Lack of "Playable" maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, what is the implication of your post even supposed to be? that you will make deathstar unenjoyable enough that other servers will get populated? that might be a funny joke if it wasn't coming from a dev team that removed one of the most popular maps in the community and denied us the ability to easily play it for the better part of two years. it is truly incredible how disconnected you guys are from your own community, and how obtuse you are when it comes to how people may react to what you do.
you know lindsay is a frequent visitor of our deathstar server, right? they're shitposting

Basically almost none of the maps have been hard tested for competitive (smart) play or game balance and the ones that work do so by coincidence. People enjoyed playing DOTF (Old Version) because no matter how smart or casual you played it the different hallways and objective areas led to satisfying combat for a variety of classes. The reason Death Star is popular besides the community being brain damaged is that the map is a Jedi/Sith paradise with tiny little hallways and corners and boxes to hide behind so as long as that class remains like it is the map will be the favorite of most of the community, who never play gunner, for the balance reasons I stated on the last major patch thread.
actually deathstar is good for gunners too because there's more than enough cover and short hallways to cuck the shit out of snipers, which is why it's better than dotf

i unironically think dotf players need to be liberated from dotf, the same way america tried to liberate countries from communism

i 100% believe this, dotf is such a terrible fucking map

actually deathstar is good for gunners too because there's more than enough cover and short hallways to cuck the shit out of snipers, which is why it's better than dotf

i unironically think dotf players need to be liberated from dotf, the same way america tried to liberate countries from communism

again, if players want to play dotf then let them play dotf. there are other servers if they don't want to.

you know lindsay is a frequent visitor of our deathstar server, right? they're shitposting

You know how I know you have no idea what you are talking about? Complaining about snipers in mb2. When there is a sniper hallway with each team testing each others skill, the saberist must actually slow down and if their sniper loses the duel they have to fall back. On Deathstar they just jump roll behind some boxes, wall jump from bridge to lower, down elevator shafts, and on top of falcon and don't actually have to play the video game. Dotf Classic sustained the pop of this game for a decade for a reason. There is also a reason no one plays new dotf and it isn't some mental conspiracy, it is because the moment to moment gameplay is bad.

When snipers are holding a point it actually gives value to using the flanks, provided that flank actually exists on the map. And if you have a support jedi with a brain stem you can use them as cover and suppress the sniper with your gun.

In any case a forced rtv mode cant be implemented within the game because of how the server file system works and can be mitigated by server owners in about a dozen ways so this whole discussion is pointless. If you want to implement a competitive play a bunch of maps mode, I would fix the class balance where Imperials have a hard jedi counter and rebels don't before even thinking about it. And if you do implement such a mode understand that outside of a small handful of maps, the vast majority are not competitive on any level.

*clap* devs *clap* playtest *clap* your game *clap* with scrims *clap* instead of theorycrafting *clap*

LMAO

NO WAY

Are we seeing the beginning of a new map drama only 6 days after the DOTF drama has been resolved?

I love this mod
it's almost like a parody at this point.

Attachments

• neverlearn.jpg
    neverlearn.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 247
If devs think the current state of NA servers is a problem then just remove those servers from masterlist until they fix their problem. It's clear from previous posts that for TR server owner (?) there is no problem with 24/7 Deathstar being always populated and RTV servers being dead. If he wanted for RTV servers to be populated and have his Deathstar he'd talk to Frenzy about that PHP script and not frantically defend 24/7 Deathstar as not being a problem for RTV servers. There's no point continuing this discussion because Faux already had his mind made up about this before this spam started. You won't convince him.
Players can try populating RTV servers but at the end of the day, TR server will triumph because RTV servers lose some population on bad maps and with mediocre, monotonous and familiar deathstar sitting on server list annoyed at bad map player's choice is obvious. Also, RTV servers must be populated from morning or there's no chance they'll be fully populated in the evening.
At the end of the day, there's nothing players can do to permanently change the current situation. Only masterlist owner is above server owner. Just do it. The worst that can happen is you'll get to hand out ~10 bans in a day. Also, that'd be funny.
😂

there's nothing players can do to permanently change the current situation
they can play on RTV servers. that's what i do when i want to play RTV. as has already been posted in this thread, there are already NA servers that feature a rotation, and RTV function, that get populated daily. instead of focusing on how deathstar magically steals all the population away, why dont you focus on the popular rotation server that bans players for getting 3 kills in a row? i dont see anybody complaining about that, although in my opinion it is considerably more destructive to the community of players who want to play other maps than a 24/7 deathstar server is.

also, forcing others to play the game in a certain manner so that it aligns with your vision of what is fun is lame. if all it takes to become a big powerful decision maker for the fate of the mb2 community is to become a server owner, why don't you rent out a server? i dont see you paying money every month to support RTV and Rotation servers, like tR does. in fact, i dont even see you sit afk in RTV or rotation servers for hours at a time in an attempt to populate them, like i do when i want to play RTV. put your money where your mouth is. or are you just going to complain about an issue you have done absolutely nothing to solve?

Just do it. The worst that can happen is you'll get to hand out ~10 bans in a day. Also, that'd be funny. 😂
roughly translates to: "please ban everyone who doesn't want to play the game exactly the way I do". you disgust me.

Last edited:
When there is a sniper hallway with each team testing each others skill
It's more like the jedi kind of just awkwardly walk down the hallway at eachother and try to duel while the snipers try their hardest to get some fragvideo footage. Not uncommon for the jedi to get their shit shot during this honestly.

When snipers are holding a point it actually gives value to using the flanks
dotf's setup time is generous enough to allow for several snipers at both main and gen room, especially mandos on the upper level catwalks. you aren't "giving value" to flanks because literally every route is just more fucking snipers

On Deathstar they just jump roll behind some boxes, wall jump from bridge to lower, down elevator shafts, and on top of falcon and don't actually have to play the video game.
The jedi? The jedi will do that shit regardless of map. I sure as hell know our bounty hunters aren't wall jumping. Getting your shit pushed in and running away is core jedi playstyle.

-Boxes
Chase them. Jedi usually do that shit because they're low+desperate so don't let them regen that shit. Killing a jedi means being 3x more of a man than he is. Boxes are inferior to corners because you're still immediately next to the gunner that got you that low and as such only have the illusion of actually being safe.

-jump bridge->lower

I don't actually get what the problem is here. Jedi is a weird class and it gets to do weirdass shit like that. Like all you've done is point out a fairly normal stall tactic they use for getting the fuck out of shortroute. This would be like if I bitched about jedi jumping up onto catwalks or genroom upper. They're jedi. They get to do pussy shit like that.

-down elevator shafts

There's a handful of these. Two of them can potentially kill the jedi (both hangars, due to potshots and fall damage) and the other three are relatively minor (control, both bridges)

Control can be skipped entirely by taking stairs and main route bridge is fine as long as you actually protect the upper bridge. If your team "fails to test the other team's skill" and loses control of upper bridge then what comes next shouldn't be a surprise to you.

-falcon

Falcon is an enormous fucking meme. Both solds, arc, hero, and mando can physically get onto falcon. The four classes with snipers have the ability to snipe a dueling jedi and end this shit at a moment's notice, and they frequently do. Falcon is a shitpost and it doesn't actually let you assert control over the objective.
->Sith
cannot protect the control room from falcon
->Jedi
cannot hack the falcon/control from on top of falcon

1579893507977.png

If devs think the current state of NA servers is a problem then just remove those servers from masterlist until they fix their problem. It's clear from previous posts that for TR server owner (?) there is no problem with 24/7 Deathstar being always populated and RTV servers being dead. If he wanted for RTV servers to be populated and have his Deathstar he'd talk to Frenzy about that PHP script and not frantically defend 24/7 Deathstar as not being a problem for RTV servers. There's no point continuing this discussion because Faux already had his mind made up about this before this spam started. You won't convince him.
Players can try populating RTV servers but at the end of the day, TR server will triumph because RTV servers lose some population on bad maps and with mediocre, monotonous and familiar deathstar sitting on server list annoyed at bad map player's choice is obvious. Also, RTV servers must be populated from morning or there's no chance they'll be fully populated in the evening.
At the end of the day, there's nothing players can do to permanently change the current situation. Only masterlist owner is above server owner. Just do it. The worst that can happen is you'll get to hand out ~10 bans in a day. Also, that'd be funny.
😂

you've got to be kidding me

you've got to be kidding me
unfortunately no, i think that is the level of cognitive dissonance we are dealing with here.

he blames server owners for "forcing" their way upon the community, yet refuses to pay for a server, or to even try to populate one and instead wants the devs to ban all players that do not want to play the game exactly the way he does. and yet he has himself convinced that tR is the one to blame, and not people like him who contribute nothing other than whining.

and on top of all of it, he wants the devs to force his preferences upon the playerbase, which is ironically the same terrible sin he is accusing tR of.

Lol I remember the last time tR was removed from the master server list :)
not happening again. that was because of some stupid bullshit our first leader pulled. we play by the rules, and devs don't have plans to enact some master plan to change the way players connect to servers, i've already spoken to the dev lead in private. this thread just contains the personal opinions of some select members of the dev team

not happening again. that was because of some stupid bullshit our first leader pulled. we play by the rules, and devs don't have plans to enact some master plan to change the way players connect to servers, i've already spoken to the dev lead in private. this thread just contains the personal opinions of some select members of the dev team

Tfw you're literally the first leader

Status
Not open for further replies.