Make classic dotf playable again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win in what way. Because they get what they demanded in the first place or because they feel satisfied for annoying someone

The latter, if they actually cared about the game more than flaming and their egos they'd not annoy and harass the developers and would try to get their way in an effective manner.
Now, they can claim that the developers don't listen to feedback and silenced them for no reason at all, yada, yada, and perpetuate their circlejerk.
Overall, a small victory for them and a clear defeat for everyone else.

Can we get some names on these so called "toxic individuals"? I havent seen much toxicity at all in this thread, and it's clear the overwhelming majority want the map back. Maybe these toxic individuals are fed up with the devs sacrificing the growth of the community because of their inflated egos, and are done asking nicely. It was clear from the beginning you had no intention of putting the classic map back regardless of the feedback. This is where the toxicity stems from. I believe this is why Tempest is probably the most respected dev at this point because he seems to be the most open to the communities ideas and wants. Dotf was always the clear favorite the day I started playing this game, and it's arguably one of the most balanced maps in the current map pool.

If a few "toxic" people can cause a dev to throw a tantrum and not re-add a highly demanded map, knowing full well he would be partially responsible for the decline in population of the community, this mod is in the worst state it's ever been.

so if devs listened in the first place there would be no need for ragemode from community members = everyones happy

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Maybe these toxic individuals are fed up with the devs sacrificing the growth of the community because of their inflated egos, and are done asking nicely.

The insults started HOURS after the map was released. Not enough time for people to form a full opinion and see all play options. I had multiple people come back 2 months later and say sorry because they realized the map is much better than they initially gave it credit for. But the point is, no one was 'done asking nicely" because that group of people never asked nicely in the first place.

Community Assistance
Like with everything we have ever made, nothing is perfect. Duel of the Fates Version 2 is no different. There are some things I would still like to work on or change but at this point I need to see how things play on live servers before I make more adjustments. Definitely expect changes to be made in the weeks and months after release based off of your feedback.

Before it even launched, I literally admitted it wasn't perfect and asked to be given the time to fix what was wrong. I was not given even a few hours before I was being insulted. Though technically I did get a few insults before it even launched due to removing catwalk but I don't really count that and knew it was going to happen.

It was clear from the beginning you had no intention of putting the classic map back regardless of the feedback.

Not entirely true. While I did say it wasn't coming back immediately around release because the new map needed time and we did that with previous map iterations as well (jt, tantive, comm, etc) I did also say that it could come back after the last round of revisions are made to the map. Which are in progress now. They would have been finished already and we might have seen classic back if it wasn't successful but I got severely demotivated as a result of the attacks. Negative feedback and criticism has never done that, but attacking me, saying my arguments are invalid with no basis of backing it up, threats against my person, that I felt like, why do I stress myself out so much over trying to make something good and perfect for free when a group of people who are just going to attack me for just trying to do something to make the game better. So instead of working on finishing up those last bit of tweaks and getting both the last revision out faster, and possibly classic back faster, I went to work on Warframe assets, things for my own game, and play more games in my spare time. I felt a lot better doing that because even though I still did things people didn't like or were unhappy with, they weren't like some people here are.

If a few "toxic" people can cause a dev to throw a tantrum and not re-add a highly demanded map,

This is exactly the kind of crap I am talking about. Immediately assuming that because someone makes a decision that isn't agreed with, that the developer is throwing a tantrum. There was no emotions at all going on during the decision. There was no tantrum, and I was actually laughing when I wrote that because I knew exactly how you all would act and you all took the troll bait.

Last edited:
why is it necessary to wait for your "final tweaks" in order for classic dotf to "possibly" be added back? it's been long enough. i really don't understand your logic. it's going on a year since this "update" and it's about time that classic dotf makes a return. i don't understand why you're so against that. or why it's your decision if it makes a return in the first place? the large amount of players that want the old version back in the game are not interested in your tweaks at this point. it's been a year, just add the damn thing back. why is this up for debate anymore?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5707

he's delaying because he thinks he is getting back at all the people who were pestering him about it.

got us good with the old "this is the last time i will be publicly humiliated"

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
why is it necessary to wait for your "final tweaks" in order for classic dotf to "possibly" be added back?

I already explained this to you

it's been long enough. i really don't understand your logic.

You've never cared to try to understand the logic, because it simply isn't what you want. You don't want another answer and you have proven that many times already.

or why it's your decision if it makes a return in the first place?

Because I am lead level designer and because I helped to create the DOTF you also want back. It baffles me that you all don't get the fact that the people who made this new DOTF also created the DOTF you love.

Last edited:
it has been a year since removing the better version from the game. i am aware you helped create the dotf i want back, but is that supposed to give you the right to withhold it from the community solely because you took part in creating it? you have had more than enough time for feedback. it would take 5 minutes to add a classic version but you're petty.

the last time i even bothered posting about adding a classic dotf was 1 month away from 1 year ago. here i am again because after this long it should have been added back in. you're petty.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
it would take 5 minutes to add a classic version but you're petty.

Yay more "I don't know what I'm talking about". Because you definitely need to rename and change some texture paths, recompile the map, etc for proper compatibility. Definitely takes 5 minutes (not).

Yes you can get it to work without that, but not without the two maps interfering with eachother.

yes let me grovel to this baby who's withholding the best map the game had to offer, for the most petty of reasons

i waited patiently for a year after my original request to add old dotf back. he originally responded saying "a few months". still waited a year without posting anything. i don't think anyone should have to wait any longer and it's ridiculous that it's still up for debate. it's 2018 the game isn't going to last forfuckingever. give the players what they've asked for. it's been one year, that is long enough and if you don't realize that, it's fucking sad. the game isn't going to always be here. give people the option to play what they fucking want.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
How very mature of you. You're right, he owes you so much and acting entitled / insulting him is really going to help your case.

that's what you take away from that? yes i am specifically saying he owes ME the map. not like the community that keeps this game alive, people that have played for years, are at least owed a fucking map that they asked be added back in over a year ago... we have waited patiently for an entire year. a year is a long time especially given how long mb2 likely has left. and yet, he is still not willing to add the map back in. he is being petty and selfish at this point and that is pretty obvious.

you'd think the dev team would be eager to add dotf classic by now given the current state of the game. not sure what it's going to take to get through to anyone with some kind of power on the team but someone needs to overrule mace and add it back in. acting in his own best interest rather than the best interest of the game.

moviebattles isn't going to be here forever. for those of us that still play, veteran or not, we deserve the option to play a classic crowd favorite for whatever time we have left

Last edited:
I can completely understand that you'd want the new version of DOTF to be clearly finished and tweaked to its optimal form before re-releasing the original version and basically taking the risk of having the former, in which you poured a considerable amount of effort and time ( it introduces some good ideas and is very aesthetically pleasing, I wouldn't have thought it was possible on Q3A engine tbh ), inevitably lose out to the latter, the map people have played such a long time with. You'd have taken the risk of wasting time and effort for poor reasons, and I'm sure a silent part of the community can understand that logic.

Nobody seems to remember how the old DOTF used to be despised by a large part of the same vocal minority who asked it to be brought back later, but whatever, that's not the subject at hand..

However, taking the whole community hostage because of some individuals who harassed you ( names are easy to figure out, but that was mostly limited to Discord, and inflammatory forum posts probably have gotten deleted ) even though you say it's a cold calculated decision, is irrational and effectively makes those trolls win in the long run - since you lose all credibility and end up annoying people that originally sided with you.

Really, I genuinely sympathize with your situation and I wouldn't want to be in your spot, but this is stupid. I hope you can find the motivation in order to put the final touches on the latest revision and put the old map back in so that this ongoing non-sense can be put to rest once and for all.

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
None of you are old enough to remember the utter tantrum people made with classic theed streets when the new version replaced it.

Badgering the mapper is going to motivate exactly 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.