Jedi Outcast 2 demo hangar map

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Can you even find JK:O Demo anywhere online? You can probs only remake map or rip from CD or somethin.

Can you even find JK:O Demo anywhere online? You can probs only remake map or rip from CD or somethin.
Yeah actually you can just google the outcast demo.
Demos were a big marketing tool for websites back in the day.
Remember demo disks being a thing?
http://mlb-s1-p.mlstatic.com/cd-rom-pc-gamer-brasil-20-games-13910-MLB218036647_1644-F.jpg
http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/75/Killcreekpca.jpg

If websites had paper back subscriptions, sometimes you would get disks in your mags back section.
And it had like wallpapers, cursors, promotional videos. I remember getting the original homeworld demo from I think a pcgamer magazine, and a tribes two 7 day trial.

Last edited:
Ah yes this level. From the bygone era when game publishers actually released demos instead of duping people into being unpaid beta testers (or even paying to be beta testers...).

My uncle used to be a beta tester, its how I got a shitload of free samples. He lost his job in like 08 or 9?
I think thats when people started using free beaters. I remember people signing up with thier email addresses to beta test unreleased games for free.

Now today the only testing done internally is people at the studios, because before they contracted offices to test the games for over a designated time-frame. Nintendo was like the only company back in the day that never contracted testing groups, and internally tested everything themselves. While thier competitors at sony frequently contracted my uncles studio. I think he worked for Eidos at some point.

Last edited:
Ah, the memories. Would love to play on it. When JKO's demo came out it had such a hype

yeh i can remember a younger me buying the monthly xbox mag where you would get a demo disk with like 3 demos on it shame the vast majority of developers are money grabbing scumbags now

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
yeh i can remember a younger me buying the monthly xbox mag where you would get a demo disk with like 3 demos on it
(...)
shame the vast majority of developers are money grabbing scumbags now

How the hell is it even related? 0_o?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I think there was a JK2 multiplayer map that was the same hangar with added crates. Or, you could just use MB2's star destroyer map. It's essentially the same thing.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Yeah I remember that map being a duel map in JKO.
Also we dont need the .map we can always decompile and hand add any specific entities to make it work with mb2 as long as it's minimal. That's how people would do the xmas aod afaik @Cat Lady , still a .map would be ideal.

Cat Lady

Also we dont need the .map we can always decompile and hand add any specific entities to make it work with mb2 as long as it's minimal.

Haven't we been through this discussion on the "old hoth" map topic? IIRC, conclusion was that decompiling is obviously possible, but would require sh...load of work afterwards (basically, making decompile more useful as a reference to redo map from scratch, as it breaks objects in new .map file according to VIS component, not according to how they were made in first place) and no one is interested in picking it up over more gain <-> effort ratio things. Unless, obviously, people wanting this map in first place, take the challenge and do it themselves.

/Cat Lady