•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server How can I access admin commands, and use RTV with my server.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Hi!
I am hosting a server for my group, and everything is working fine, the server is showing up on the list, but I am just wondering what I need to do to access admin commands in-game. Do I need to change my server.cfg? Also, I need to know how to implement a RTV system. Any experienced server owners out there that can help me? Thanks.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Question about RTV was accepted in the other thread, so focusing on the admin - yes, you need to modify server.cfg (and should do that already anyway, if only for changing /rcon password so no random patron will, for example, login and shut down server ;) ). Most of it is commented with tips, the section that you should be interested for that task is "smod" keyword. There, you can set up to 15 (IIRC) smod accounts, every one of them with different things enabled (as you please). By default, smod 1 have all commands enabled. Obviously, you should also set up a password for smods, there is a section for that in appropriate place of config.

Then, while on server, you login via:

Code:
/smod login x [i]password

...where x is smod account number, and password is... self-explanatory ;)

/Cat Lady

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
All are listed in MBII Readme.html in GameData, i've been told. Good catch, BTW.

On server, if you write /smod without arguments, all commands available to you are listed, too (so only "login" if you're not logged, and afterwards, list of commands enabled for you).