•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] mouse problems please help

so i took a break fronm mb2 and just tried to play again but i am getting a very strange problem where my mouse starts drifting when making small movements which makes it unplayable

so i took a break fronm mb2 and just tried to play again but i am getting a very strange problem where my mouse starts drifting when making small movements which makes it unplayable

Did you get a new mouse? Are you using a corded mouse, or a high sensitivity mousepad? I've noticed using these things in tandem can cause the mouse to be slightly pushed by the cord if it's pressed up against something, and combined with the high-sens mousepad can cause your mouse to drift.

Alright, first off, get the latest OpenJK build from index · powered by h5ai 0.26.1 (http://larsjung.de/h5ai/). Once you have it installed, use openjk.x86.exe or just replace your jamp.exe with the new openjk executable. The cvar you're interested in is in_mouse 2 which enables raw input. Open the console (~ -"tilde") and enter in_mouse 2 and then in_restart or just restart your game to apply the setting. Basically raw input disables any software acceleration/smoothing and prevents negative acceleration that comes with low fps and windows mouse handling. Next step, increase your fps cap by entering com_maxFps 333 in the console. Make sure that you don't have acceleration turned on by entering cl_mouseAccel 0.

Obviously if your mouse still feels off after all these tweaks, there may as well be a hardware issue with it. Oh, and if by "drifting" you mean skipping pixels, just lower your sensitivity. Personally, I use 450 dpi and 2.3 sensitivity.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
That's probably because you have Windows scaling turned on:
[SOLVED] - Widescreen Issues

There are two different settings those handling scaling, "Change the size of text, apps and other items" and "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
If one of them won't work, try another one.

Also please notice that Comodo on Windows 10 breaks "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" so it has no effect.

Last edited:
That's probably because you have Windows scaling turned on:
[SOLVED] - Widescreen Issues

There are two different settings those handling scaling, "Change the size of text, apps and other items" and "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
If one of them won't work, try another one.

Also please notice that Comodo on Windows 10 breaks "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" so it has no effect.
THANK YOU the text size fixed it