Handy Binds Thread - NEWEST, Lag script explained + extras!

k4far

Banned
Donator
INTRODUCTION...​
Having a keyboard of insignificant size and no additional buttons on Your mouse. It is pretty bothersome... what if You would like to have everything in an easily accesible place. So, when the time comes You are not wasting time looking for it. It must be annoying being killed just because of the time lost by looking for that one power / ability You wanted to use at just right moment. Hence...

Binding multiple separately used weapons, powers and abilities on to a single button:
Code:
/bind <key> "+force_lightning; +force_grip; force_distract; force_speed; weapon 10"

Used separately yet, commonly (Lightning, Grip, Mind Trick, Speed, Granade) under one single button. The end of panicking and wasting time.

Get all of the weapons under first 4 numeric buttons. Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifles to 4 and all other guns like Bowcaster, E11, Clone Rifle to 3, Pistol like to 2, Lightsaber and Fists under 1.

Code:
/bind 1 "weapon 1"
/bind 2 "weapon 2"
/bind 3 "weapon 3; weapon 5; weapon 6"
/bind 4 "weapon 4; weapon 9"

Special moves:
Saber, force & melee"]FORCE:
Speed Lunge
Code:
/bind <key> "+forward;  force_speed; +moveup"
│ Player will dash forward at high speed.

Requires Jump 3 and Speed 2, having Speed 3 allows You to swing Your sword. Cost of this move is currently 35 Force Points it is being plotted the Developers might change the energy used for it from Force Points (blue points) to Block Points (red points). No idea if it will still drain the Force Points for activating Force Speed.

MELEE:
Forward Air Kick
Code:
/bind <key> "+use; +forward; +altattack"
│ Perform a jump forward pushing or even knocking down Your target. Useful for moving people... blocking corridors.

Requires melee level 2 as a Soldier class. Other classes capable of doing swifty moves do not have to worry about it. SBD and Droideka are excluded. During cooldown it will server as kicking button. As a Jedi/Sith You can not have the saber in hand for it to work.

SWORD:
Saber Extended Forward Air Kick
Code:
/bind <key> "+use; +forward; +button14"
│ Perform a jump without switching to melee push or even knock-down Your target. Useful for clearing pathways.

The main difference between: Forward Air Kick and Saber Extended (...) is the need to have the sword extended - not just in hand! During a cooldown it will work as button for walking forward. I highly do not recommend binding it as a whole.

When it comes to, settings.
Most of the variables can take only two values: "0" and "1". In such cases you may use the word "toggle" between them to change the current state to the other.

Let us explain the purpose of certain words:

• ping (if you are familiar with disabled for 'malicious reasons'.
  • wait is used to wait given ammount of miliseconds
  • seta is used to give values to variables permanently. You can as well use /<command> and game will remember it anyway.
  • set is used to give values to variables for the short time (untill you shut the game down).
  • semicolon ; - used to separate commands.

Idea is fairly simple. You bind two values for cl_maxfps and switch between them quickly. If they are people constantly abusing it while you are trying to snipe them to mess your accuracy compiling it out entire cvar would solve the problem...

│ Quick solution: It can be patched by setting the lowest value not to exceed 30.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_teamchatsonly
│ For turning all messages visible on left side except for team.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_disableChatSound
│ Turn off chat sounds.
Code:
/cg_chatbox <value>
│ If You have a sudden urge for hiding the chat entirely set it to 0, if you want to extend the time you can see the messages go beyond 12000 (default) it's in milliseconds.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_disablechatsound
| Disable sound that plays everytime new message is sent.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle  cg_drawRadar
│ Hide the map visible in right top corner. You can still use the one under "M" button.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_showmiss
│ Everytime you miss to hit an enemy you are going to get 'prediction error' notification.
Code:
r_we clear
| Get rid of annoying rain on Kamino for example. Improve your FPS or other reasons...
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cl_freelook
│ For locking the crosshair at the height of average head. On tight space it might allow to score a lot of headshots without breaking a sweat. It is not easy to use, unless with a Pistol or...
Code:
/bind <key> centerview
│ It will move Your crosshair to default position.
Code:
/bind <key> +mlook
│ If You want to move Your crosshair for a moment.
Code:
/bind <key> "saberattackcycle; +altattack; +attack; -altattack; saberattackcycle"
│ It will let You use the alt fire from EE-3... with no time loss from scoping.
Code:
/bind <key> "force_throw; force_pull; +moveup"
│ Until jumping after pushing / pulling goes without thinking (you can remove one of powers and replace basic F1 or F2 binds. Visible above is for both powers not played together.

Cheers to @LoU, @Helix, @Nightshades
I will be adding more and frequently.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

k4far

Banned
Donator
New things:
  1. Super Push (Thanks to @LoU. it was not possible to make it any simplier because of ";wait" command being globally disabled, lagscripts and macro abuses are forcing it to be so complicated.)
  2. Messing With In-Game Chat (Thanks to @StarWarsGeek , less on the screen the better.)

What in the future ?
Quick scoping. I think I might add other moves for saber / melee / mixed forces, but some of them should just be known, there is no need to have a bind for everything. Command making it possible to turn off chat sounds (as for now we can do it in game settings, not via console as I would like). Hiding the (right top corner) radar.

Minor change of plans.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
I agree, to some degree. You see, I do not like when people are using transparent scopes & modified interface - they can see better / more, but whatever. As long as it is not moving their mouses or auto blocking attacks I am fine with it. It is not like binds can do everything.

superpush is basically something u can do if u can cycle the powers good

it'd be like making an auto usejump roll cancel macro it'd just take out the mechanical skill involved in doing it making it just some thing anyone can do well

k4far

Banned
Donator
superpush is basically something u can do if u can cycle the powers good

it'd be like making an auto usejump roll cancel macro it'd just take out the mechanical skill involved in doing it making it just some thing anyone can do well

I am thinking of scrambling up a vstr, a vstr for Arc Trooper. It will allow to roll far behind without turning around and wasting time.
Would You hate me even more if I mad3 dis.

you should make a backwhack macro too just to get the maximum coverage of pissing everyone off

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
I despise any kind of scripting for special moves cos it removes all skill for timing them right.

It is basically the same thing as mando quickscope script and should be banned

2 do:
Mendo quik skop.

There is no skill included (in me) as long as there are significant ping differences, stacking, playing on BG during a ddos lol.

2 do:
Mendo quik skop.

There is no skill included (in me) as long as there are significant ping differences, stacking, playing on BG during a ddos lol.

I dunno. I can still do pretty well with a significant ping difference, unless I'm dueling. Gunning is gud tho.

k4far

Banned
Donator
New additions:
  1. Quick scope,
  2. Hiding radar (the minimap from the top right corner).

Plans for future:
I have been trying to make that effortless roll for Arc in which You would not have to look behind to roll behind full lenght, it going, somehow.
Also, I am experimenting with double shot for lvl 2 pistols (it will be a charged shot and then the normal one in quick succession - sounds like a cheat definitely, so I think I will not release it). Shall I consider something else?

Minor change of plans.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator

Oh wow,
I can tell names of over 3 significant people using similiar "scripts" calling it "skill".
Now everyone is equal in my eyes. Thank You for Your feedback it is important to me, No.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Awesome weapon script by @Jiube
Code:
bind 1 "weapon 1"                               
bind 2 "weapon 2"
bind 3 "weapon 3; weapon 5; weapon 6"
bind 4 "weapon 4; weapon 9"
Binds rocket launcher and sniper rifles to 4 and all other guns like bowcaster, e11, clone rifle etc etc to 3.

I also have
Code:
bind z "force_lightning;weapon 10"
where weapon 10 is grenade, so effectively lightning and grenade on one button.

Oh and this one, can be considered a bit cheaty but used to save my ass in the days of noobness, until jumping after the push became the reflex:
Code:
bind <key> "force_throw;+moveup"

And here's my script for people with many SMODs on different servers
Admin script

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Is it possible to create a bind that hides your crosshair as long as you're holding Attack?

There's already certain commands (such as +attack) that have a + to denote that they activate constantly as long at the button is held. Can a vstr be used with a +? As in, can you make a vstr that's "+attack; cg_drawcrosshair 1;" and then bind MOUSE1 (or whatever it is) to +thatvstr?

Oh wow,
I can tell names of over 3 significant people using similiar "scripts" calling it "skill".
Now everyone is equal in my eyes. Thank You for Your feedback it is important to me, No.
script abusers will never be equal to genuinely skilled players

while i generally disagree with the use of scripts i do enjoy imagining a gun v gun fight where one guy has used a script to lock his gunfire to head level and the other guy realizes this and then just crouches and shoots as the guy using the scripts struggles to reach his bind halfway across his keyboard

srsly tho script casuls get out

weapon binds are one thing but using scripts to gain an actual advantage that can be exploited with no repercussion is just pure assholery

i do however enjoy watching ppl talk about scripts or elsewise when it comes to the game tho as it shows u wat lengths ppl go to in order to gain an advantage in a game and how clever they can be while doing it

keep at it