•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] jaMME capturing problem

I am experiencing problems when capturing videos with jaMME. When the video starts capturing, I either experience extreme lagging, or the game speeds up - when capturing .avi the game starts lagging and when capturing .jpg 30 fps the game speeds up. The videos that are saved in the .avi format cannot be opened, and the screenshots in the .jpg format are completely black. I've tried with /capture avi 30 name, /capture avi 60 name and /capture jpg 30 name.

Do screenshots (jpg, png, tga) appear black?
Yes.
Are videos black in VLC and PotPlayer?
More like invisible, only the background of the player is shown. VLC doesn't have a black background, so there the videos aren't black.
When using pipe if you change a value of "-pix_fmt" to "yuv422p" in mme_pipeCommand (before capturing), does the video appear black?
Yes, they appear the same as before, invisible, black. They sometimes can have an unusually low size measuring in kilobytes too.

Here is one video and one screenshot in the attachment (the .wav sound files are ok, they appear as they should):

Attachments

• Videos and SSs.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 180

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Well, if the screenshots are black, then it is the problem with your video driver. And according to your config, you have Intel HD 4000, and there are some problems with Intel.
Try another driver mebbe.
Does it work fine with 640x480 resolution? Or any 4:3?
Does "screenshot" command capture screenshots fine?

Well, if the screenshots are black, then it is the problem with your video driver. And according to your config, you have Intel HD 4000, and there are some problems with Intel.
Try another driver mebbe.
Does it work fine with 640x480 resolution? Or any 4:3?
Does "screenshot" command capture screenshots fine?
I have the latest drivers, both nvidia and intel driver.
It works fine in a 4:3 resolution, I tried with 1024x768.
The screenshot command is buggy too. Here's one screenshot:
shot.0000.jpg

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Try previous drivers.
The command cannot be buggy - it is just a command. The output is buggy.
Is that non 4:3 screenshot above?
What happens with "screenshotPNG", "screenshotTGA", "screenshotJPG"?

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Why do you have nvidia driver if your game uses Intel GPU? Or do you have 2 GPUs? If so maybe it's time to try to make the game use the nVidia one?

Try previous drivers.
I would rather shoot in a 4:3 resolution than do that only for the purpose of making these videos.
The command cannot be buggy - it is just a command. The output is buggy.
I meant it's buggy for me, not in general.
Is that non 4:3 screenshot above?
Yes. By the way, in MB2 screenshotting works properly.
What happens with "screenshotPNG", "screenshotTGA", "screenshotJPG"?
That one above is screenshotJPEG, with PNG and TGA it's the same, except there is some colour.
Why do you have nvidia driver if your game uses Intel GPU? Or do you have 2 GPUs? If so maybe it's time to try to make the game use the nVidia one?
My laptop has two display adapters: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 710M. I don't know how to make the game use the NVIDIA one.

Made the game use the NVIDIA GPU and also made the NVIDIA GPU the default GPU, just in case, so that all programs run with it, and capturing in widescreen resolution still doesn't work, it's the same as with the Intel GPU.
I've also noticed that the cmd.exe command prompt appears when I type in the capture command, so maybe it is capturing the black command prompt, and that's why the videos and screenshots come up like this.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The screenshot command is buggy too. Here's one screenshot:
Your screenshot is looking very like some videos after I tried to convert them to other formats.
The point is that some video codecs doesn't support decoding video which dimensions aren't dividing by 4, except for playback.
And width of your screenshot is 1366 px, it cannot be divided by four.

I dunno how you can use this information, I'm just saying.
But you could try windowed mode with 1364 x 768 resolution...

r_lastValidRenderer is nvidia?
Yes, but I didn't change it there. I changed it in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
The console window belongs to ffmpeg. Unrelated.
It appears when I shoot avi videos now too since I installed ffmpeg.
Your screenshot is looking very like some videos after I tried to convert them to other formats.
The point is that some video codecs doesn't support decoding video which dimensions aren't dividing by 4, except for playback.
And width of your screenshot is 1366 px, it cannot be divided by four.

I dunno how you can use this information, I'm just saying.
But you could try windowed mode with 1364 x 768 resolution...
OMG, it works! Thanks so much!