Mando Love

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
We all know the Mando needs a bit of love. While I am aware they are getting some form of love soon I've just had this idea for a while.

Jetpack Fuel Rework
All Mandos now spawn in with a full tank of fuel by default. The difference here is the tank is now smaller and can only support one full length flight.(What I mean by that is flying until the auto shut off) The Jetpack Fuel points now determine the speed at which fuel is regenerated. I imagine it a bit like Stamina, but much slower. No points in Fuel have either extremely slow or no regeneration. Increasing levels speeds up the process. No clue on exact numbers but maybe something like at level 3 it regens at 150% of the time it takes for a complete flight. In my eyes this could encourage more airborne stunts by players and let them be less conservative with the precious guzzoline. It also opens up new avenues for builds by making Fuel 3 not so essential.

Sniper EE-3 Change
Have the Sniper upgrade for the EE-3 use separate ammo than the main gun. Either that or make it not use as much per shot while still requiring reload.

Wrist Laser Change
Shorten, not remove, that god awful delay before firing so it is a viable choice over the flame thrower.

Upgradeable Gauntlet
Maybe add some points that let the wrist gauntlet perform wall clings. Think of Jango's spikes on Kamino.

Those were my ideas but I read some others, can't remember by whom, that I really liked.
Jetpack activation when knocked down as a fast getup. You even see Jango do it on Kamino. Would have to be like a burst though and not controllable, subject to cooldowns.
Whipcord on wrist gauntlet. Used probably like Grip but no damage?

Put in dark saber as a melee weapon. Not really though. Pre Viszla was a douche.

I thought you said that the wrist rocket would be the choice only with lighter pack.
No, I said that if the Mando chose to opt for the lighter jetpack, he should have some extra firepower, since the heavy rocket comes integrated with the heavy jetpack, you can't buy it for the light jetpack. But since it's a wrist rocket, you can choose to also buy it with the heavy jetpack. But the Light jetpack doesn't come with a rocket (according to SWGs post). Wouldn't be a bad idea to make the main rocket also still purchasable for either jetpack.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
No, I said that if the Mando chose to opt for the lighter jetpack, he should have some extra firepower, since the heavy rocket comes integrated with the heavy jetpack, you can't buy it for the light jetpack. But since it's a wrist rocket, you can choose to also buy it with the heavy jetpack. But the Light jetpack doesn't come with a rocket (according to SWGs post). Wouldn't be a bad idea to make the main rocket also still purchasable for either jetpack.
Ah I read it as wrist rocket only with lighter pack. Optionally, if you read wookieepedia the smaller pack actually has a smaller rocket on it. Could just make it a faster flying but smaller explosion rocket for the smaller pack, while bigger pack has the big rocket. I really like the wrist rocket too but how would it work given our button sets... :/ The use combo seems like the only fit but it would turn the pack off.... It's a pickle.

Ah I read it as wrist rocket only with lighter pack. Optionally, if you read wookieepedia the smaller pack actually has a smaller rocket on it. Could just make it a faster flying but smaller explosion rocket for the smaller pack, while bigger pack has the big rocket. I really like the wrist rocket too but how would it work given our button sets... :/ The use combo seems like the only fit but it would turn the pack off.... It's a pickle.
The only other option I can think of is make it usable as class special 2, and you use weapon switch while in melee to switch to it. Unfortunately that isn't very reliable in a tight spot, but I'm not sure what other button it can be applied to other than Use Force.