•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Noob Probs on Mac: App Support JKJA folder is gone

So first of all, let me start by saying that I've tried every single installation guide I could find for MB2 today and not a single one worked for me. I'm not that computer illiterate, so this has been pretty frustrating as I've followed each one word for word. I'm running the Mac App Store version of the game. Finally, after trying every guide and still not getting it to start, I decided to completely delete JKJA and re-install it fresh (I had some old mods and stuff in there, nothing major.) When I did this, I also deleted the JKJA folder from Applications Support just to be thorough so I could totally start over. However, when I re-installed the game from the App store, the folder did not re-appear in the Applications Support. I've tried re-installing it a couple of times now and that folder still has yet to appear.

Any ideas about what I need to do?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So is the longer way to do this even possible in the Mac up with the way it's now set up?
I can't even understand/translate your question, but since Launcher does not run on your computer properly, I can only suggest you to install Movie Battles manually, as described on previous page.
It takes more effort, but seems it's the only way -- I neither have a Mac nor MBII Launcher's source code, so my abilities to help is pretty limited, sorry.
Perform those steps exactly as I said. If you get any problem, post it here, providing as much information as possible.

Fellow mac user here. Read through your thread more or less, so I'm not sure if I understand everything of your situation correctly. The missing app support folder is odd, as far as I know, the app support folder creates itself when you start the game the 1st time. Did you do that after reinstalling? Otherwise I have no idea what's going on.

Also which version of JKA do you get from the app store? The newer (came out around 2013 which you can get on steam) or the original (around 2003)? The reason I ask, cause in the original you had separate folders for SP (Jedi Academy) and MP (Jedi Academy MP) in application support, but in the new you only get 1 folder, called "Jedi Academy" (naturally).

Anyway, all I'm trying to say here is that it's needless for you to try create the folder in application support (especially not with "Jedi Academy MP", as I think you have the newer version too), the computer does that automatically. If it doesn't, then perhaps you really don't need it, and what the guy said on the apple support forum is true. But I find that unlikely, cause you said that you had the application support folder before reinstalling the game. And you're installing the same version of the game now right? So from what I see you should try until you get the application support folder.
If you're convinced that you don't need/have application support, then I see 2 options here. 1st just put the MBII files next to your game, in your "normal" Jedi Academy folder. When I used the old version of the game, I could put the MBII folder next to the game itself and it worked, or I could put it in the application support as well, it didn't matter, mb2 ran in both cases (now I'm using the steam version and it only works if I put mb2 in the application support). And the second option is that you have to dig in the game app with "show package contents", and place the files somewhere there (I find this unlikely).

For the last few updates in mb2, I haven't used the launcher, so I don't know if it works at the moment for Macs (cause the 1st time the launcher came out, it worked, then there was a time that it didn't), but in my opinion it's a lot faster and easier to install manually. You put the downloaded files in the "MBII" folder and that's it.

Launching the mod is tricky as well, as Puppy said, you should use JKALaunch, and set that up correctly. I can write about that if you have problems with it, but from what I see, that's not an issue.

Hope you succeed, also 1 more advice. Only install the game in "Applications" if you install it in a custom place, you can get all kinds of problems.