MovieBattles II V1.7.1.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.7.1.1 Update

General
  • Fix: Further fixes to prevent Game Stats causing a server crash on Linux hosts at the start of a new round
  • Fix: Fixed an exploit which could cause clients to crash when invalid data was presented to them.
Gameplay
  • Change: Slightly increased Bowcaster running accuracy while not moving backward.
    • Note: This change was in the prior update but forgotten in the initial version of that changelog.
  • Fix: Dodge works against sniper weapons again.
  • Fix: Fixed some instances of dodge animations being skipped.
Maps
  • Change: Added objective icons for mb2_xmas_mustafar.
  • Fix: Minor cleanup for mb2_cmp_jedha's .siege setup.
  • Fix: Added shaders for new map levelshot images.
Models
  • New: Added five new lightsaber hilts in Open mode:
    • Ancient Crossguard (Rebels), Darksaber (Mandalorian), Jocasta Nu (TCW), Lord Corvax (VI), and The Ren (TROKR)
  • Fix: Addressed an instance where SBD animation sounds were not properly loaded.
  • Fix: Colored parts of RGB Battledroids no longer get double shadowing.
uMad? Pack
  • Fix: Christmas Bespin Cloud Car lasers not firing as intended.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBIIHilts.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I know there hasn't been too much dev input about Dodge or the FP drains in the previous thread so I'll just throw this in real quick:
I've been looking through lots of feedback and doing discussions with a few players of varying skill levels and the results are about what I had expected when adjusting the values to what they landed on release.

Primarily, this includes but is not limited to: Dodge being possibly under-tuned at longer ranges, some weapons like P3 being too strong, and SBD still being a bit on the weaker side. Dodge is a mechanic where it's healthier for it to be a bit worse than desired and tweak upwards instead of being extremely strong and being left unmanaged for however long (see previous version). I'll be working on some adjustments to try and get this to be a bit more useful (I think we cut it down from what the initial tweaked target was so there's already some numbers to go back towards).

As for FP drains, the results are pretty good as far as what the baseline should be for most of the weapons, with E11 being the main judge of what's the "average" weapon to look up or down from, even if E11 itself may be a bit too strong currently. SBD will be getting more love and most of the rest will be getting tuned appropriately. Hopefully that gets everything into a solid spot moving forward so we can move onto getting more toys and fun things going on with each class individually.

Edit: Also taking a look at shoulder barge specifically regarding if the duration nerf is enough or if it should just be scrapped entirely as a mechanic.

Last edited:
literally made an account here just to say FP drain is dumb as fuck.. as a noob gunner im just manhandling Jedi now.. only literally the BEST Jedi stand any kind of chance now in a 1v1.. only a select few weapons should of gotten that buff!.. also.. why is it almost impossible for 1v2 sith/jedi battles? the BP system is also hugely flawed outside of duels.. it would be really cool to see the best saber users be able to win more 1vX fights in open.. as the current block point system system is an artificial restraint in a skill based game.. i think perfect blocks should regen BP again.. or maybe manual blocks? (or both in addition to disarming giving u some kind of advantage even if they swingblock it)

i saw that at one point there was no nock back.. a flinch system.. blaster fire moved at a slower rate.. and jedi had actual combos to learn for the different style sabers.. all that sounds way better then the clownish systems we have now.. im not sure what vision or direction your team has for this game.. but i do wish you would rethink some of these choices..

with that being said.. i love moviebattles 2.. wish i found it sooner.. thank you for keeping it alive.. you guys are cool as fuck

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i saw that at one point there was no nock back.. a flinch system.. blaster fire moved at a slower rate.. and jedi had actual combos to learn for the different style sabers.. all that sounds way better then the clownish systems we have now.. im not sure what vision or direction your team has for this game.. but i do wish you would rethink some of these choices.

We had knockback before flinch and now we have knockback again. We tried flinch because it sounded like something worth trying, we are now back to knockback as the system sounded good, but doesn't work in practice and frequently screwed over both sides of the equation. Going back to knockback is us rethinking our choices.

Some weapons might have gotten higher FP drain than they needed, which will be tuned further, however jedi did need to be brought down a peg. Things were too easy for them for a long time. Now they have to adjust to the changes and it will take some time for things to even out a little and adapt / create different strategies.

jedi did need to be brought down a peg. Things were too easy for them for a long time. Now they have to adjust to the changes
In other words we dont want to give a jedi any chances to handle with gunners so we removed their sabers fp and now they should hide in the corners " create different strategies " 👌👌 🤷‍♀️

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
In other words we dont want to give a jedi any chances to handle with gunners so we removed their sabers fp and now they should hide in the corners " create different strategies " 👌👌 🤷‍♀️

In other words, you don't like gunners having a chance. Jedi have been easy mode for a long time, whether it be way back where swingblock nullified flinch, or back a few builds ago where I literally hit 47% of my shots at a jedi, through multiple reloads (higher than average aim), and still couldn't drain the bastard within IDR. (This is video recorded and actual numbers)

Bringing things back in line so its fair for both sides, is not a bad thing. Just because you might be used to facerolling even medium skill gunners as a newb doesn't mean its right or balanced. This isn't the game where we give into jedi/sith power fantasies like battlefront.

If we need to tune a few things back because we went too far, we will. It seems like that might be the case with P3 and E11

Last edited:

I hope the nerf lets more players enjoy their experience. My Jedi plays consistently hit >20 kills before dying to a gunner and it seemed unfair how adaptive and forgiving the class was.

literally made an account here just to say FP drain is dumb as fuck.. as a noob gunner im just manhandling Jedi now.. only literally the BEST Jedi stand any kind of chance now in a 1v1.. only a select few weapons should of gotten that buff!.. also.. why is it almost impossible for 1v2 sith/jedi battles? the BP system is also hugely flawed outside of duels.. it would be really cool to see the best saber users be able to win more 1vX fights in open.. as the current block point system system is an artificial restraint in a skill based game.. i think perfect blocks should regen BP again.. or maybe manual blocks? (or both in addition to disarming giving u some kind of advantage even if they swingblock it)

i saw that at one point there was no nock back.. a flinch system.. blaster fire moved at a slower rate.. and jedi had actual combos to learn for the different style sabers.. all that sounds way better then the clownish systems we have now.. im not sure what vision or direction your team has for this game.. but i do wish you would rethink some of these choices..

with that being said.. i love moviebattles 2.. wish i found it sooner.. thank you for keeping it alive.. you guys are cool as fuck
Dude this is how I feel too on all of this

Yeah the FP drain buff was super not needed and in my thoughts I thought it needed a small nerf by a small number on all blasters/ But now im seeing Sith and jedi being slaughtered by soldiers with no problem now. Heros/arcs can 1v2 sith with the FP drain buff and with thier dash and kill a sith in 5 seconds. Bounty hunters and Commanders are doing the same to jedi but without the dashing part, its actually forcing jedi to use mind trick more now due to it useless less FP over time and they can actually get close to a gunner to have a CHANCE to swing at them without being shot the whole way. Like I said about this atm "Sith and Jedi are on the Disciples of Ragnos skill level on blocking blaster shots now"

Knock back is not bad imo, some guns give way too much knock back for not doing a lot of damage but this is WAY better than being stuck flinching while being shot or trying to hit someone shooting a fast firing blaster

and the 1v2 thing i can understand how it can be hard to balance due to coding and old game stuff but i always thought that if you are in a 1v2 or more your BP loss on blocking is lessened depending how many Unique players you are blocking (meaning how many different players you are blocking swings from)

Last edited:
Models look good, but classes still suck. Whenever I play Imps I never see Commanders and I don't blame them since the class is garbage compared to rebel classes.
TBh its that 5 burst rifle that I see make people play the rebel commander. With Dodge and firing that thing is Pure Aids and Pure Pazaak

TBh its that 5 burst rifle that I see make people play the rebel commander. With Dodge and firing that thing is Pure Aids and Pure Pazaak
You're right, it basically counters everything with how strong that class is. and it's not even fun to fight with or against. and developers will never get gun balancing right, but I was talking about Imps and how they were weak in comparison to other classes with only 2 possible grenades being the real deal in terms of gadgets to destroy with. which is why I think classes need reworking.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
but I was talking about Imps and how they were weak in comparison to other classes with only 2 possible grenades being the real deal in terms of gadgets to destroy with.

The community picks Commander over Elite Trooper at a ratio of almost 2:1. When people are on Rebels they seem to prefer Soldier over Elite Trooper at a ratio of 1.7:1

Community might not think it is as weak as you think it is. T-21 is pretty powerful.

The community picks Commander over Elite Trooper at a ratio of almost 2:1. When people are on Rebels they seem to prefer Soldier over Elite Trooper at a ratio of 1.7:1

Community might not think it is as weak as you think it is. T-21 is pretty powerful.
How is that statistic relevant though, I alone play as Commander just to be Commander on the battlefield and roleplay. I've seen many others play like this too. Only reason people play Commander (I've never seen a good player play as this btw) is for the two grenades and dodge, the T-21 is alright at best, but it's nothing special either, If it was then people would be building towards that more often over the pistol or standard rifle and grenades.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
How is that statistic relevant though, I alone play as Commander just to be Commander on the battlefield and roleplay. I've seen many others play like this too. Only reason people play Commander (I've never seen a good player play as this btw) is for the two grenades and dodge, the T-21 is alright at best, but it's nothing special either, If it was then people would be building towards that more often over the pistol or standard rifle and grenades.

I've been playing ET/Commander with E-11 lvl 3 and 1 grenade for like 10 years, never using dodge. I don't get all you newbs blowing a fuse over this and saying that commanders now suck because you can't become invulnerable every 30 sec.

Commanders are really good, just play with brains and use their superior movement speed and health to your advantage.

Also, imo, one of the best support builds for a skilled player is e-11 lvl 1 and 2 grenades. You can do a lot of damage with e-11 level 1 if you have teammates/play from cover, because it's very accurate and the current bullet speed is sufficiently fast for you to land good shots.

Even before the fp drains, e-11 lvl 1 was very good against jedi and a few of the most skilled ppl knew this and used it in 1v1's even when they had lvl 3. After the FP drain buff I imagine that e-11 lvl 1 is even more powerful. Whenever I play this build, I don't use dodge. In fact, I almost never use dodge. Not in the past, and not nowadays. You don't fucking need it to be top of the scoreboard and super good. You need to get that into your noob heads.

Also, as mace mentioned, T-21 is a very strong gun if you know how to use it. Take fights at distances that favor the superior (to e-11) secondary fire, and use primary from cover almost like a sniper or when someone is airborne and u can predict their trajectory, you can easily pop them with primary fire T-21. It's almost as good as the burst gun on rebels, it just has different strengths.

EDIT: I forgot to mention fire grenades. Those are quite good on maps like smuggler when you need to control the flow of the rush to prevent being overwhelmed. Chucking one on the main stairs or in red room really helps to control the flow of enemies. And they're plenty useful on other maps as well on defense.

Last edited: