Moonman's retarded meme vids

giphy.gif

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Does anyone know the actual reason for passthroughs? I assumed it was entirely something to do with lag, rather than hitboxes, but that first passthrough was so incredibly terrible that now I'm not sure what could possibly have caused it. Actually, if I had one guess, it would be that he passed the saber through the target before the attack's hitbox even activated, and I'm only able to make that guess because I have very little idea when the lightsaber hitbox activates for each swing in each style.

i mean, he was clearly looking to the left to hit with the earliest hitbox possible, putting him at a risk of going too far, but i'd think he'd know the sweetspot well enough to know if it was his fault.

I've never noticed a passthrough myself. Does it happen more often with Red? Does it happen more often with higher pings?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
in current versions, there are a few possibilties for passthroughs to occur. First i suppose if the model is large yet its hitboxes aren't, i suppose passthroughs can occur (i think that's the case with porkins hero model ?), but that's not the case for most models, and the hitboxes nowadays are very accurate compared to some older versions (before ghoul2 was introduced, i think before RC1 ? don't remember precisely).

Second, regarding saber passthroughs: latency can make it seem like it's a hit while it's not. Also, server FPS is usually 20, and that's actually not much, so due to there being a minimum cooldown required between a swing hit and the next possible hit, and also some saber swings having a very short "middle stage" (which is the only part of a swing that can hit/deal damage) such as the purple overhead swing, passthroughs can occur because the swing passes the enemy while still under cooldown.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Huh, that's basically what I'd figured, although I didn't know the server FPS was that low. So in the video, is it most likely that the first passthrough was a case of whiffing the "middle stage," as I'd guessed, while the second and third are... latency? With the third one, I could believe that, from the server's perspective, the rebel soldier actually dodged the swing. But with the second one, Rey is basically stationary. Is the second one ALSO a case of whiffing the hitbox part of the swing? Or is it hard to tell with these particular cases?