Moviebattles II V1.5.3 Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.5.3 Update
CHANGELOG
General

• Fix: Fixed several Mac client crashes.
  • Removed: Seasonal Maps are disabled
Saber
  • Change: Damage multipliers cleaned up to the following:
    • If defender is hit in a startup of their swing, they take 1.2x damage (holding block has no change)
    • Otherwise, if defender is attacking, they take 1.1x damage if holding block, otherwise 1.2x
    • Lastly, if defender isn't attacking, they take 1.0x damage while holding block, otherwise 1.3x
  • Change:Separate modifiers intended for swingblocking/running/walking/other stuff all normalized to 1.0x
  • Change: Saber Defense 1 multiplier reduced from 1.4x to 1.2x
  • Fix: Counter swings are no longer instant
  • Removed: BP Regen on PB removed.
Launcher
  • Fix: Anti-Cheat will function correctly after first install without requiring a launcher restart.
  • Fix: The patcher will no longer stall if it cannot connect to the update servers.
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
MBAssets4.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:
The patch is decent enough, although the counters no longer exist, the duels do not become eternal, it focuses more on pblocking and on executing the best combos, everything has become mental rather than a mechanical game.

It is not the best patch, but at least it is better than the previous one.

No, I am so done with sabering being a focus. I spend that time doing actual work.

0da217d73d0d6a515f5a951c97abaa9e.png
im not blaming you personally but i dont think it was adequately tested, it can't possibly have been given the fact that you literally can't counter properly.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It is not the best patch, but at least it is better than the previous one.

This was the only goal, minor patch while waiting for bigger things to make it a little better.

im not blaming you personally but i dont think it was adequately tested, it can't possibly have been given the fact that you literally can't counter properly.

Oh shush, you could have easily done the same as the others and tested it more yourself. You're just blaming everyone else who was actively testing it while even mentioning that you didn't understand how it worked.

This was the only goal, minor patch while waiting for bigger things to make it a little better.

Oh shush, you could have easily done the same as the others and tested it more yourself. You're just blaming everyone else who was active.
I was active, i remember asking to play the build and getting told that I couldn't for some reason.

EDIT: anyway im past caring hopefully the new builds wont take too long

yeah i agree with ya its not the best but it is a lot better than the previous one pep
and yes pb thing was op af

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Counters are not fully gone but you cant do them mid combos anymore. Just play enough to adapt and you'll enjoy it

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Well, the idea was to do the bear minimum that could be done relatively quickly to improve the problems with the last build since finishing the next big patch has taken much longer than expected.

Counters are not fully gone but you cant do them mid combos anymore. Just play enough to adapt and you'll enjoy it
i know but it's buggy and clearly not intended is my point, i'm not saying for a minute this isnt better than instacounters but i'm just going to wait til bigger patch which hopefully will make me want to be active again

I'm glad you fixed the OP counters, even at the expense of not being able to time parry properly up close or atleast not as it used to be.
Other than that not sure how i feel about the PB nerf.
All in all it's a nice temporary fix and i'm glad you guys made one to begin with, however i'll probably wait this one out until the gud stuff happens =)

i for one i think they did something that was required and this is that, a quick fix.

It's intended and not a bug. It was tested thoroughly by a bunch of good duelists and you also tested it a couple of times. Stop it already...
i actually liked your original response lol but it could lead to pointless comebacks /complains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
Hey cool, updates. How about fixing flinch so saberists aren't so stupid over powered? But of course all you guys care about is dueling so this will never be addressed.
While I'm not super on board with the passive-aggressiveness this message, I do agree. Flinch (or lack thereof) really needs another look, saber v gunner balance is not in a great place right now imo.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
It's kind of surprising that people are actually arguing in favor of being able to do stuff like counter with Red at any single point during a combo with not a lot of effort to land the hits..

Last edited:

Karus

Donator
While I'm not super on board with the passive-aggressiveness this message, I do agree. Flinch (or lack thereof) really needs another look, saber v gunner balance is not in a great place right now imo.
100% agree, saw a thread not too long ago about the flykick whilst saber blocking thing, didn't realise it myself.
And as you guys mentioned flinch not seeming to work 100% of the time, it's pretty frustrating really.
Don't get me wrong, I love duel, but I do get bored of it and I feel like Open should get a bit of love, ya know what am sayin' mein?