•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server How to make Server respond with certain Commands

Hi, i have a server which is currently using the [RTV/RTM] system. I would like to know if its also possible for players to type certain commands, and then the server would respond with the answer.

Example:
When a player types: !rules , the Server will answer with server rules. If he types !website , the server will answer with website link.

The server answer must be in ALL chat, so all players can read

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Yes, write a script that reads the game log from either log file or stdout, and call back svsay command with text afterward in quotes.

Yes, write a script that reads the game log from either log file or stdout, and call back svsay command with text afterward in quotes.
I understand, but thats the problem. No idea how to even start that. Did any1 make the script already?

The rtv/rtm script already scans the game log, how to implement to use for svsay command?

Last edited:

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
There is no such script in existence. To write it, just open RTVRTM script in any text editor (it is python, human readable), check how they do it, and adapt for your needs. If you can't do it, there is nothing anyone can do, unless someone interesting in writing it pops up and does the hard work. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Still, from technical point of view, it is perfectly doable and feasible (aka doesn't require any sorcery).

/Cat Lady