I can't believe this is still here

Welcome back dude! it seems old MB2 vets are making a comeback which is nice to see.
I legitimately wish I was making a comeback to the game itself. Maybe someday in the not too distant future. But for now I do not have the setup available to do so. I do miss the hell out of MB2, though. Many fond memories from a million years ago.

Just got back from the North American National Championships this weekend.

My overall performance was mostly mediocre. But it WAS my first Nationals performance.

The middle weight class (105kg/231 pounds) had 74 competitors. I placed 46th overall, so bottom 50%.

Day 1

I placed 62nd in Event 1 - 700 pound / 317.5 kg Yoke carry for 120 feet / 36.5 meters, 60 second time limit.

I placed 58th in Event 2 - Sandbag Toss Over Bar w/ 35, 40, 45, 50 pound sand bags (16, 18, 20, 23 kgs) over a 15 foot / 4.57 meter bar

And I placed 59th in Event 3 - 375 pound / 170 kg Husafell Carry for max distance no time limit. I should have done a lot better on this one, but because the judge in my lane wasn't very good, there was some confusion after I made my turn at 120 feet / 36.5 meters. So he made me turn and go back and touch the line again cause he didn't think I did. But all that turning with 375 pounds on my chest took too much out of me. It cost me about 20 places.

Day 2 was my fucking day

I placed 21st in Event 4 - 286 pound / 130 kg Log Clean and Press for reps in 60 seconds (clean each rep)

And I tied for 13th in Event 5 - Last Man Standing Deadlift with a HUGE PR of 719 pounds / 326 kg (44 pound PR)

Here's the Deadlift video for anyone interested. It shows my lifts at 653 pounds / 296 kg, 686 pounds / 311 kg and 719 pounds / 326 kg. The other events are also posted on my IG page:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Welcome back Pilo :D

I see your powers have doubled since the last time we met.

I'm also sitting pretty at the ripe age of 30, but there's something amazing about MB2 that always manages to capture my imagination and excitement.

Welcome back Pilo :D

I see your powers have doubled since the last time we met.

I'm also sitting pretty at the ripe age of 30, but there's something amazing about MB2 that always manages to capture my imagination and excitement.
Eyyyyyyyyyy another familiar face from way way back. I'll be 32 in a few months, but I would love to play MB2 again in the not-too-distant future like I did when I was a freshman in high school. Still the best Star Wars game of all time.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Eyyyyyyyyyy another familiar face from way way back. I'll be 32 in a few months, but I would love to play MB2 again in the not-too-distant future like I did when I was a freshman in high school. Still the best Star Wars game of all time.
Luckily you don't need the biggest monster rig to run MB2 ;) At least until we have RTX implemented in 2030.

Yeah, it boggles the mind that there hasn't been a game in 15 years that gives MB2 a run for its money. JKA got a worthy competitor with Fallen Order, but the lack of a multiplayer component still looms ever-present. There's not been a game after MB2 that captures the right vibe for SW combat.

I always look at Obi-wan vs Jango Fett as the benchmark on what Star Wars fights should feel like. MB2's the only one on the mark. Most games make lightsabers way too strong and elevate Jedi into god status. Looking at you Battlefront remakes.

Luckily you don't need the biggest monster rig to run MB2 ;) At least until we have RTX implemented in 2030.

Yeah, it boggles the mind that there hasn't been a game in 15 years that gives MB2 a run for its money. JKA got a worthy competitor with Fallen Order, but the lack of a multiplayer component still looms ever-present. There's not been a game after MB2 that captures the right vibe for SW combat.

I always look at Obi-wan vs Jango Fett as the benchmark on what Star Wars fights should feel like. MB2's the only one on the mark. Most games make lightsabers way too strong and elevate Jedi into god status. Looking at you Battlefront remakes.
Yeah. For me, though, half the buttons on my laptop keyboard don't work, the rig itself needs to be replaced just because it's dated and slowing down and it sits on my kitchen counter. So I'd need a computer that actually works and somewhere to sit comfortably and actually get something like that going. I'm so busy with my work and physical training that gaming takes up a very small chunk of my time, primarily on weekends, so it's hard to justify all that money at the moment. Especially living in California where money is scarce. Haha. Definitely something I don't want to wait too long to do though. Being back on these forums alone is giving me crazy nostalgia.

And yeah, Fallen Order and Squadrons is giving me hope that Disney put the fear of god in EA after they tarnished their IP with the microtransaction debacle with BF2. So maybe EA will be too scared to stop developers from finally making good games under that partnership (after EA came on board with exclusivity, I had almost no hope of ever seeing a decent Star Wars game again, so that microtransaction thing may have been a blessing in disguise). Only time will tell. Star Wars is definitely surging in popularity again with EVERYTHING outside of main movie installements (Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, etc...), so we'll just have to wait and see.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Yeah. For me, though, half the buttons on my laptop keyboard don't work, the rig itself needs to be replaced just because it's dated and slowing down and it sits on my kitchen counter. So I'd need a computer that actually works and somewhere to sit comfortably and actually get something like that going. I'm so busy with my work and physical training that gaming takes up a very small chunk of my time, primarily on weekends, so it's hard to justify all that money at the moment. Especially living in California where money is scarce. Haha. Definitely something I don't want to wait too long to do though. Being back on these forums alone is giving me crazy nostalgia.

Yeesh, from what I've heard California is borderline unlivable in terms of living expenses. Stories I've heard of Silicon Valley in particular boggle the mind. People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco Like this is some serious shit :D

But hey, you don't need to dedicate thousands of hours a day! Squeezing an hour or two here or there is all ya need to scratch the itch ;)

So maybe EA will be too scared to stop developers from finally making good games under that partnership
We'll see. They may keep finding a way to botch it up. Even Fallen Order clearly was made on a very tight noose and Squadrons feels like it's built on top of SWBF2. They turned out okay more thanks to their developers rather than EA. :D

Yeesh, from what I've heard California is borderline unlivable in terms of living expenses. Stories I've heard of Silicon Valley in particular boggle the mind. People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco Like this is some serious shit :D

But hey, you don't need to dedicate thousands of hours a day! Squeezing an hour or two here or there is all ya need to scratch the itch ;)

We'll see. They may keep finding a way to botch it up. Even Fallen Order clearly was made on a very tight noose and Squadrons feels like it's built on top of SWBF2. They turned out okay more thanks to their developers rather than EA. :D
Yes, but for games published by EA they are both very good and not shameless money grabbers. And that's a VERY good sign based on EA's track record of being a terrible, terrible company that forces good developers to put out bad products. They initially continued that right out of the gate with Star Wars. But they went too far with Battlefront 2 and Disney smashed their dicks and it seems like they're legitimately too scared of Disney after that to worry about maximizing profits at the cost of quality. I just hope it continues and they don't get comfortable forcing their developers to make garbage again.

And yeah, I'm only a couple hours east of San Francisco and it's ridiculous.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Yes, but for games published by EA they are both very good and not shameless money grabbers. And that's a VERY good sign based on EA's track record of being a terrible, terrible company that forces good developers to put out bad products. They initially continued that right out of the gate with Star Wars. But they went too far with Battlefront 2 and Disney smashed their dicks and it seems like they're legitimately too scared of Disney after that to worry about maximizing profits at the cost of quality. I just hope it continues and they don't get comfortable forcing their developers to make garbage again.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of their up front and honest business models for Fallen Order and Squadrons. That's how I like to buy my games. I'll gladly pay that premium if I know I'll enjoy the game to some extent for say... 8-20 hours. If they can't put out the game at a 20-60€ price point and make a living out of it, maybe it is time to look at the game's scope and scale down. Release a bigger sequel on the same project foundation a year or two later if you want a grander scope.

Modern development frameworks like Unreal and Unity really enable you to stay up to date with the latest innovations in game engine tech without having to dedicate vast internal resources to it. All this while you can trust that the codebase that you've developed will migrate to a newer engine version with moderate effort.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah, I'm a big fan of their up front and honest business models for Fallen Order and Squadrons.
I was hyped for squadrons' vr support. Turns out it is buggy and apparently doesnt go higher than 60 hz on vr glasses and that sucks ass for vr + fast paced combat. Glad I waited for the reviews first. I was almost already buying a hotas for this. Probably wont get this title if they don't fix this (sadly).

btw hi Pilo T I also remember you from the community pics.