MovieBattles II V1.7.1.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.7.1.1 Update

General
  • Fix: Further fixes to prevent Game Stats causing a server crash on Linux hosts at the start of a new round
  • Fix: Fixed an exploit which could cause clients to crash when invalid data was presented to them.
Gameplay
  • Change: Slightly increased Bowcaster running accuracy while not moving backward.
    • Note: This change was in the prior update but forgotten in the initial version of that changelog.
  • Fix: Dodge works against sniper weapons again.
  • Fix: Fixed some instances of dodge animations being skipped.
Maps
  • Change: Added objective icons for mb2_xmas_mustafar.
  • Fix: Minor cleanup for mb2_cmp_jedha's .siege setup.
  • Fix: Added shaders for new map levelshot images.
Models
  • New: Added five new lightsaber hilts in Open mode:
    • Ancient Crossguard (Rebels), Darksaber (Mandalorian), Jocasta Nu (TCW), Lord Corvax (VI), and The Ren (TROKR)
  • Fix: Addressed an instance where SBD animation sounds were not properly loaded.
  • Fix: Colored parts of RGB Battledroids no longer get double shadowing.
uMad? Pack
  • Fix: Christmas Bespin Cloud Car lasers not firing as intended.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBIIHilts.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

I've been playing ET/Commander with E-11 lvl 3 and 1 grenade for like 10 years, never using dodge. I don't get all you newbs blowing a fuse over this and saying that commanders now suck because you can't become invulnerable every 30 sec.

Commanders are really good, just play with brains and use their superior movement speed and health to your advantage.

Also, imo, one of the best support builds for a skilled player is e-11 lvl 1 and 2 grenades. You can do a lot of damage with e-11 level 1 if you have teammates/play from cover, because it's very accurate and the current bullet speed is sufficiently fast for you to land good shots.

Even before the fp drains, e-11 lvl 1 was very good against jedi and a few of the most skilled ppl knew this and used it in 1v1's even when they had lvl 3. After the FP drain buff I imagine that e-11 lvl 1 is even more powerful. Whenever I play this build, I don't use dodge. In fact, I almost never use dodge. Not in the past, and not nowadays. You don't fucking need it to be top of the scoreboard and super good. You need to get that into your noob heads.

Also, as mace mentioned, T-21 is a very strong gun if you know how to use it. Take fights at distances that favor the superior (to e-11) secondary fire, and use primary from cover almost like a sniper or when someone is airborne and u can predict their trajectory, you can easily pop them with primary fire T-21. It's almost as good as the burst gun on rebels, it just has different strengths.

EDIT: I forgot to mention fire grenades. Those are quite good on maps like smuggler when you need to control the flow of the rush to prevent being overwhelmed. Chucking one on the main stairs or in red room really helps to control the flow of enemies. And they're plenty useful on other maps as well on defense.
You're proving my point though, for such an old class there's only like 2 viable build options that (partially) change the way you play.

I'm not even mad about dodge, but what's wrong with wanting more for such a useless class when you can play Bounty Hunter which actually makes an impact on the battlefield.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
You're proving my point though, for such an old class there's only like 2 viable build options that (partially) change the way you play.

I'm not even mad about dodge, but what's wrong with wanting more for such a useless class when you can play Bounty Hunter which actually makes an impact on the battlefield.

Commanders are one of the most useful classes in the game, and I often see one team getting completely creamed because it doesn't have enough "stock" troopers defending or attacking, because everyone is either a jedi/sith or a sniper class trying to get uber leet frags.

The strength of soldiers and commanders lie partly in the fact that they have reinforcements. Having two or three lives is massively impactful. When it comes to build variety, I don't mind adding more stuff, more gadgets, on use items etc. I think that'd be cool. Things like a temporary shield, a bacta, a sentry gun or whatever. Those are interesting and cool, so if there's a way to add them to the toolkits without breaking the balance and flow of the game then that sounds nice.

I guess what I'm saying is that you're at least in part, comparing apples and oranges here. Commanders are supposed to be more simple in their layouts compared to a bounty hunter or an arc trooper, who can specialize in more tools for more occasions. Soldiers and Commanders are more army troops holding the line, comprising the meat and bones of an offensive or defensive line. Meanwhile, the bounty hunter is sniping, using darts etc, the mandalorian is flying into positions, flanking, using flames against jedi and rocket diving to glory. Each class does something different. And I think what soldiers and commanders do is form a nice symbiotic relationship with reinforcements/deploy to form a solid offense or defense. They are the backbone of the team. If the backbone is weak, special classes can't shine.

Commanders are one of the most useful classes in the game, and I often see one team getting completely creamed because it doesn't have enough "stock" troopers defending or attacking, because everyone is either a jedi/sith or a sniper class trying to get uber leet frags.

The strength of soldiers and commanders lie partly in the fact that they have reinforcements. Having two or three lives is massively impactful. When it comes to build variety, I don't mind adding more stuff, more gadgets, on use items etc. I think that'd be cool. Things like a temporary shield, a bacta, a sentry gun or whatever. Those are interesting and cool, so if there's a way to add them to the toolkits without breaking the balance and flow of the game then that sounds nice.

I guess what I'm saying is that you're at least in part, comparing apples and oranges here. Commanders are supposed to be more simple in their layouts compared to a bounty hunter or an arc trooper, who can specialize in more tools for more occasions. Soldiers and Commanders are more army troops holding the line, comprising the meat and bones of an offensive or defensive line. Meanwhile, the bounty hunter is sniping, using darts etc, the mandalorian is flying into positions, flanking, using flames against jedi and rocket diving to glory. Each class does something different. And I think what soldiers and commanders do is form a nice symbiotic relationship with reinforcements/deploy to form a solid offense or defense. They are the backbone of the team. If the backbone is weak, special classes can't shine.
I'm not sure if you're just saying this because you're the one who made the layout but reinforcement is usually not worth it, since spawns sometimes happen in bad spots and devastate the other sides army. Soldiers and Commanders can still be kept as the backbone with even slight additions such as, like you say turrets and bacta and as I'm writing this these things would in fact incentivize front lines and be much of a back bone than ever. not to mention the gameplay changes in even one aspect even something as weak as a sentry turret would be worth trying out on open even if it's really weak and/or worth a lot of points.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I'm not sure if you're just saying this because you're the one who made the layout but reinforcement is usually not worth it, since spawns sometimes happen in bad spots and devastate the other sides army. Soldiers and Commanders can still be kept as the backbone with even slight additions such as, like you say turrets and bacta and as I'm writing this these things would in fact incentivize front lines and be much of a back bone than ever. not to mention the gameplay changes in even one aspect even something as weak as a sentry turret would be worth trying out on open even if it's really weak and/or worth a lot of points.

Let's not get carried away attributing random things to me. God knows ppl have done that enough throughout the years. I don't usually use the deploy thing, whatever it's called, in open, because it costs points and it requires teamwork to really shine. It's much better in a situation where you and the soldier(s) are on voice comms or just on the same wavelength, because then you can abuse the boost you get from spawning with it to push a position together or do something else with it. Let's use dotf as an example. If you die in main and spawn behind a commander, the bonus isn't going to do much. But if you're holding throne-room and fighting with the enemy, and you die and respawn near the commander, that boost is going to be extremely useful. I still kind of wish it was free at this point. I wonder if mace has any stats on how many ppl actually use it in open.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Let's not get carried away attributing random things to me. God knows ppl have done that enough throughout the years. I don't usually use the deploy thing, whatever it's called, in open, because it costs points and it requires teamwork to really shine. It's much better in a situation where you and the soldier(s) are on voice comms or just on the same wavelength, because then you can abuse the boost you get from spawning with it to push a position together or do something else with it. Let's use dotf as an example. If you die in main and spawn behind a commander, the bonus isn't going to do much. But if you're holding throne-room and fighting with the enemy, and you die and respawn near the commander, that boost is going to be extremely useful. I still kind of wish it was free at this point. I wonder if mace has any stats on how many ppl actually use it in open.
I think making rally free would make sense at this point. Or more radically, make it part of a single-life build tree (so rally is mutually exclusive with reinforcements, but you can get better armor or other exclusive toys).

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
I think making rally free would make sense at this point. Or more radically, make it part of a single-life build tree (so rally is mutually exclusive with reinforcements, but you can get better armor or other exclusive toys).

I'd be cool with a free rally, on the sole condition that it be optional to take. Some maps, like DOTF, rally on defense is extremely strong, but on a map like lunarbase, the Imperial spawn can flank Rebs if you're backed into the objective room, so taking rally can ironically be worse there.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'd be cool with a free rally, on the sole condition that it be optional to take. Some maps, like DOTF, rally on defense is extremely strong, but on a map like lunarbase, the Imperial spawn can flank Rebs if you're backed into the objective room, so taking rally can ironically be worse there.
Soldiers can opt out of rallying on a commander if they use class special before clicking attack to respawn. That could probably use a second pass to make the option more obvious though as most don't know about it.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Soldiers can opt out of rallying on a commander if they use class special before clicking attack to respawn. That could probably use a second pass to make the option more obvious though as most don't know about it.

That definitely needs something more obvious to trigger it since I knew that already and still forget in-game until it's too late a lot of the time.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
A Toggle key (hmm Alt Key's exist) with a UI mark to indicate On/Off would be nice. Doesn't need to be pretty either could be pretty low effort I'd imagine

Mr. Sigma

Internal Beta Team
also.. why is it almost impossible for 1v2 sith/jedi battles? the BP system is also hugely flawed outside of duels.. it would be really cool to see the best saber users be able to win more 1vX fights in open.. as the current block point system system is an artificial restraint in a skill based game.. i think perfect blocks should regen BP again.. or maybe manual blocks? (or both in addition to disarming giving u some kind of advantage even if they swingblock it)

Good point on that, maybe they could add a system where when 2 or more Jedi enter your proximity, that your BP counter goes up a bit, or BP damage or whatever, of course, it is a bit tricky.

Good point on that, maybe they could add a system where when 2 or more Jedi enter your proximity, that your BP counter goes up a bit, or BP damage or whatever, of course, it is a bit tricky.

There is an argument to be made that the defensive arc for sabers is insufficient. The devs might look into removing the insta-death on backwacks and sidewacks, and replacing them with a BP damage modifier.

It would allow for both parties to actually have fun with ganks, instead of the run-for-the-back-and-win system we have today. Food for thought.

In other words, you don't like gunners having a chance. Jedi have been easy mode for a long time, whether it be way back where swingblock nullified flinch, or back a few builds ago where I literally hit 47% of my shots at a jedi, through multiple reloads (higher than average aim), and still couldn't drain the bastard within IDR. (This is video recorded and actual numbers)

Bringing things back in line so its fair for both sides, is not a bad thing. Just because you might be used to facerolling even medium skill gunners as a newb doesn't mean its right or balanced. This isn't the game where we give into jedi/sith power fantasies like battlefront.

If we need to tune a few things back because we went too far, we will. It seems like that might be the case with P3 and E11

ehh thats not true.. noob gunners vs jedi.. sure.. but anyone that can actually aim just shoots the jedi in the face over and over and over lol..

i feel like you don't play ur own game lol

we are talking about movie battles 2 right?

ehh thats not true.. noob gunners vs jedi.. sure.. but anyone that can actually aim just shoots the jedi in the face over and over and over lol..

He is.

Let me throw some anecdotal evidence into the convo:

unknown.png

So this is now in [Tr] DeathStar. There is absolutely no reason - none - for this to be possible, but it is because I have wallhacks (I can't be surprised but I can surprise gunners) I have regenerative armor (my forcepoints regen in seconds, sometimes at the same rate at which I'm being attacked), my weapon is a 1hko (save Wookiee and SBD), I have an infinite ammo medium ranged AoE knockdown power (push), and I can retreat faster than any class sans Deka (speed) if things get rough.

This is infuriating for the rest of the playerbase. Nobody likes dying to OP mechanics over and over and people ragequit and stop playing the more people like me get away with abusing this class.

I think the quickest, easiest fix would be if Devs made it so Jedi had to meditate to regen FP (as opposed to it being passive). If I'm spamming sense to outflank, well that loss of 25fp now becomes pretty valuable. It also stops me from stalling about until you need to reload to strike. If the goal for devs is to get Jedi kdr's closer to, say, BH kdr's, that might surely do it.

Last edited:

You may aswell argue with a wall, I argued for an overall buff and rework for every class, but the devs get terrified at the prospect of slight imbalance, when there is no balance in the game as it is lmao.

Best thing they can do is, release a large update to rework all the trees to add new things for actual creativity and fresh gameplay as long as they don't make 10 rockets for 3 points or buff wookie with more hp there shouldn't be complaints.

If Jedi/Sith had to meditate to regen FP, they would never win against gunners that can somewhat aim, doesn't even have to be good gunners. But yes, corner camping sense saber users are boring as hell.
Yeah my suggestion was way tf out there lol. Though it would be funny to see the other pro players rage at only getting 1 kill each round instead of 7.

He is.

Let me throw some anecdotal evidence into the convo:

View attachment 6051

So this is now in [Tr] DeathStar. There is absolutely no reason - none - for this to be possible, but it is because I have wallhacks (I can't be surprised but I can surprise gunners) I have regenerative armor (my forcepoints regen in seconds, sometimes at the same rate at which I'm being attacked), my weapon is a 1hko (save Wookiee and SBD), I have an infinite ammo medium ranged AoE knockdown power (push), and I can retreat faster than any class sans Deka (speed) if things get rough.

This is infuriating for the rest of the playerbase. Nobody likes dying to OP mechanics over and over and people ragequit and stop playing the more people like me get away with abusing this class.

I think the quickest, easiest fix would be if Devs made it so Jedi had to meditate to regen FP (as opposed to it being passive). If I'm spamming sense to outflank, well that loss of 25fp now becomes pretty valuable. It also stops me from stalling about until you need to reload to strike. If the goal for devs is to get Jedi kdr's closer to, say, BH kdr's, that might surely do it.

jedi/sith needing to meditate to use sense at all could make it more balanced