How to MB2: Tutorial series

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Since there's no real tutorials on Youtube or anything, I thought I'd go for it. You'll have to forgive my finnish accent and slightly stuffy voice, but this is all you get. I want to get these things out sooner later than later.

Part1: Setup

Part2: Baby's first steps

Part2.5: Jedi vs Gunner analysis #1

Part3: More Gunner shenanigans!

Part4: Grenades as crowd control

I'll keep updating this thread as I finish up with more videos. Next up I'll have some Jedi/Sith basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea, since there are a lot of "how to...?" people. It should be integrated into game.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
I'll go through some more basic gameplay and core skills to have next week. Once I have that covered, I'll go through Jedi/Sith basics as that seems to be very requested.

As the series develops, I'll go into greater depth with classes and abilities I find key.

KaelWindu

Banned
If you ever need someone who's actually good at the game (even in this garbage saber system) PM me because I'm easily the best dueliest in MB2

join GAR

ent

Movie Battles II Team
You added a new vid, but didn't make a post here about it.

/edit none (or 5 button) to hide the demo HUD.

/speed 0.25 instead of timescale - more accurate and does not affect the console speed etc.

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Bam! New bigger vid with some decent thoughts and ideas about how to shoot a gun without really focusing too much on the whole shooting part.

I'll use those for the next vid, Ent :3

Last edited:
it's very important that you do this series, ben
after all these dueling tutorials we really needed some gunner protips

Should mention something about jumping and force regen when estimating force loss.
You should have chucked a primary into that dead end tunnel on the left with the obstructionist sith.

Finite ammo > bad sith.

Should mention something about jumping and force regen when estimating force loss.
You should have chucked a primary into that dead end tunnel on the left with the obstructionist sith.

Finite ammo > bad sith.
if he did that, he wouldn't send these four rebs flying later
btw. isn't this funny how people get owned easily by an advanced player using a new alias?

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Nice vid, @GoodOl'Ben, could you send me that latest (4th) demo? I found some issues there that I want to fix. :)