News models to come ?

Not sur that's the good section, sorry about that

But i was wondering if that could be a good idea to add some models, prequels models i mean.

As Anakin from ROTS with and without his coat BUT in the Jedi Side (because he is so badass with his blue lightsabeer)

And maybe add Qui Gon with his coat, same as Obi Wan (i know it's the ROTS Obi Wan but anyway, it's looks cool)

And why not Darth Jar Jar (i mean really, could be nice to hear some EXCWIZEE ME ?) with this kind of skin.
Capture d’écran 2016-01-30 à 10.29.57.png

Because beyond the trolling idea, i really think it's could be nice :p

And i think that's all :)

Thank you for the attention

PS : how can i make some sounds with the Jedis/Siths ? When i want to do "UUUUUUUNLIMITED POWAAAA" with palpatine he doesn't make it, only some useless sounds :c

HK 47 represents the knights of the old republic.
We have Darth malgus from Swotor, but not HK-47 which came from the games that spawned swotor.
The character that was on the cover of the box for both games. One as a center piece and the other on the side with T3-M4.

I am not going to argue for Carth or Atton, but HK-47 is probably the most original thing that came from both of those games.

If you guys want to make a custom Hk-47 model, go for it. People want him in the game regardless if he is made from scratch or a port.
Personally I argued the ported model because it's easier to do and takes less time to get ready. Which saves you guys, the dev team time.

Revan was more important than his droid, I'm glad he got in. Yea would be nice addition seeing HK as Sniper or so, if it is possible, but if more important characters are to be added so be it.

@Lervish My problem is still that the opinion of the devs is that ported models wont be added to the mod, no matter what happens. Nowdays its possible to edit (the ported) models very easily, so it'd be possible to fix some of the problems on these models what lowers their quality. I'd like to point out that the average quality of the ported models without these edits is still better than some other JKII era characters' quality like Serra Keto, which has an unquestionable place in Open mode for years. So the MBII level of quality is not exist in reality. Anyway, my point is that if you say ported models are forbidden, nobody will ever "fix" those ported models. Thats why I personally never bothered to even try to fix them in the past ~8 months, since I started to edit character models. And since the talented modellers of the MBII community are busy and it'll take some time for you to create these characters (lol), I think it'd be a great benefit for the community, if the good quality ported models could be used in Open mode.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
@Lervish My problem is still that the opinion of the devs is that ported models wont be added to the mod, no matter what happens. Nowdays its possible to edit (the ported) models very easily, so it'd be possible to fix some of the problems on these models what lowers their quality. I'd like to point out that the average quality of the ported models without these edits is still better than some other JKII era characters' quality like Serra Keto, which has an unquestionable place in Open mode for years. So the MBII level of quality is not exist in reality. Anyway, my point is that if you say ported models are forbidden, nobody will ever "fix" those ported models. Thats why I personally never bothered to even try to fix them in the past ~8 months, since I started to edit character models. And since the talented modellers of the MBII community are busy and it'll take some time for you to create these characters (lol), I think it'd be a great benefit for the community, if the good quality ported models could be used in Open mode.
It's not even a matter of quality really. The devs are trying to avoid the legal quagmire that would ensue from porting models. JK2Files.com got a cease and desist letter from LucasArts in the past because they were hosting a lot of KOTOR ported content. LucasArts in their wisdom decided not to tell the site to shut down, just to stop hosting those mods. A mod which is arguably better than EA's current products and, one could argue, is cutting into their profits...I doubt they're going to be so easy.

And to touch on for a second about quality: yeah, there's some really lower quality models that have existed since the MB1 days (literally half the Wook skins have existed since MB1), but they're fan favorites and there's no sense in outright removing them. The priority is on making models for the new movies which are higher quality, rather than remaking existing ones. However you can argue that the MB2 models have a relatively consistent look to them, and a lot of ported skins are very variable in terms of style and look rather out of place.

It's my opinion that the system of skin replacements can be improved pretty significantly and one day we might get the ability to add or remove skins as needed, but the system would need pretty significant rewrites to tolerate this.