My honest opinion, and my humble suggestion.

Hey. My in-game nick has been "Oink Oink?" for quite some time, but I've had many names throughout the MBII era. I've been a member since B16 (or '17, I fail to remember exactly), giving me quite a few years under my belt. And maybe a slight authority to speak for fallen veterans of the MOD.

I'm going to keep this brief, because I do enough writing as a student already. What I write is just my honest opinion, followed by my humble suggestion, and either take it or leave it. I feel like the DEVs of this MOD has given up receiving criticism from the older players because of the good ol' "the older was better" mentality that is so often present. And I am no exception, unfortunately. But it's not because of nostalgia. It's simply got to do with repeat fun, entertainment values and gameplay.

MY HONEST OPINION
You're dragging the MOD through mud, and have been doing so for quite a few patches now. I would say since 2016 is when it turned into a shitshow of bad ideas - some completely altered and/or removed the patch after, and some a glooming shadow of a feature they once were, either bad to better (but not good, I would say about most), but mostly bad to worse, or worse to functioning.

Now I'm done giving the DEVs a hard time, because you guys are the wood and the leafs and the cobble stones making the fire possible - whilst we are the fire, keeping the game alive and populated. But not so much any more. I remember when people used to say "MBII is dying", but it never died. We all just kinda laughed when newbies said it, or some raging bulldog who just simply couldn't aim. But as time is full of irony we can confirm that the fire is indeed extinguishing, and the population that always slightly grew or was kept mostly intact (old players replaced by newer ones) is diminishing.

The fault of this, I sincerely believe, is not due to criticism of the newer Star Wars films or that school has become tougher - these things were still present when the MOD first launched (the prequels, anyone?). And school has been a bitch since the 70's with increasing demands ever since. It's not because we have fun games like EA's Battlefront (sarcasm is strong) or because less and less care about Star Wars. It's all got to do with the chaotic development process that has been present for two-three years now, and the complete middle-finger to the old (be it old, populated maps (DOTF and Lunar) - relatively working, simple and rarely complained-about saber mechanicms, but also importantly neglecting the suggestions and complaints from veterans that helped grow the MOD into what it has become (or at least was) - players that should definitely be heard during times of great change.

MY "HUMBLE" SUGGESTION
Go back to RC1/RC2/RC3. Take the most working, efficient build and code of either one (if not all) of these three patches, and mash in the upgraded animations from newer builds, along with whatever functions that might have come later that is rather heavily community-approved (fire grenades, conc nades, gunner-tweaks, fp damage and bugfixes).

Wherever I turn my nose - almost whomever veteran I ever talk to - unify in the belief that this is when things turned stable, strong and working for the MOD. I know of very few that did not like this period of time for MBII - and not because of nostalgia, but because the game had such a strong gameplay (read: SABER MECHANISM that was as simple as it was evolving for the player, features that were simplified but strong, and class perks and stability that went hand in hand with one another, each complementing eachother greatly. Not to mention, that beside a strong gameplay and a fine balance, this is also the period in which the MOD stod, population-wise, the greatest.

There were about 4-5 populated servers a day, from 15 pm to 1 am, and a great lust among the community to not only engage in the development of the MOD (because at this time we actually had a say in things, and not just bugs-to-be-fixed and perhaps a common complaint).

And yes, it does not help to remove the most populated, repeated map of the entire MOD's history (old, completely fine and definitely working), DOTF. I know many were tired of it. I KNOW many complained about it! But the map was always a dragstone for players to come join, and that dragstone is gone. Simply - gone. A bad choice on many accounts, and although the idea was good - and the new visuals beautiful - you sacrificed, once again, gameplay and entertainment values for the sake of update.

Take all these different factors into account, put a little pride to the side (I know there has been great work put into the MOD) and implement the working new with the massively working old, and we'd have a great MOD once again, way more stable - way more fun - and from a golden age standpoint in which things really worked well for the MOD and community both.

This, in my opinion, must be a better solution than keep heading down a hill that we simply can't find our way back from but just further to.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I know the feeling.

To better days, when eyes were brighter and younger, time was plentiful and the inevitable decline of body and mind did not weigh down upon your soul. :(

I need a winning lottery ticket or a rich sugar momma. o_O
Or a plan and a target.
you already got the momma.

ARC - bad. ARC was actually one of the worst classes in the mod in 1.3 in my opinion. Poor guns, very high point costs for abilities and tools that were only useful in very specific situations (rockets and EMPs). ARC-fu or not, you were gonna die.

Please don't do this to me.
I still have night terrors trying to fight an SBD with a 20 round magazine on the M5.