•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue mb2 randomly freezes and cannot force to close.

for some reason in specific random moments when the game simply wants to freeze (example 1) when a round is about to begin (example 2 ) when a map is gonna change, i cannot close /force close the game at all and yes ive tried ctrl+alt+spr and all it does its bring a black screen with my mouse pointer and so what i need to do every single time this issue happens is just force reset my computer for restart and its annoying cause i dont knwo if doing that all the time its gonna ruin my pc lol, either way it would be nice to fix this problem once and for all.

Fang

Donator
823a7accc437f1376d995b9a78b883e1.png

For now since I have 0 clue and masterace Puppytine op

any suggestions ? cause im still experiencing this issue and ive noticed that is always when a round is about to start or map changeor when the map is gonna load.

System Specs?
Did you recently re-install/update/mod mb?
Are you using jamp or mb2client?
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Did you try the repair installation/check integrity mumbo jumbles?

Lower your graphic settings and set your effects level (Or something like that) to normal, You're done. Didn't fix the problem? No idea. But please, get me a piece of your pc specs, Maybe i can help.

windows 7 or 10, do you play ja/mb through steam or cd?

Do you see any new processes or servers running in task manager? Ctrl Alt Del - Task Master...

Highly underrated. Maybe its the memory issues.

windows 7 or 10, do you play ja/mb through steam or cd?

Do you see any new processes or servers running in task manager? Ctrl Alt Del - Task Master...

Highly underrated. Maybe its the memory issues.

using windows 10 pro and using cd version.
i dont know about teh processes part, but im guessing no? btw today i had this issues again but i already had the task manager on the background and even that didnt work for closing the game, i had to force reset computer.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
alright whenever this issue come around again will give it a try
btw, have you tried pressing key combination that is assigned to restore/minimize in Launcher when game freezes?

If it won't work, there is one another thing to try:
  1. Start Notepad
  2. Copy-paste this exact line to Notepad:
    Code:
    taskkill /im jamp.exe /im mbii.x86.exe
  3. Save it wherever you want, giving extension '.bat' to a file
    Like "MBII kill.bat" or whatever
  4. Right-click on that new file => Create Shortcut
  5. Move that newly created link file to Desktop or to Start menu => Programs
    It's important to keep the shortcut in one of those places!
  6. Right-click on that link file => Properties => Shortcut => Shortcut key => enter a key combination you would like to use (Ctrl + Alt + Q, for example) => OK
    It's important to set up key combination only when link file is already in Start menu or on Desktop!
  7. Now when MBII freezes again, press that key combination you set previously.
    Movie Battles should be terminated instantly, and you will get access to Desktop.

It works fine on Windows XP, not sure will it on Win 10.
I hope it will.

Though all that isn't a real solution at all, it will only help you to unlock your computer, so it won't be necessary to restart it.
As I said before, only developers can get rid of those freezes, but it won't be easy.
Not easy at all, since there is no information about this issue; it's freezes, not crashes, so crash log isn't getting created.
Very sad :(.

btw, have you tried pressing key combination that is assigned to restore/minimize in Launcher when game freezes?

If it won't work, there is one another thing to try:
  1. Start Notepad
  2. Copy-paste this exact line to Notepad:
    Code:
    taskkill /im jamp.exe /im mbii.x86.exe
  3. Save it wherever you want, giving extension '.bat' to a file
    Like "MBII kill.bat" or whatever
  4. Right-click on that new file => Create Shortcut
  5. Move that newly created link file to Desktop or to Start menu => Programs
    It's important to keep the shortcut in one of those places!
  6. Right-click on that link file => Properties => Shortcut => Shortcut key => enter a key combination you would like to use (Ctrl + Alt + Q, for example) => OK
    It's important to set up key combination only when link file is already in Start menu or on Desktop!
  7. Now when MBII freezes again, press that key combination you set previously.
    Movie Battles should be terminated instantly, and you will get access to Desktop.

It works fine on Windows XP, not sure will it on Win 10.
I hope it will.

Though all that isn't a real solution at all, it will only help you to unlock your computer, so it won't be necessary to restart it.
As I said before, only developers can get rid of those freezes, but it won't be easy.
Not easy at all, since there is no information about this issue; it's freezes, not crashes, so crash log isn't getting created.
Very sad :(.

thank you so much im gonna give this a test.

did a test run and while the file seems to run when i do the combination of keys, but it doesnt do anything to close the program so id ont know if it will only work whne i have the issue or it should work either way.

Last edited: