•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Lag everytime someone connects

As the title says my game stops for about a second every time someone connects. I had this issue before and I can't remember what fixed it.
The issue happened right after the 1.4.1 patch. Or maybe it has something to do with me reinstalling the game at the same time.
It already cost me countless kills :(

Halp.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
From technical point of view, it is cause by model being loaded when someone chooses it (or game choose it for her/him), in situation, when you haven't had a chance to load this model during said play session (or it got swapped out of memory already).

defer option (which is also accessible from GUI, in-game settings) makes all this loading happen between rounds, so it may result in funny things (like wrong models until new round), but at least it saves you from deadly spike.

/Cat Lady

ent

Movie Battles II Team
it's not entirely related, but i wanted to ask about "force player models" option
does it even work? it's supposed to limit amount of loaded models, right?
Such a feature exists in vanilla JA, and replaces all the models with yours. It does not exist in MBII because of the design of the mod and it would work weird with some models like SBD and Droideka.
And yeah, that feature would prevent loading the other models.