I haven't played MBII consistently for 3 years, here's why.

Why nerf swingblock? It's already harder to swingblock combos because careful tap timing is required and it deals less BP dmg from what I know. And even then it's still not foulproof because good slappers will always manage to hit you in that small gap between mouse1/mouse2.
It's an essential mechanic in dueling and imo it shouldn't be touched. There are other things to be worried about and focused on.

Why nerf swingblock? It's already harder to swingblock combos because careful tap timing is required and it deals less BP dmg from what I know. And even then it's still not foulproof because good slappers will always manage to hit you in that small gap between mouse1/mouse2.
It's an essential mechanic in dueling and imo it shouldn't be touched. There are other things to be worried about and focused on.
finally another wiseguy

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

It isn't difficult to swingblock combos. It's just simple muscle memory. I know plenty of people, myself included, that can do it. However, the effects are annoying. It is also scriptable, by the way.

It might seem simple to us that have learned it, but there are many players struggling with it. It's not super hard, but it ain't a blue milk run either. It comes with a reward of being harder to slap and disarmed but also at a price of lower BP damage and that small risk of still getting knocked down if the opponent times the slap right. Seems balanced to me.
And I don't know if it is scriptable or not, I'm not into that sort of things but I assume it's not the only thing that's "scriptable". There's a guy running around working on creating an auto PB hack.. maybe it's all talk, but maybe not, should we nerf PBing too then? :)

It might seem simple to us that have learned it, but there are many players struggling with it. It's not super hard, but it ain't a blue milk run either. It comes with a reward of being harder to slap and disarmed but also at a price of lower BP damage and that small risk of still getting knocked down if the opponent times the slap right. Seems balanced to me.
And I don't know if it is scriptable or not, I'm not into that sort of things but I assume it's not the only thing that's "scriptable". There's a guy running around working on creating an auto PB hack.. maybe it's all talk, but maybe not, should we nerf PBing too then? :)
Jerec?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@PuNk
Actually from the last thread I read, swingblocks do more damage than not swingblocking, can a dev confirm this?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

My nerf to swingblock would make it easier to learn, and level the playing field a bit in that regard. Skill would still be skill. Swingblock would become something that you have to think about, rather than something you just do because you can.

My nerf to swingblock would make it easier to learn, and level the playing field a bit in that regard. Skill would still be skill. Swingblock would become something that you have to think about, rather than something you just do because you can.
What are these changes Dook??

i will come back and read this whole thread later but my 2 cents: knockdown is an important and hilarious part of this game. However, Its often abused, so a player cannot defend themself against it. I am well aware that there are lots of ways to counter knockdown from blobs, push, melee and such. It just seems too many things knock you down too often and for a gunner without the ability to roll out of a knockdown it seems like it ruins the fun. I enjoy that you have to walk, crouch to stop from getting pushed or kicked down to the ground. Knockdown is a lot of fun and an important part of then game... but do we need to spam it to have "skill"?