Open Beta Wrap Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
vader.jpg

It was good while it lasted, definitely much better than 1.3.2.1 (wow that is a mouthful), good work, good work indeed

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Is it worth it to keep the beta files?
Somethings might be the same in the full release, so you could save a bit of bandwidth if you copied them over before the launcher did, but... you'd really have to be waiting for it. I'd say no.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Is there going to be a second draft for the beta for other changes or will the next version just be full release?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
When we have something to announce we will announce it.

If things are changed drastically, or something is removed for sake of keeping people happy, could we have another beta to see if those changes will produce a better reaction than the previous? I'd like to see these changes go through and I know there have been a few who have threatened to leave, or just don't want to play anymore, and I hope that doesn't influence a decision of reverting some changes, and then releasing it.

Cat Lady

If things are changed drastically, or something is removed for sake of keeping people happy, (...) and I know there have been a few who have threatened to leave, or just don't want to play anymore, and I hope that doesn't influence a decision of reverting some changes, and then releasing it.

The "threats to leave" are literally the most common and boring thing we're getting with EVERY change, so fear not - there is no way something as laughable as this would make dev team decide to do U-turn on some changes.

Actually, the only thing that may convince us is meritocratic arguments, spiced up by well-though ideas of how to do it better - ones that kept the work required <-> gain ratio good enough, too ;)

Cheers,
/Cat Lady

The "threats to leave" are literally the most common and boring thing we're getting with EVERY change, so fear not - there is no way something as laughable as this would make dev team decide to do U-turn on some changes.

Actually, the only thing that may convince us is meritocratic arguments, spiced up by well-though ideas of how to do it better - ones that kept the work required <-> gain ratio good enough, too ;)

Cheers,
/Cat Lady
I appreciate the dedication and commitment, you guys have some amazing changes on the way and I can't wait to see it go live.... Hopefully...soon? :)

/Cat Lady
This is what happens when kids play the game.
No offense though, kids just happen to have a habit of throwing the biggest tantrums when it comes to game development.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I can guarantee you, that I would be capable of thinking of better ways (And probably already have) to improve the game, than 1.4. However, I have no idea what your goals even are. As far as I'm concerned, your goal was to make fighting in 1.4 turtle centric and boring, unless you use yellow.

Some of the people on the forums worship the patch, and that gives you confidence to try and push it through. However do keep in mind, the patch is very unpopular amongst the majority of players ingame. Most people I talked to in EU and NA all hated it. NA was practically completely empty 2 days before the end of the beta.

They hated it for various reasons, some dumb, some legitimate, but either way, 1.4 is not that popular, and most agree that 1.3 should just be fixed, rather than revamping the entire system into the nudge fest. Personally, I think that releasing 1.4 as is would kill a good portion of the community. New players wouldn't try sabering, or get bored of it fast. Old players would simply not play anymore. I think the only reason Kael said he would play 1.4 is to hunt down the devs <_<

I believe 1/6 people actually liked it, at least that is what I found, and usually they were gunners that didn't saber.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I haven't looked at the code for JKJA, but I could probably learn it fairly quickly. I've modded a number of other games. I'd be glad to help out on the mod, but they already have a team, they shouldn't need another coder. Apparently, though, they need ideas and advice, which I'm happy to give.

All you really need to fix 1.3 and make people happy, is to just modify what already exists, you don't need to code a brand new saber system.

Helix

I haven't looked at the code for JKJA, but I could probably learn it fairly quickly.
Good luck with it, lol.
I'd be glad to help out on the mod, but they already have a team, they shouldn't need another coder. Apparently, though, they need ideas and advice, which I'm happy to give.
We have tons of people with "ideas and advices", what we actually need is someone to implement them. There are max 5 active coders atm, and stassin is the only one who's into mechanics coding. So don't expect that implementation of new ideas will go any more quicker, especially considering that stassin said that he quits saber system coding, at least for 1.4.
In other words, pray for @DCM . The god has descended from the heavens to aid his MBII apostles.

ill sponsor some coding classes for you achilles if you promise the first thing you'll do as dev is tone down p3 headshot damage

Just make doom mods until it's too easy, then move onto the quake engine.
That's basically how everyone else first started getting into modding.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
ill sponsor some coding classes for you achilles if you promise the first thing you'll do as dev is tone down p3 headshot damage

I'd probably tone everything else up, and make P3 less accurate. I like the idea of a star wars game with 1-2 shot kills. However, at the current rate of fire of all the weapons, it would be retarded. I'd try to introduce more skill, and less guessing game to gunner. "Which way will my opponent strafe this time"

Status
Not open for further replies.