Minimap Player Arrows are white instead of team-colored

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
No idea what's causing it, but I'm pretty sure that in 1.3.2 I had green and red slightly translucent arrows instead of white (bluish?) opaque arrows.

Not being able to tell people apart on the minimap is tactically A Bad Thing.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Noted, I suspected that but didn't feel like checking. For that matter, last time I played on JAMP, if I was playing Mando with dual pistols, jetpacking, and shooting at a wookie, the map would flicker and I'd do weird lag teleportation that made things unplayable and meaningless. I don't know if the wookie was required, but it definitely happened a lot in combat, and never out of combat.

I'll try jamp again for the sake of useful map arrows and a non-stretched HUD, but I definitely haven't been getting the combat unplayability in MBII client.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
... actually, now when I play with the JAMP version via Steam, I'll get kicked from servers for not using the launcher. And I can't use the launcher to launch JAMP because my JA install is in a different location than my Steam install. So I guess I'm stuck with the playable combat but mildly distressing HUD issues of OpenJK.

Does the HUD stretching and arrow coloring seem like something that'll ever be fixed? Or is there some fundamental strange reason why they can't. Or is it just very difficult but possible :y

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
And I can't use the launcher to launch JAMP because my JA install is in a different location than my Steam install. So I guess I'm stuck with the playable combat but mildly distressing HUD issues of OpenJK.
Then why don't you just reinstall JA into a Steam folder? Having Jedi Academy in some folder other from Steam one is known to cause problems.

Also you no need to run game using Launcher, you just have to keep Launcher running while playing (though maybe the fact that game is installed in wrong directory won't allow anti-cheat system to work properly, idk).

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Actually I changed my mind and just move my installation back onto my laptop SSD rather than the external HD i'd been using. Maybe that will magically solve the combat unplayability too.

redoing my config while experimenting made me realize that if I keep the thirdpersontargetdamp and thirdpersoncameradamp settings at 0.6 and 0.3 respectively, my crosshair remains accurate. Which is yet another workaround I have for the crosshair bug, I guess. Dunno what's harder, though, playing with a stiff cam and no crosshair or playing with a swoopy cam and a crosshair.

Aiming with the center of the screen seems easier than aiming with this little circle that the screen laggily catches up to.

Last edited:

Sylar

Donator
Yep, one of the reasons why I don't use the ojk is because of the streched hud, if they ever fix that I will use ojk again.

No problems with jamp though.

Wait? Should there be red arrows on the minimap? For me every player mark was the same color ever. Even in 1.3. Now I can blame this bug for every loss. Openjk.

Sylar

Donator
Wait? Should there be red arrows on the minimap? For me every player mark was the same color ever. Even in 1.3. Now I can blame this bug for every loss. Openjk.
I don't think this bug was on 1.3 otherwise people would have complained about it, but anyway check with JAMP and see if you have this problem as well.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Er, ye... The green arrows are your allies, the red arrows are your enemies. Welcome :D

I don't think this bug was on 1.3 otherwise people would have complained about it, but anyway check with JAMP and see if you have this problem as well.

Should I have it with gunners and sense 1? Because I am sure I never had red arrows with gunners and with sense 1 in 1.3. I didn't report it, cause I thought it's deliberate for balance. How should I have known it should be red when it never was?

Please guys, fix faster their game issues, it's very important. (c)guy who was killed by his teammates 5 times in a row today

Sylar

Donator
Should I have it with gunners and sense 1? Because I am sure I never had red arrows with gunners and with sense 1 in 1.3. I didn't report it, cause I thought it's deliberate for balance. How should I have known it should be red when it never was?
I didn't quite understood the gunners part but here is how it works:

If you use sense 1, 2, 3 doesn't matter, on the minimap will appear red arrows showing your enemies position, if you are in range ofc.

Cat Lady

I'm pretty sure that sense 1 was showing everything on minimap as white also in 1.3.*, using OpenJJ. Just like sense 2 show them through wall, but doesn't tell who is who. Only sense 3 was colour-coding enemies for me.

If it is not like that in jamp, i think it should ;)

As for dealing with it - I was determining who is who by noticing who I *shouldn't* be seeing on the minimap without sense, before using it, yet I am - it was obvious teammate..

Last edited:

Sylar

Donator
If it is not like that in jamp, i think it should
How so, your allies always appear on minimap as green, what's the difference if appears as red or white if they are not green they are obviously enemies

Cat Lady

Erm, for me they appear white, too, sense or not? Or the colour tint is just too subtle for me ;)

I'm pretty sure that sense 1 was showing everytihng on minimap as white also in 1.3.*, using OpenJJ. Just like sense 2 show them through wall, but doesn't tell who is who. Only sense 3 was colour-coding enemies for me.

If it is not like that in jamp, i think it should ;)

As for dealing with it - I was determining who is who by noticing who I *shouldn't* be seeing on the minimap without sense, before using it, yet I am - it was obvious teammate..

Alright, in the beta, when I used sense 1, allies and enemies appeared white. I was using the mb2client then.
Now, since mb2client doesn't work for me:( I switched to jamp. Sense 1 does show green allies/red enemies.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Update: I realized while playing JAMP that when someone uses voice, their arrow on the minimap briefly changes from red/green to the glowy blue-white state that ALL arrows always are in OpenJK.

Last edited: