My First step into a larger world...

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Welcome.

@T r i s t a n 's an obnoxious self-shilling chump, and I bet his mods aren't even that good.

People here aren't generally very kind... But I am!

I mean, come on. Seriously. Seriously. Come on. Etc.

Anyhoo, I've made kind of a hobby of examining the game mechanics and explaining them to myself in my head, so if you (or any newbie reading this) have any questions like "what is this gun good for?" or "what's the point of this ability/upgrade?" or "how do I do this thing I saw someone else do?" or "what's a plausible strategy in this situation?," add me on Steam and toss 'em at me. I'll do my best to deepen your understanding of the game.

I have been unshackled from vanilla Jedi Academy and are now playing this mod! If you see me playing please forgive my noob symptoms.
Welcome!

The community is toxic like hell at least ingame.
I often turn only teamchat on to get a break of the nonsense.
The forum isnt that bad...sometimes, but could be better.

@T r i s t a n 's an obnoxious self-shilling chump, and I bet his mods aren't even that good.
I know you can be nice oddlewad, but right now you are a good prove for what tristan said.

I have been unshackled from vanilla Jedi Academy and are now playing this mod! If you see me playing please forgive my noob symptoms.

Welcome! I used to *love* vanilla JA! It's community was nicer, it was pretty nice. This mod is good, nonetheless, but it's community can indeed get salty and rather chaotic at times. You learn to live with it. Anyways, I would suggest the links that Hexodious posted, as well as the in-game library guide. Start with soldier, ET, clone, etc. because of their multiple lives. If you really want to start as jedi, use Jump 3, Push 3, Sense 3, Medium style 1, Saber Defense 3, and Force Block 2. With this build, you can see incoming enemies through walls, and get a good tactic going. I do *not* suggest, however, using speed, mindtrick, grip, or lightning, until you get the feel of the game. They may seem easy to use, but they have difficult mechanics that can get you killed, lol.

AOD (Angels of Death) Is one of the most popular clans in this mod, due to their variety of games they play and their reliable servers. You can easily join them by going here: ClanAOD.net

However, there are other clans if that interests you as well. You can also bind keys manually by opening console (shift + tilde) and typing /bind key command

There's 3 types of modes in this mod.
1. Dueling (basically vanilla JA)
2. FA (Full Authentic), where you play as iconic characters w/preset builds on an iconic map. (ex: deathstar playing as R2D2)
3. Open, the most common mode. You can choose whichever build and class you want.

Dueling wise, there's much you need to know. If you look at your hud, there will be something on the left and right. On the left is obviously health and shield. Jedi and Sith do not have shield, so make sure you don't let that saber down. On the right you'll see (as a saber user) a light blue bar and a red bar. The light blue bar indicates your force power, the stuff that allows you to block incoming attacks and use force powers like jump and push. The red bar is BP (Block Power). You can lose this by jumping, attacking, or being hit by a lightsaber. If you lose this, you will not be able to block saber attacks, but you can gain it back with Saber Defense by standing still or walking.

For gunners on the right, there will be a yellow bar on the right right. This indicates your gun's ammo. I suggest binding the reload key to R if it's not already. As a soldier, always make sure you have a teammate with you. Buddy system :D

In dueling, there's a thing called "combos" which are when you use multiple swings such as A swing and D swing, and combo them into one singular attack. These *combos* however, can be countered by pblocking, aka perfect blocking. You aim at the area which the saber is coming from, and a green circle will appear saying you pblock'd. Alternatively, you can get a yellow circle, which means you only half perfect block'd.

Example: Someone swings to their right, you would look at their saber, slightly above the shoulder to counter it. Someone does the basic W swing (forward swing), you look above their head.

I hope this helped, see you in game :)

Welcome! I used to *love* vanilla JA! It's community was nicer, it was pretty nice. This mod is good, nonetheless, but it's community can indeed get salty and rather chaotic at times. You learn to live with it. Anyways, I would suggest the links that Hexodious posted, as well as the in-game library guide. Start with soldier, ET, clone, etc. because of their multiple lives. If you really want to start as jedi, use Jump 3, Push 3, Sense 3, Medium style 1, Saber Defense 3, and Force Block 2. With this build, you can see incoming enemies through walls, and get a good tactic going. I do *not* suggest, however, using speed, mindtrick, grip, or lightning, until you get the feel of the game. They may seem easy to use, but they have difficult mechanics that can get you killed, lol.

AOD (Angels of Death) Is one of the most popular clans in this mod, due to their variety of games they play and their reliable servers. You can easily join them by going here: ClanAOD.net

However, there are other clans if that interests you as well. You can also bind keys manually by opening console (shift + tilde) and typing /bind key command

There's 3 types of modes in this mod.
1. Dueling (basically vanilla JA)
2. FA (Full Authentic), where you play as iconic characters w/preset builds on an iconic map. (ex: deathstar playing as R2D2)
3. Open, the most common mode. You can choose whichever build and class you want.

Dueling wise, there's much you need to know. If you look at your hud, there will be something on the left and right. On the left is obviously health and shield. Jedi and Sith do not have shield, so make sure you don't let that saber down. On the right you'll see (as a saber user) a light blue bar and a red bar. The light blue bar indicates your force power, the stuff that allows you to block incoming attacks and use force powers like jump and push. The red bar is BP (Block Power). You can lose this by jumping, attacking, or being hit by a lightsaber. If you lose this, you will not be able to block saber attacks, but you can gain it back with Saber Defense by standing still or walking.

For gunners on the right, there will be a yellow bar on the right right. This indicates your gun's ammo. I suggest binding the reload key to R if it's not already. As a soldier, always make sure you have a teammate with you. Buddy system :D

In dueling, there's a thing called "combos" which are when you use multiple swings such as A swing and D swing, and combo them into one singular attack. These *combos* however, can be countered by pblocking, aka perfect blocking. You aim at the area which the saber is coming from, and a green circle will appear saying you pblock'd. Alternatively, you can get a yellow circle, which means you only half perfect block'd.

Example: Someone swings to their right, you would look at their saber, slightly above the shoulder to counter it. Someone does the basic W swing (forward swing), you look above their head.

I hope this helped, see you in game :)
You are all saying that the community can be unkind but you just took the time to explain the basics to me! Thank you so much I look forward to learning all of this!

You are all saying that the community can be unkind but you just took the time to explain the basics to me! Thank you so much I look forward to learning all of this!
MBII has a lot of nuance in the gameplay, it will take time for you to learn it all. It will be tempting for you to go sabertist all the time, but the gunner classes are also a lot of fun, and there is nothing more fun then hunting down a jedi as a stormtrooper with a team of stormies behind you.

1479536254711031_by_darkvinylscratch-daoz5mb.gif