MapReview Blacony Dotf xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
paid*

Well that's the thing, there's no work required here - everyone would be happy if 1.3 dotf was simply added back, even if there were 1 or 2 weird textures in it. And don't forget, when it got removed, Mace promised to re-add it in a couple of months, and we see how that turned out.

Also, I really don't like how you make the devs look like saints who can do no wrong. Guess what, they can. And it's on us to call out bad decisions and bullshit when we see it, or this mod is gonna turn into fuck knows what before you know it.

In my personal opinion, the removal of old dotf was a horrible decision, probably the worst one in a very long time. Not only did it cause a massive backlash that still lingers to this day, it ruined the reception of dotf 2.0, which would have otherwise been received very warmly, as you can tell by the thread where it was first revealed.

It was a bad decision. It was called out by numerous people. And yet, to this day, Mace only CONSIDERS re-adding it, and doesn't admit that it was a bad call to remove it in the first place. It just seems like a big FUCK YOU, ya know? It might not be, but it sure seems like it.

"Don't like the new dotf? Well fuck you, the old one is coming back in 45 years cuz we're busy, and that's only if we're in a good mood".

I'm sure everyone understands that the devs are working on this part-time and for free. I'm sure that everyone is thankful for their work. I'm sure that everyone appreciates good content and changes when they come out.

But that doesn't free them from criticism and responsibility. They may be volunteers, but that doesn't mean that they can shit all over this mod if they wanted to, and expect us to be fine with it.

If they fuck up, we gonna call it out. If they make bad decisions, we gonna call it out. That's how it should be, and that's how it will be, no matter what.
Well fucking said man

Just bring Balcony DOTF instead of Classic DOTF in next release and end the discussion!
Mace:
3207s2.png

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I hope Mace realize he made mistake... why remove mostly played version of DOTF?

Oh gee wizz. I bet no one can figure out the answer to that. It's not cause I was trying to make a better map was it? No it can't be. It totally can't be because I wanted the opportunity to be able to see a vision trough.

The things that happened, that demotivated me including but not limited to, Apex, Zane, Reconfigured, etc starting their attacks on me and the map within the first 24 hours on the AOD server, are completely my fault. I'm sorry I have realized once I matured that consistently bashing someone and their work, is an effective method of getting them to do what you want.

Its good to know how the real world works, full of bad faith arguments, full of people that make those bad faith arguments, then make fun of community members for having similar flaws. I love that hypocrisy is alive and well here in 2019.

I have decided you will have DOTF classic by the end of the week. I'll make it a priority over my surgery.

Last edited:
Oh gee wizz. I bet no one can figure out the answer to that. It's not cause I was trying to make a better map was it? No it can't be. It totally can't be because I wanted the opportunity to be able to see a vision trough.

The things that happened, that demotivated me including but not limited to, Apex, Zane, Reconfigured, etc starting their attacks on me and the map within the first 24 hours on the AOD server, are completely my fault. I'm sorry I have realized once I matured that consistently bashing someone and their work, is an effective method of getting them to do what you want.

Its good to know how the real world works, full of bad faith arguments, full of people that make those bad faith arguments, then make fun of community members for having similar flaws. I love that hypocrisy is alive and well here in 2019.

I have decided you will have DOTF classic by the end of the week. I'll make it a priority over my surgery.
Its about damn time you realized that the world unfortunately works like that. And bud don't put a little star wars laser fighting game infront of the importance of your health thats just dumb dude. Your surgery is a priority but its up to you.

94769-clip-29kb.jpg

Guys, please stay on topic don't turn this into yet another Mace hating thread
I have decided you will have DOTF classic by the end of the week.
Finally! Thank you Mace for changing your attitude and listening to what actually community wants

Last edited:
Mace, trust me Im the lastest one who would criticize your awesome work you've made on new DOTF map. In the contrast of its critics, I belong to the group of people who are very thankful for what you've made for the MB2 community. It is old "classic" DOTF map who I think is really outdated and should be replaced by last "balcony" version which was very popular and I think it already deserved to be named "classic". I think it is really shame awesome map youve done before just rots in the garbage bin when most of the people would like to see it instead of outdated one :) That was my point.

Karus

Donator
It's not cause I was trying to make a better map was it? No it can't be. It totally can't be because I wanted the opportunity to be able to see a vision trough.
That still doesn't answer the question tho why remove the most played map?
Couldn't we just have both?
Balcony and new dotf?
There was legit no reason to remove it I think u did it out of spite but ok
I like both maps but I dont like u

That still doesn't answer the question tho why remove the most played map?
Couldn't we just have both?
Balcony and new dotf?
There was legit no reason to remove it I think u did it out of spite but ok
I like both maps but I dont like u

doesnt matter anymore tbh hes gonna add it now

Status
Not open for further replies.