Moviebattles II Hotfix 1.8.0.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.8.0.1 Update

General
  • Fix/Change: Players in private duels will no longer be able to enter vehicles that are assumed to have extra seats to avoid causing a potential server crash.
  • Fix/Change: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs now only has an impact if you're not using convergent mode.
  • Fix: Make convergent pistols more robust when g2 traces fail or at close range.
Gameplay
  • Fix: The previous fix for ARC losing stamina in unintended circumstances had some cascading effects. Those should now be resolved.
  • Fix: Fire damage reverted to intended damage, only does more to on-fire Wooks (on-fire ticks increased from 2 to 3).
  • Change: Mandalorian Rocket:
    • Reworked 1.5x delay when firing while jetpack on cooldown to the following:
      • A timer of 500ms that scales down based on how long it's been since you exited flight is added to the base launch time.
  • Change: Bounty Hunter:
    • Time before Disruptor ammo starts bleeding increased from 5 to 10 seconds.
  • Change: ARC
    • M5 Sniper shot count lowered from 8 to 7.
  • Change: Pulse Grenades:
    • Thrown radius increased from 250 to 300
    • Launched radius increased from 200 to 215.
Full Authentic
  • Change: Slight buff to zombie team on CMP Zombie Horror.
  • Fix: Saesee Tiin no longer missing on CMP Arena.
  • Fix: Custom voice commands now work for both teams on MGM Omaha.
Legends
  • New: Grogu - slow moving, force-supplying medic/support class.
  • New: New Republic Security Droid (from The Mandalorian) - slow moving tank / suppressive fire class.
  • Fix: Issue with Jabba crashing clients
  • Change: Jabba given Assemble + Force sight / MT immunity + Death Animation
  • Change: Tusken Raider given Tusken Raider taunt animations
  • Change: Gamorrean given Rally
  • Change: Commander Cody's rate of fire decreased slightly
  • Change: Jedi given 2 class number limits
  • Change: Jet Trooper 2 Class Number limits reduced to 4
  • Change: Zam Wessel now has Disguise
  • Change: Jedi / Cultist no longer able to pick up weapons
  • Change: Spy / Infiltrator classes can now fake death
UI
  • Change: More grenade parameters for Concussion, Sonic, Fire, Cryoban grenades exposed to UI.
  • Fix: Don't show team overlay, following text when scoreboard is up.
  • Fix: cg_hudfiles is no longer hard coded, this fixed the HUD Layout custom settings. To apply, make sure you hit the apply button, then force reload of the HUD button, or just restart your game.
  • Fix: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs added to settings menu.
  • Fix: Chat should new line again.
  • New: A partial "Classic" HUD config has been added. Right now this only changes chat to the classic font, and the highlights in the scoreboard back to white. This will be expanded later to fully encompass the Classic UI later.
Models
  • Change: Reverted Quinlan Vos' soundset to classic set minus pain/death sounds.
  • Change: Tweaked "SWIIING" girl ET soundset to add variety.
  • Change: Tweaked Female Cultist soundset for the same reason as above.
  • Change: Tweaked Tholothian Frenzy soldier soundset.
  • Change: Changed Racto's suit to look less like a Rebel.
  • Change: Changed Kaleesh's suit to look less random.
  • Fix: Din's custom westar pistols are now visible in first person.
Maps
  • Change/Fix: uM_Bespin/Bespin Tournament
    • More areas blocked from allowing Swoops to top area.
    • Further refinement to secret areas, maps no longer contain weapons.
    • Improvements made to further protect against server crashes.
MBII Client
  • Change: Updated the bundled Windows and Linux versions of the separately maintained MBII Client (mbii.x86.exe) based on OpenJK. The MBII Client is GPL licensed and has its source code available at MBII/OpenJK.
    • The Windows build now defaults to using GameData (same as original JAMP) for writing user settings. This change should not affect players using the launcher as that already sets fs_homepath to do the same.
    • fs_game now defaults to MBII. Can still be overridden by setting it in startup parameters.
    • Updated Linux build so it is now close to upstream OpenJK and includes recent fork changes. The client (mbii.i386) should be compatible with Ubuntu 18.04+ and other distros with at least GLIBC 2.27. The dedicated server (mbiided.i386) should be compatible with CentOS 7+ and any other distros with at least GLIBC 2.17 (this can be checked by running ldd --version).
    • NOTE: If switching from OpenJK to MBII client, you may need to update your cl_renderer setting to rd-vanilla-mbii. Without this you will not get r_aspectCorrectRotatePic2 which is used with widescreen UI correction.
  • A Linux Installation Guide is now available on the wiki. Some basic familiarity with Linux is assumed, but the information should be helpful for anyone attempting to setup on that platform for the first time.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--GameData
mbii.x86.exe
mbiided.x86.exe
rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll
mbii.i386
mbiided.i386
rd-vanilla-mbii_i386.so
--MBII
03_MovieGameMappack.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
FAMBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Nice work Devs, please
iwCSA26.png

V1.8.0.1 Update

General
  • Fix/Change: Players in private duels will no longer be able to enter vehicles that are assumed to have extra seats to avoid causing a potential server crash.
  • Fix/Change: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs now only has an impact if you're not using convergent mode.
  • Fix: Make convergent pistols more robust when g2 traces fail or at close range.
Gameplay
  • Fix: The previous fix for ARC losing stamina in unintended circumstances had some cascading effects. Those should now be resolved.
  • Fix: Fire damage reverted to intended damage, only does more to on-fire Wooks (on-fire ticks increased from 2 to 3).
      • A timer of 500ms that scales down based on how long it's been since you exited flight is added to the base launch time.
  • Change: Bounty Hunter:
    • Time before Disruptor ammo starts bleeding increased from 5 to 10 seconds.
  • Change: ARC
    • M5 Sniper shot count lowered from 8 to 7.
  • Change: Pulse Grenades:
    • Thrown radius increased from 250 to 300
    • Launched radius increased from 200 to 215.
Full Authentic
  • Change: Slight buff to zombie team on CMP Zombie Horror.
  • Fix: Saesee Tiin no longer missing on CMP Arena.
  • Fix: Custom voice commands now work for both teams on MGM Omaha.
Legends
  • New: Grogu - slow moving, force-supplying medic/support class.
  • New: New Republic Security Droid (from The Mandalorian) - slow moving tank / suppressive fire class.
  • Change: Commander Cody's rate of fire decreased slightly
  • Change: Jedi given 2 class number limits
  • Change: Jet Trooper 2 Class Number limits reduced to 4
  • Change: Zam Wessel now has Disguise
  • Change: Jedi / Cultist no longer able to pick up weapons
  • Change: Spy / Infiltrator classes can now fake death
UI
  • Change: More grenade parameters for Concussion, Sonic, Fire, Cryoban grenades exposed to UI.
  • Fix: Don't show team overlay, following text when scoreboard is up.
  • Fix: cg_hudfiles is no longer hard coded, this fixed the HUD Layout custom settings. To apply, make sure you hit the apply button, then force reload of the HUD button, or just restart your game.
  • Fix: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs added to settings menu.
  • Fix: Chat should new line again.
  • New: A partial "Classic" HUD config has been added. Right now this only changes chat to the classic font, and the highlights in the scoreboard back to white. This will be expanded later to fully encompass the Classic UI later.
Models
  • Change: Reverted Quinlan Vos' soundset to classic set minus pain/death sounds.
  • Change: Tweaked "SWIIING" girl ET soundset to add variety.
  • Change: Tweaked Female Cultist soundset for the same reason as above.
  • Change: Tweaked Tholothian Frenzy soldier soundset.
  • Change: Changed Racto's suit to look less like a Rebel.
  • Change: Changed Kaleesh's suit to look less random.
  • Fix: Din's custom westar pistols are now visible in first person.
Maps
  • Change/Fix: uM_Bespin/Bespin Tournament
    • More areas blocked from allowing Swoops to top area.
    • Further refinement to secret areas, maps no longer contain weapons.
    • Improvements made to further protect against server crashes.
MBII Client
  • Change: Updated the bundled Windows and Linux versions of the separately maintained MBII Client (mbii.x86.exe) based on OpenJK. The MBII Client is GPL licensed and has its source code available at MBII/OpenJK.
    • The Windows build now defaults to using GameData (same as original JAMP) for writing user settings. This change should not affect players using the launcher as that already sets fs_homepath to do the same.
    • fs_game now defaults to MBII. Can still be overridden by setting it in startup parameters.
    • Updated Linux build so it is now close to upstream OpenJK and includes recent fork changes. The client (mbii.i386) should be compatible with Ubuntu 18.04+ and other distros with at least GLIBC 2.27. The dedicated server (mbiided.i386) should be compatible with CentOS 7+ and any other distros with at least GLIBC 2.17 (this can be checked by running ldd --version).
    • NOTE: If switching from OpenJK to MBII client, you may need to update your cl_renderer setting to rd-vanilla-mbii. Without this you will not get r_aspectCorrectRotatePic2 which is used with widescreen UI correction.
  • A Linux Installation Guide is now available on the wiki. Some basic familiarity with Linux is assumed, but the information should be helpful for anyone attempting to setup on that platform for the first time.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--GameData
mbii.x86.exe
mbiided.x86.exe
rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll
mbii.i386
mbiided.i386
rd-vanilla-mbii_i386.so
--MBII
03_MovieGameMappack.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
FAMBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name
Nice work devs, could the community know about future plans for lightsabers? I'm unsure if Tempest's build is still in progress or not.

Hello and thanks you for the work on this update, and each previous updates too.

Are you able to communicate on a potential beta regarding saber combat system ?
I assume there is a majority of silent players who would benefit everyone with their input, given they have the opportunity to do so. :)
Factual.

Lee

Legends
It's so painfully obvious you have no idea what you are doing when you make changes to Mandalorian. You know there is a thing called 'testing'....? You usually do this before you ship a build -_-

And for effect I'd like to repeat what I just said for legends. What the hell is legends supposed to be about anymore? From the onset it was pretty clear it was an attempt at bringing the movie version of characters into a gamemode with less balance and more realism. Now....I'm just...at a loss for words on what the hell the point of this mode is. You seem to have 0 interest in realism. 0 interest in balance. 0 interest in anything other than: 'it sounded fun to me so I put it in there'. You shouldn't be given an entire official mode as ur personal plaything. You clearly can't handle it with any degree of care. At least u gave zam disguise....? Good job...? And u rly shouldnt give rally to gamorreans...or lvl 3 e11....or an axe that does horrid damage. UR PRETTY MUCH SETTING THEM UP for something stupid like an hp nerf :/ That seems to be how u manage to destroy everything of value in 'ur modes'. Why don't we just rename Legends to Frenzy's mode. might as well.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
It's so painfully obvious you have no idea what you are doing when you make changes to Mandalorian. You know there is a thing called 'testing'....? You usually do this before you ship a build -_-

And for effect I'd like to repeat what I just said for legends. What the hell is legends supposed to be about anymore? From the onset it was pretty clear it was an attempt at bringing the movie version of characters into a gamemode with less balance and more realism. Now....I'm just...at a loss for words on what the hell the point of this mode is. You seem to have 0 interest in realism. 0 interest in balance. 0 interest in anything other than: 'it sounded fun to me so I put it in there'. You shouldn't be given an entire official mode as ur personal plaything. You clearly can't handle it with any degree of care. At least u gave zam disguise....? Good job...? And u rly shouldnt give rally to gamorreans...or lvl 3 e11....or an axe that does horrid damage. UR PRETTY MUCH SETTING THEM UP for something stupid like an hp nerf :/ That seems to be how u manage to destroy everything of value in 'ur modes'. Why don't we just rename Legends to Frenzy's mode. might as well.
Change: Renamed Legends Mode to Frenzy Mode
It does have a good ring to it. ;)

Jokes aside, if you have feedback for balance, feel free to give your thoughts in a constructive, but complaining about two rather niche changes this hotfix isn't really givin' me much. The mode's focus is on fun, if we were to keep it realistic it would leave us having only a few incredibly overpowered classes vs. rather 'meh' ones. That being said, another large overhaul is in progress for all classes which may help a lot. Consider Legends to be more of a fluid playground/sandbox than one like Open which has stayed mostly the same for over a decade. Consider not insulting my degree of 'care' when it's something I have worked on for a few years now. It'll never be perfect, but my hope is that it will always provide people with a lot of fun.

As far as Mando goes, I think some micro adjustments to pistol dmgs/rocket may be in order, but I think the direction it is going in is far better in terms of class balance.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Hello and thanks you for the work on this update, and each previous updates too.

Are you able to communicate on a potential beta regarding saber combat system ?
I assume there is a majority of silent players who would benefit everyone with their input, given they have the opportunity to do so. :)
Nice work devs, could the community know about future plans for lightsabers? I'm unsure if Tempest's build is still in progress or not.
With Open Beta, comes Beta sabering. @Defiant can comment more on the timeline for that, if he so chooses. It seems to me like this is close to release, likely to happen this year.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
View attachment 6190
No more swing, why even use that skin? Worst hotfix ever

You ruined my swing RP, and thus have crippled any chance this game had at redemption. This was completely avoidable. I cannot even begin to fathom the ineptitude of the person to deliver such a blow to what was one of the greatest parts of this modification for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy™. Countless hours me and many others have spent divulging in such a master class feature, only for some guy to undo it all. I will hold those memories in my heart, as will many others. And for the perpetrator of this abomination of an update, may god have mercy on your soul.
Finally! Actually there are many more characters with spammable taunts, what i kindly suggest you do is add 0.5 second delay before every single voiceline in the game, so that people can't spam them and enjoy quality competitive gameplay instead.
swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Glad you guys like it. The 'Shwing!' taunt was meant to stay in as a taunt, but I think that got changed by another dev to only be used during melee (imo, this is a shame). The problem was more that it could be spammed so fast that it was causing a lot of genuine frustration to other players. I am sure most of you are aware of how spammy it got. 8D

Mark my works, Swing will make a come back. And a glorious one at that.

Some context: I directed/invented the 'Jun Wai' (her character name)'s voice / taunts. It was actually a friend of mine who does musical theater / has a studio in her basement. We are planning on doing a few more sounds / adding a female voice commands (Roger!) to MBII. When we do have our second session, I was planning on having her say more things supporting the 'SHWING' taunt so that it wouldn't just be 'Sh-sh-sh-sh-SHWING' and instead have a bit more supporting goofiness. I'm open to suggestions for what other things she can say. Let me know.

Oh, and if you would like to try out the beta voice command pack (replaces male voice commands for now), here is the link to that. :)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
but no one seemed to agree with me at the time...
Because we needed to see how much things would be affected, specially in conjunction with the damage fix on charge shots, before we determine how much the weapons needed to be nerfed. All of us expected there would be a nerf, but if we do multiple things at the same time we cannot see the proper impact of a change. This was said at least 10 times. Game balance 101.

Glad you guys like it. The 'Shwing!' taunt was meant to stay in as a taunt, but I think that got changed by another dev to only be used during melee (imo, this is a shame). The problem was more that it could be spammed so fast that it was causing a lot of genuine frustration to other players. I am sure most of you are aware of how spammy it got. 8D

Mark my works, Swing will make a come back. And a glorious one at that.

Some context: I directed/invented the 'Jun Wai' (her character name)'s voice / taunts. It was actually a friend of mine who does musical theater / has a studio in her basement. We are planning on doing a few more sounds / adding a female voice commands (Roger!) to MBII. When we do have our second session, I was planning on having her say more things supporting the 'SHWING' taunt so that it wouldn't just be 'Sh-sh-sh-sh-SHWING' and instead have a bit more supporting goofiness. I'm open to suggestions for what other things she can say. Let me know.

Oh, and if you would like to try out the beta voice command pack (replaces male voice commands for now), here is the link to that. :)
So you are responsible for all this??? Explain then what the fuck is a 'roly poly' and why Jun Wai has it

With Open Beta, comes Beta sabering. @Defiant can comment more on the timeline for that, if he so chooses. It seems to me like this is close to release, likely to happen this year.

Thanks you for your reply.

I believe releasing it directly without giving the chance to some people to test it before, could lead to miss understanding, confusion, frustration and sadly to unwanted neverendings debates.

If there is the possibility, given the potential new features the future launcher will bring ; maybe allow a public beta ? With dedicated forum threads to discuss the topic.
It is under my nose that there is an important (and growing) playerbase, playing essentially duelling. It is also of common knowledge that there is an immense variety of playstyles (Including, but also excluding NA/EU comparaison)

Balancing everything given the important need of keeping it in line amongst Open Mode is a real challenge, yet some of us are dedicated in the technical about it, and would probably benefit everyone by being given the chance to try things, give their oppinions, and potentially exchanges directly with programmers and game designers.

I think the era of patches 1.4.X have proven that releasing features and changing things drastically (1.5 and after) lead to the feeling mentioned above.
There is a need for changes, and also a need for stability. I would gladly take my time to contribute to this, I am also confident many others would.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Thanks you for your reply.

I believe releasing it directly without giving the chance to some people to test it before, could lead to miss understanding, confusion, frustration and sadly to unwanted neverendings debates.

If there is the possibility, given the potential new features the future launcher will bring ; maybe allow a public beta ? With dedicated forum threads to discuss the topic.
It is under my nose that there is an important (and growing) playerbase, playing essentially duelling. It is also of common knowledge that there is an immense variety of playstyles (Including, but also excluding NA/EU comparaison)

Balancing everything given the important need of keeping it in line amongst Open Mode is a real challenge, yet some of us are dedicated in the technical about it, and would probably benefit everyone by being given the chance to try things, give their oppinions, and potentially exchanges directly with programmers and game designers.

I think the era of patches 1.4.X have proven that releasing features and changing things drastically (1.5 and after) lead to the feeling mentioned above.
There is a need for changes, and also a need for stability. I would gladly take my time to contribute to this, I am also confident many others would.
open beta = public beta

Fang

Donator
ive always weighed about beta team private vs public open and i think if i had to choose i prefer private

and its really simple why

because ive met so many retards in game

The Windows build now defaults to using GameData (same as original JAMP) for writing user settings. This change should not affect players using the launcher as that already sets fs_homepath to do the same.
Experienced the feeling of burning my ass, didn't get to this point. Thought the game was broken again