I can't believe this is still here

I started playing Movie Battles II in 2005 during Build 15 of the Open Beta.

Haven't played it in FOREVER, but a "Retro gaming" YouTube video with Jedi Academy popped up in my Suggestions today and it made me think of this.

I can't believe it's still going strong all these years later. Are there still a bunch of people actively playing?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Pilo T. Holy shit that's an oldschool name. I remember you from way back when I started playing. You had an avatar that showed off your mooscles iirc.

Last edited:
Pilo T. Holy shit that's an oldschool name. I remember you from way back when I started playing. You had an avatar that showed off your mooscles iirc.
Hahaha. Yeah, this game was my jam all through high school. Now I'm 31. I didn't expect it to still be going strong. I don't think I've played the game in about 10 years. I definitely don't have the setup to game on a computer right now, but I'd love to get back into this game. I never got tired of it, I just had other life priorities (lifting being one of them) that made computer gaming fall off.

My current avatar is me with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I started playing Movie Battles II in 2005 during Build 15 of the Open Beta.

Haven't played it in FOREVER, but a "Retro gaming" YouTube video with Jedi Academy popped up in my Suggestions today and it made me think of this.

I can't believe it's still going strong all these years later. Are there still a bunch of people actively playing?
Sup, I believe I saw you flexing your muscles on that one community face reveal thread. Welcome back

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Welcome back Pilo T! MBII has stayed within its own bubble last ten years (which thank god given all the crap current gen gaming, you have not missed much). Fun stuff coming down the pipeline so good time to pop back in to check on stuff XD

Welcome back Pilo T! MBII has stayed within its own bubble last ten years (which thank god given all the crap current gen gaming, you have not missed much). Fun stuff coming down the pipeline so good time to pop back in to check on stuff XD
Lindseyyyyyyyyy. I don't know what surprises me more. That MB2 is still around or that you're still here. I believe you started on this game before I did.

I don't currently have a gaming setup at all (aka a fully functioning laptop at a desk. I have a barely working laptop that's on my kitchen counter), but if I ever get one going again I will absolutely hop back on this game.

Haha yup, my mb2 career is older than a lot of the players at this point.
Ahhhh Jamie, you're still here. And Chaos too. Do you guys still play? My mind continues to be blown by how much of this is still intact from when I was into it last like 8 years ago.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Most everyone still plays, including hexodious, unless they left in the exodus in the wake of the 1.5 sabering debacle. Between like 2017-2018 sabering was... changed, and many would say it became less fun/diverse, and many started playing a lot less. However, we also have a lot of newer people like me.

QUACK.

i hope you've been using your ability to outrun cars for a good cause
Qwerty! Another familiar face. I actually got really really slow and much stronger. I've run maybe once or twice since I got out of the Navy. It's all about the weights now. Powerlifting and Strongman.