Lt.Claim's workshop

Hello everyone, i must say i'm very happy to finally be able to be back on MB2 forum ! This means i can share once again with you all the ports, frankensteins and retexture i'm working on ! Yes, it's that thread where Lt.Claim show pictures of nice models he has stitched together !

You know, I love MB2 so much i taught myself a certain set a skills for one objective : having all my favorite characters ( read : stormtroopers) in the game ! and while so far it meant a lot of porting i'm happy to announce the really real start of the development of the Claim FA pack i've been teasing for years ! I still have to check the hmm ... legitimacy (?) of my project, but prepare to see your favorite maps get the brilliant FA they deserve, with tons of custom models, weapons and classes that even have the good taste of staying in the Star wars universe !

I know of course making good FAs is REALLY hard, balance-wise, testing-wise, publicity-wise, credit-wise ... But i'll do my best to make my project work !

But don't worry, i won't just bore you with FA specs, i'll post tons of teaser images of the model i've done, just like the old thread. in fact, i'll start right now :

you are probably aware of the new Battlefront game that's coming ? yeah well, let's say i mangaged to get some of their gun model early and jammed them into JKA

yes ! new guns for the boys in white, and even a nice red paint for the "shocktroopers"... more to come !

and if you Looove spoilers, you can check my photobucket to see all the model's i've done in the past and some i'm working on right now !
http://s556.photobucket.com/user/lt_claim/library/

Upvote 0
ZZzzzzz ... ZZzzzz ..
Gneh ?!
what ? who ? me ? huh sure progress, progress ... if i remember correctly last time i updated, like a million years ago, i was working on snowtrooper or something to make my FA pack ... i'm sad to announce, i haven't worked on MB2 stuff recently at all, principaly because of a problem with my computer's Hard drive . I didn't lose much work , be it FA or models, but i lost all the softwares i used to make them , and i guess i was too lasy to re-install them all ... but yeah , i should get back to work, i promised so many things so long ago, i'd be the king of the assholes if i didn't deliver :p
I'm also on holidays so technically i should have time to work ... ok ! le'ts get back to work !

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
can you reupload all files like the shadow guard and saber guard?

Okay okay, before i get back to work making FAs , I decided to release to the public some of my favourite works i've done : this is the claimmodelpack, a compilation of just models that I will use and that i ported or frankensteined myself . It includes LOTS of imperials, mostly troopers. You'll get :
-my darktrooper port;
-my imperial guard port (red, blue and black);
-my navy commando port (including officer);
-my purge trooper port;
-my rebel saboteur port (with various heads and species, including sullustan, bothan and moncal)
-my riot trooper port;
-my saberguard port;
-my sith acolyte port;
-my big WIP snowtrooper port (with various different type, inspired by stormtrooper variations);
-my terrortrooper port;
and last but not least, my supertrooper uber project, a modification of the great stormtrooper model made by DT85 with extensive customisation, alowing it to represent : normal stormtrooper, stormtrooper officers, sandtroopers, stormtrooper commander*, incinerator trooper*, shadow stormtroopers* (both TFU and BF style) , stormtrooper with jumppacks, jumptroopers (both TFU styles), evo troopers, shadow evotroopers, magma troopers, heavy troopers, shock troopers* (both BF and SWG style) and nova troopers.
Note that some of the skin i borrowed from Barricade24 (because he's a lot better at skinning then me ! this includes all models marked with a *, to be clear).
I don't think i can give credit to everyone i took model parts from, i'm sorry (i'm particularily thinking about the rebel saboteur model...) but i don't take any credits anyway, those are mostly ports.
This selection of models will give you idea on what my FA will look like !
There, sorry it took so long for me to share those, i hope this will help you wait a bit ! have fun with those.
Almost forgot, here's the link ! Claimmodelpack.pk3

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
thanks m8, you have really made a good contribution to the community

I released it so you're free to use it as you want, as long as you don't say you made it yourself ;) .
If you want to use it outside MB2, help yourself , i already seen some of my work on MODDB anyway ^^

oh, yeah, there are weapons too, forgot about that ... ported from the new battlefront game and the canceled battlefront 3 game ...

Hi Claim!- As a fan of your efforts, I just want to note that most of your models has problems with the armpits. This little issue makes them look way worse, you know - hope you have enough time and dedication to pay your attention to this problem.

Best wishes,
St.Ivan.

Claim, i don't know if you have time for this, but could you port the The Force Unleashed Stormtrooper from the Kashyyyk Prologue?

24.jpg

High Resolution - Kashyyyk Stormtrooper Images (35 Images) - Kashyyyk Stormtrooper

Hey ! i started working on the kashyyk trooper and it turned out to be harder than i thought ^^ : the head model exploses the polycount, which is weird because i had no problem with the evo and jump trooper's head ... so yeah i'll try to figure something out ...
Aas for what darth stiv said, i agree that i screwed up a bit the armpit of some models, it's one of the area of the body i have the most problem when porting . i most of the time decide not to spend ages on them because i do mostly troopers and they don't swing their arm that much but i can see how you'd see problems with saber animations. i don't have much going on right now so i could try to improve those arms a bit... if someone could tell me which models needs it the most that'd help ... i made a lot and i don't even know which ones people like / use ...

Mostly this problems, mate:
TOR_Solider.jpg

- goddamnit, no comments here :)
TOR_Solider2.jpg

- same issue with the SuperTrooper, but well, nothing serious here.
TOR_Solider3.jpg

- here you can see a bit more serious fault with weighting those plate on his back.