don't really care Andrew. The truth is based on my experiences in MBII, as an above average saberist, and average level gunner. Also based on the word and experiences of those better than myself.

In my experience, good gunners can kill just fine in 1.3, especially with proper teamwork. Infact I just adapted in 1.4 to spamming lightning and cyan against gunners, and actually did better than I normally would due to Nudge and the 20 percent damage reduction.

I don't really care Andrew. The truth is based on my experiences in MBII, as an above average saberist, and average level gunner. Also based on the word and experiences of those better than myself.

In my experience, good gunners can kill just fine in 1.3, especially with proper teamwork. Infact I just adapted in 1.4 to spamming lightning and cyan against gunners, and actually did better than I normally would due to Nudge and the 20 percent damage reduction.

Who are you bro? Haven't seen you in the dueling scene or are you a new guy in the past year

I thought Lou was a girl.

The fantasy is gone.

ugly_guyshead.jpeg

On another note:

Lala

Is there going to be a 2nd beta test or are you considering moving straight to release before any further tweaks?

Also, :p

Status
Not open for further replies.