•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] jaMME capturing problem

I am experiencing problems when capturing videos with jaMME. When the video starts capturing, I either experience extreme lagging, or the game speeds up - when capturing .avi the game starts lagging and when capturing .jpg 30 fps the game speeds up. The videos that are saved in the .avi format cannot be opened, and the screenshots in the .jpg format are completely black. I've tried with /capture avi 30 name, /capture avi 60 name and /capture jpg 30 name.

make sure your cvars regarding capture are set properly

btw. are you trying to record in a widescreen resolution? i had similiar problems some time ago, recording in 4:3 helped

oh btw dont worry about slowdowns, its perfectly normal
also, try opening the output files with few different programs to make sure they are indeed unopenable

Maybe you tried to open avi before it "capture stop" or demo completion?
I bound the key for stopping the demo and used it always before opening the video. This problem was there for several videos, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
I will try that, but I don't know how to return to my old widescreen resolution in jaMME. I've tried with r_customwidth and r_customheight, and changing those vaules in the configuration files, but nothing works, and the Setup menu in jaMME doesn't contain widescreen resolutions. JaMME used the MB2 resolution when I installed it, but now that I changed the resolution, I can't turn it back. Changing the resolution in MB2 doesn't help either as the resolutions from two mods seem unconnected.

I can't post the screenshots unless I break it again, so I will try to explain it:
The demos were shot in widescreen resolution. Then, since capturing in widescreen resolution was bugged, I changed the resolution in jaMME to a 4:3 resolution. After that, I wanted to change it back to widescreen to see if pipe works in widescreen. I typed in console r_customwidth 1366, r_customheight 768, and when I typed in r_mode -1 to finally make it widescreen, the in-game ui in demos got bugged up by being somehow compressed in width, and with the ui numbers (health, etc.) looking strangely compressed, so you could hardly see what they were.
To fix this, I removed jaMME and other files related to it, run a "Check integrity on start" check in the launcher to restore any deleted files, and reinstalled jaMME. Then, I went "undercover" in that aforementioned bugged mode of jaMME with the MB2 menu which has all the letters cramped in the upper left corner of the screen (MB2 Moments and Gameplay videos), that happens when you don't "copy uix86.dll to mmeMBII folder from mme folder", navigated my way to where the Widescreen UI should be in the Setup menu and clicked it twice to reset it (this Widescreen UI option can only be seen and changed in the bugged mode). After that, I "copied cgamex86.dll to mmeMBII folder from MBII folder, and copied uix86.dll to mmeMBII folder from mme folder" to make jaMME normal and working and started jaMME from the launcher, and the ui issue was fixed - the ui was normal again.

By the way, after that, I tried capturing several demos with the pipeline feature in the widescreen resolution, and I had that same problem I mentioned in the first post of this thread (Technical Issue - jaMME capturing problem) - the videos were completely black.

So you just disabled widescreen ui fix?
I don't know what exactly fixed it, I did several things to fix it to be sure, as described above. I didn't disable the Widescreen UI, I disabled it and then enabled it again to reset it.
By the way, I just checked, changing the Widescreen UI setting on my resolution seems to do nothing, the UI is the same always.
only related to
Yes, I replied to that.

Back to my first problem that still exists, I still need a way to fix video capturing in my widescreen resolution - the videos it captures are either completely black in some programs, or cannot be opened in some other programs. When I switch to a 4:3 resolution, video capturing works, and the videos are captured properly, except that they are not in a widescreen resolution.

I tried capturing with /capture avi 60 name, /capture avi 30 name, /capture jpg 30 name, /capture pipe 60 name. First, I stop the game by clicking C, then type in the capture command in the console, then click C to unpause again, wait for the capturing, and then click F2 to stop capturing. After that, I wait a little to be sure it's saved, and exit the game to check the videos.
Here are the configs from the mmeMBII and mme folders and the ffmpeglog in the attachment:

Attachments

• Configs and logs.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 191

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Do screenshots (jpg, png, tga) appear black?
Are videos black in VLC and PotPlayer?
When using pipe if you change a value of "-pix_fmt" to "yuv422p" in mme_pipeCommand (before capturing), does the video appear black?