MB2 Community Event: Screenshot Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
MB2 has the habit of making screenshots look darker than they actually are in game, probably due to some gamma setting ignore thingy when pressing the screenshot button (I dunno just guessing). Therefore for shots from Lunar for example I'd recommend turning up the brightness / contrast a little bit. Lou's shot above is an example of what I mean: it's a fine shot but just way too dark. Other shots suffer from this a bit, too, in my opinion.

Helix

That wook screenshot ("I can't believe you've done this") reminds me of Stephen Hawking.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
MB2 has the habit of making screenshots look darker than they actually are in game, probably due to some gamma setting ignore thingy when pressing the screenshot button (I dunno just guessing). Therefore for shots from Lunar for example I'd recommend turning up the brightness / contrast a little bit. Lou's shot above is an example of what I mean: it's a fine shot but just way too dark. Other shots suffer from this a bit, too, in my opinion.
Gamma seems fine on everything so far (assuming default r_gamma which most people should use). Usually it's pretty easy to tell when that's messed up. At least in the case of jaMME, the screen capture process is modified so I'm betting that was fixed.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
All screenies seem to be taken with r_gamma 1 that brings default brightness and contrast. They are fine.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yep, if you can't see anything with r_gamma 1 even on dark maps you need a new monitor.

(Or to not play with a sun glare like an idiot, get some blinds)

I am using this thread as an excuse to post this
FFlqClQ.jpg

Serath

Donator
Are bullshots allowed for the competition? I'm thinking about booting up my photoshop... :)

10 minutes of not knowing what I'm doing(I just used smudge:)) and the first time I tried to draw with a mouse in 4 years:)

8zkEeXT.jpg

He's naked underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.